Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Eighteen: "I'll Be Better"

Disclaimer: I only own the characters I have made up. Sidney and the Penguins belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Eighteen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn’t fall asleep for the longest time. Thoughts kept running through my mind. I thought of everything that had happened the past few days I had been down here. I thought of the ride down here with Sidney. I thought of how much our relationship had changed. I thought of what Eric had told me. I thought of Daniel.

Daniel. It still hurt me to even think of him, little alone say his name. I acted as if I didn’t care. But I did. I would never fully be able to get over what he did. It would be a mistake that I would never make again.

Sure after him I had dated. But I was always emotionally detached. I never fully put my heart out. I was afraid that it would break again and I would have to go through all that pain once more. So I always broke up with the person before they could break me. I was never fully committed in relationships.

But right now. Everything felt right. Being with Sidney. And as much as I didn’t want to admit it, it was the truth.

I sighed and turned my body around so that I was facing Sidney’s sleeping figure. He looked so content and happy in life. He always had a smile on his face. No one could ever bring down his happy moods.

Well, except for me.

I was the one who could hurt him. I was the one who always gave him a hard time. It was me who could change his good mood into bad in seconds flat. I was the only one who could really and truly hurt him. Oh, of course I’m sure there were girls who had broken his heart, but he never showed it. He only showed his true emotions with me. Whenever I was around.

I pushed a stray piece of hair out of Sidney’s face and felt his grip on me tighten. I felt a smile creep onto my face.

I didn’t want to hurt him anymore. I had hurt him one too many times.

“I’ll be better.” I whispered and closed my eyes. I fell into a dreamless sleep and it felt like seconds later when I was being woken up.

“Look how cute they are darling.” I heard Mrs. Crosby say.

“Yes, very. Now let’s go before we wake them.” Mr. Crosby said.

“Oh come on- one picture. Helen and Wes would just love to see this.”

“One quick photo.” Mr. Crosby told his wife.

I heard and saw the flash go off and heard Mrs. Crosby saying just one more picture. I could almost picture Mr. Crosby pulling her away to go to bed.

I smiled and let out a little giggle.

“Parents.” I heard Sid whisper.

I opened my eyes and saw Sidney looking at me with a small smile on his face.

“Gotta love ‘em.” I whispered back. I closed my eyes again to fall back asleep.

“Do you want to go up to bed?” I heard Sidney ask me and then felt him kiss my forehead.

“I’m too comfy to move.” I told him.

“Well then I guess I’ll move you.”

I ignored him, thinking he wouldn’t do anything. I felt him move somewhat away from me and I grunted. I then felt myself being lifted up, yet again, and being carried off. I opened my eyes and saw Sidney looking straight ahead. I made myself comfortable for the short trip and soon felt myself being put down. Sidney climbed over me and lied down next to me. He didn’t wrap his arm around my waist or place his hand on my arm. I turned and shifted my position so that I was facing him and propped my head on my shoulder. Sidney’s eyes were closed, but I knew he wasn’t sleeping. I put my head down near his and snuggled close to him. I made sure not to touch him and closed my eyes.

I was almost asleep when I felt Sidney pull me closer to him and wrap his arm around me. I smiled and placed my hands on his chest. I wouldn’t have traded this moment for anything. I had finally made up my mind.

I heard the alarm clock going off the next day and rolled over. I opened my eyes and saw that it was still dark out. I sat up in bed when I heard the alarm clock stop. I saw Sidney get up and go into the bathroom. I looked at the clock and saw that it was only six in the morning.

“Oh you’re up?” Sidney asked me, coming out of the bathroom.

“Do you guys have an early practice today?” I asked.

“Yea, we’ve got a game later tonight. And don’t forget about the whole ‘best player on the team’ thing.”

I laughed, “Wouldn’t want to do that. Who knows what those boys would do to me.”

Sidney smiled at me, “I’m going to get ready. Go back to sleep.”

I watched him walk back into the bathroom and close the door when I thought of an idea. I slowly climbed out of bed and made my way after Sid. I hesitated though when the shower water came on, but continued anyways. He was probably just turning it on so it could warm up first. Without knocking on the door I went to open it.

When it didn’t move I realized that he had locked the door. Stupid prick.

I then got the biggest smile on my face when I saw a spider on the bed. I began to yell his name and freak out. I backed up in one of the corners of the room, pointed at the spider, and continued to yell for Sidney.

Sidney soon bursted out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around him. He was soaking wet and I wanted to laugh, but that would have ruined the whole joke.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“There’s a spider on the bed!” I told him, still pretending to be scared of the small creature.

“Are you serious?” Sidney asked me. He did not look amused.

Which, of course, just made it funnier.

I nodded, “Get it! Get it! Get it!”

Sidney rolled his eyes at me, but walked over to the bed anyways to get the spider. He picked the spider up, opened the window, and then put the spider down on the window sill. He then turned to look at me.

“I never thought you would be that type of girl.”

“Oh, don’t worry. I’m not.” I said, winking and ran into the bathroom quickly shutting and locking the door.

I heard Sidney curse and try to open the door, but it didn’t work.

“I’ll break this door down if I have too.” I heard him say. He continued trying to open the door and convince me to open it, “You know I have to go to practice soon.”

“I know.” I said.

I heard him quiet on the other side of the door and that’s when I knew what to do. I unlocked the door silently and climbed in the shower, with the water still running. I tried not to get to wet, which didn’t exactly work.

“You can come in now!” I called out.

I heard the door open.

“What are you doing Jess?” Sidney asked me suspiciously.

“Nothing at all. I figured we could save water this way.”

“You’re up to something.” He said, he was getting closer.

“Am I ever up to something?”

“All the time. So what are you playing at now?” he asked.

“Oh,” I started to say when he pulled the shower curtain back and saw me standing in the shower fully clothed.

“What are you doing?”

I shrugged, “Wouldn’t you like to know.”

“I would.” He said, stepping in the shower. His towel was still around his waist, but we both looked at each other intently before our lips came crashing together in a heated kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! So I'm posting Chapter Nineteen after this. I'll have to put it up tomorrow because I'm tired and I have to work tomorrow. But I promise I'm posting it right after I get home tomorrow because it's a continuation of where this chapter ends.
Anyways, I appreciate the feedback and I hope you guys enjoy this update.
And please, tell me if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes. I do try to make sure there aren't any, but sometimes I skip over some. So it would be nice to be able to go back and fix it.