Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Thirty-Two: A Flight Home

Disclaimer: Disclaimer: I only own my characters, Sidney and the Pittsburgh Penguins belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Thirty-Two
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“No.” he told me.

“No?” I asked him, disbelief plainly written all over my face.

“Yes, no.” he told me again.

“What do you mean ‘no’?” I asked, trying to keep my voice calm. This boy wasn’t going to tell me what I could do and what I couldn’t.

“I don’t want you going up there by yourself.” He said, turning his back on me and walking down the hall.

“It isn’t like I haven’t traveled on my own before. And how can you say such a thing? I haven’t seen my parents in weeks! Hell, I haven’t seen Eric in months!”

“Jess, I just don’t want you to go up there alone. End of discussion.”

I was furious at him, he had his teammates and his family seemed to call regularly whereas, even though I had befriended some of the players on the team, I was still getting into the swing of things. Besides, my parents didn’t call as often since they were always super busy. As I watched Sidney head off to practice I already made up my mind.

I wasn’t going to listen to Sidney.

The taxi dropped me off right in front of the airport and I got out, grabbing my suitcase with me. I held one, first class ticket in my hand and in the other I had a small bag to accompany me on the flight and keep me entertained. I gave the driver the money I owed him and headed into the airport going through the metal detectors and finally ending up where I needed to be. I sat down in an empty seat near the big windows and watched the planes outside. Thankfully Eric had some connections and was able to get me such a good seat. I hadn’t told him that Sidney had said no though. Besides, I knew Eric would take my side on the situation- he always had my back and would defend me.

“Flight 1090 is now boarding.” I heard the announcement and quickly got up, grabbing my bag and heading towards the gate to board. I handed the lady my ticket and then I suddenly felt nervous. It wasn’t because I was scared of flying, because I wasn’t, but instead it was because I was completely disregarding Sid’s orders and for some reason that made me feel rebellious and liberating. I smiled as I took my seat and a few minutes after the plane lifted off and I introduced myself to the person sitting beside me, I drifted off to sleep, only to be woken up a short while after by the flight attendant walking down the aisle.

“Would you like anything to drink?” she asked me.

I politely shook my head and she walked away after Josh also said no. A few moments of silence washed over us and just as I was getting ready to fall asleep again, Josh spoke.

“So why are you visiting Canada?” he asked.

“Visiting my family and a friend.” I told him. “What about you?”

“I’m trying to win back my friend. She’s getting married shortly and I want her to know that he isn’t right for her.” He told me and I could tell he was being serious by the look he gave me.

“Win her back?” I asked him, not fully understanding his situation.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair nervously. “Her fiancée and I don’t get along and well, I was made to look like the bad guy so I got sent away, I guess you could say. But she needs to know that he doesn’t love her- not the way-” he stopped abruptly before taking a deep breath and continuing, “Not the way I love her. I just want her to know my true feelings for her. I should’ve acted on them sooner, but I just know that he isn’t right. You know what I mean?” he asked me.

“No, I’m sorry but I don’t.” I told him truthfully.

“Well, I guess I can’t really explain it, but I can try.” He smiled. “At first I thought he was so much better for her than I would ever be- low self esteem, right? But after awhile he started to treat her badly, not in like an abusive way though. He just started to work more and leave her hanging to the point where she was other my place almost every other night sticking up for the jerk. He and I started to have our differences, although we always did, and it got her mad at me. But, now all I can do is confess my love to her.”

“I hope she doesn’t choose to stay with him.” I told him.

“Thanks, I hope so too.”

I gave him an encouraging smile, “How long have you known her?”

“Since we were in the fourth grade.” He said and let out a laugh.

“How’d you two meet?” I asked, thinking it would be a good story.

Josh gave me a grin and told me the story on how they met. By the end of the flight, I felt as if I knew not only Josh better, but I felt as if I had known Nina since childhood. As we walked off the flight together still chatting we decided to exchange numbers and I told him to let me know how everything worked out and wished him luck. He smiled and waved back at me as he went his own way and I looked around for Eric who said he’d pick me up.

After a few moments, I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind and took in the familiar scent of Eric as he rested his face in the crook of my neck. “You came.” He whispered.

“Of course I came silly!” I laughed, as I turned around to face my best friend. He gave me a huge crooked smile before enveloping me into a bear hug, which I returned instantly.

“Come on, let’s get your bags and grab some food to eat.” He told me, as he grabbed my hand and led me to the baggage claim.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys new chapter! Enjoy(: