Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Best Player

Disclamier: I only own my characters and the plot line- all players belongs to Mairo Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Twenty-Eight
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks have passed since Sid proposed to me and we’ve grown much closer since then. I enjoy his company wherever we go, especially when I haven’t seen him for most of the day.

I’ve been to all his home and away games- and I’ve carried out my promise to wear the boy’s jerseys to figure out who the best player is. Well, technically tonight I’m to carry out my promise. They’ve been arguing much more recently with each other about who the better player is. Crosby is sure that it’s him, Maxie (it has stuck quite well) keeps bribing me and Letang keeps sucking up to me along with Staal- not that I minded much. Fleury is really the only one who doesn’t bother me constantly about it. But, he is the only goalie that is involved with my promise and therefore he is almost exempt from it.

“You ready Jess?” I hear Sid ask me.

I came out of the bathroom and saw Sid standing in our room. Yes, our room. After the bet I tried to sleep in the room originally assigned to me, but it just wasn’t as comfy.

“Ready! Where are we going? You still haven’t told me.”

“It’s a surprise.” He told me as we walked downstairs and into the garage.

“I want to drive.” I told him, as I headed towards my Land Rover.

He gave me a look, “You never want to drive.”

“I never really need to go and besides- my poor baby hasn’t been out for some time now.” I told him as I went to open the door to my wonderful vehicle.

“Alright, we can take you precious Land Rover.” He told me, walking towards Matthieu. “But are you sure you want to drive. I don’t mind.”

“Nah, I’ll drive.” I said, climbing into the driver’s seat.

“I guess that means I get to drive home, eh?” he asked as he got seated into the passenger seat.

“I can drive home.”

“Jess.” He said with a stern voice. “Everyone knows how you drink around ‘Maxie’.”

“I won’t drink tonight. I’ll tell Maxie I’m the designated driver.” I started the engine as I told Sidney the excuse.

“Which means I’ll have to drink and honestly I’d rather not.”

“I’ll just tell him no then.”

“I’ll believe that when I see it.”

I quickly diverted my eyes from the road to stick my tongue out at him. “So where are we going?” I asked as we exited the community.

“Turn left. Fleury and Letang wanted to check this new place out.”

“Awesome. Someplace new.”

>>
After a thirty minute car ride we finally arrived at the tiny bar. As I parked and turned off the car I gave Sid a questioning look at which he just shrugged.

When we walked in we were instantly greeted by the host. The place was not just a bar, but a restaurant as well. As I got a good look at the place I realized it wasn’t as small as it looked from the outside.

“May I help you?” the older guy asked. “Party for two?”

“No, actually we’re here to see some friends. I believe it was reserved under Fleury.” Sid told the middle aged guy.

“Ah, yes! You guys are near the back. Follow me, I’ll get you seated and make sure your drinks are ordered.” He told us, grabbing two menus and gesturing for us to follow him. Sidney placed his hand on the small of my back as he guided me in front of him.

“Nice of you two to join us!” Kennedy exclaimed from his seat.

“We weren’t sure if you were giving Jess a reason to pick you.” Letang snickered from his seat near the head of the table.

“Excuse me.” I told him, giving him a dirty look.

“Get your mind out of the gutter Hunter.” He told me.

“You’re the one who said it Kris.” Staal said.

“Oh whatever. Like it matters. They’ve got to be doing the nasty-they are getting married. Anyway,” Kris continued so he wouldn’t get yelled at, “We saved the head of the table just for you Jess.”

“How kind.” I smiled and as I made my way to my seat I greeted all the players. The only two people I realized that were missing were Marc-Andre and Maxie.

“Where’s Marc-Andre and Max?” I asked.

As soon as I asked though, my question was answered. Both of them walked in and sat down. I was looking at Maz as he sat down and when he looked up at me he seemed irritated.

“What?” he snapped.

“You look a bit rough.” I commented, which only made his mood worse- if that was possible.

“Shut up Jessica.”

“Make me.” I told him in my immature matter.

He gave me a dirty look and when he saw the waitress, he made her come to him first. “I’ll have your strongest drink.” He told her after she’d introduced herself to the whole table.

“Just a water for now.” I told her and as she made her way around the table, Max turned to me.

“Taking it easy tonight I see.”

“Taking it you’re not.”

“No way man.”

“I’m not a man.”

“Or are you?” he questioned, raising his eyebrow.

“Wanna find out?” I questioned him and when he was about to respond I quickly told him tough luck.

“So when are you going to tell us who the best player is?” Malkin asked, after our drinks arrived and everyone had caught up with each other (which didn’t take long at all).

I took a sip from my water before I replied, “I was thinking maybe during dessert.”

“We have to wait that long?” Fleury whined from his seat.

“Well, I was planning on talking about all the weaknesses during dinner-”

A bunch of groaned irrupted from the hockey players at the table.

“Fine then. I guess will talk about them instead of both your strengths and weaknesses.”

“I want to hear about my strengths!” Tyler exclaimed suddenly.

I simply shrugged, “Eh. I don’t know now.”

“Are you guys ready to order now?” the waitress asked, just in time.

“I think so.” Sid told her and about half an hour later we were all being served.

“So Jess- please enlighten us with your observations.” Letang told me.

“OK.” And so I began going around the table and telling them the information I had gathered. Sometimes I was interrupted by one of the guys agreeing with me and what not.

“Is that really all you have to say?” Lovejoy joked after everyone was done eating and I had just finished.

“No- but I figured if I went on we’d be sitting here all night.” I told him.

“Are you guys going to have dessert?” the waitress asked, coming in to check on us and cleaning up.

“Yes. And would you be so kind as to get this lovely lady sitting next to me-”

“I’m the only ‘lovely lady’ at the table Talbot.”

“Sh. I was going to say,” he started again talking to the waitress, “If you could get her a Chocolate Martini.”

“Maxie, I’m not drinking.”

“Oh come on- just one!”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because I said no.”

“Fine. Never mind then.” He told the girl.

She smiled as she went around asking what we were having and the ones who ordered something simple, like ice cream(me), only had to wait a couple minutes. But I waited until all the guys had their dessert before I continued to tell them who the best player was.

“Alright. So,” I sighed, “This was a very difficult decision, but I was finally able to decide who the better player was-”

“It’s me.” I heard one of the boys whisper, but I couldn’t tell which one it was.

I cleared my throat before I continued, “Mr. Crosby.” I was going to be quite formal about this, “As Captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins-”

“No fair, the guy has a complete in!”

“Tyler, shut up!” I yelled at him, “I’m trying to announce the winner.”

“I told you I was the best.”

“Sidney.”

“Sorry.” He mumbled.

“As I was saying- as Captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins I would like to tell you personally that your best player.” I paused for a few seconds and I swear every guy leaned towards me, awaiting the announcement. “Is the whole team. You guys all play better when you play as a team. I’ve seen you guys lose games because you don’t communicate or work together. But when you do you are amazing.”

“Come on Jess- that’s the easy way out!” Letang said.

“But it’s the truth. I mean really- when you all get along and don’t hog the puck you are all awesome.”

“She’s gotta point.” Staal said.

“Thank you and because I couldn’t just pick one player- I figured that I should get you all something.”

“This is why we all love you Jess.”

I gave Fleury a look at which he instantly flashed me an innocent smile.

“I’ve asked the waitress to give a shot to all of you.”

“What about you?” Jordan asked me.

“Wait- when did you do this?” Sid asked.

“No sadly I will not partake-”

“What has happened to my Jessica?” Max dramatically exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes and answered Sid’s question instead, “When I went to the bathroom and I paid for it too. My choice, my gift.” I smiled.

Just then the waitress walked in carrying a tray full of shots and I smiled and laughed as all the guys cheered.

“Miss, would you like one?” she asked after she gave all the celebrating hockey players their shot.

“Not thanks.”

“She’s being a party pooper.” Maxie told her.

She smiled at him, but didn’t say anything before she walked away.

“Maxie, I hate to tell you this, but I think you’re losing your touch.”

“She wants me- she just doesn’t know it yet.”

“Sure.” I told him, letting him know I did not agree with his statement, “Alright boys- three! Two! One!”

All the guys quickly threw back their shot and smiled dumbly afterwards.

>>
At the end of the night, after Sidney and I had said our goodbyes to the boys we got in my Land Rover and drove home. But as we crawled into bed and I was ready to sleep, Sid asked me why I hadn’t had anything to drink.

“No reason.” I told lied. “Just wasn’t up for it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to put this up, but not a lot of people are commenting on this story anymore and it took me ages to finally figure out how I wanted the chapter to go. I had to rewrite this about three times. But inspiration finally came to me. But I do hope it makes up for not posting in so long. It's close to about 2000 words I believe.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed! And sorry for any mistakes, I really wanted to get this up, but I think I got most of my mistakes as I was typing it up.