Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Four: Pittsburgh Material

Disclaimer: I only own my characters, Sidney and the rest of the Pittsburgh Penguins belong to Mario Lemieux.

~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Four

Jordan took me to a nice little restaurant somewhere in the city, I didn’t know the name of it, but he promised me they had some darn good food. We had gotten a table near the back and I was facing the front, while Jordan sat across from me in the booth. I started to notice that people were staring and hitting the person they were with only to look our way again.

“Why are people staring at us?” I asked, looking at a group of teenage girls who were giggling like crazy while watching us.

“I think they’re staring at you.” Jordan told me, winking.

I blushed at his remark, but quickly shook it off, “Why would they be staring at me. I’m nothing special and it’s not like anyone knows who I am around here,” I looked back up at Jordan, still hearing the teenage girls giggling but they were now glaring at me, “And those girls are quite annoying.”

“They’re just jealous that you’re prettier than them.” He said, looking down at the menu figuring out what to get.

I laughed, “Doubt that.”

“Hello, Jordan? I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind signing my little boy’s hat.” An older man asked, handing Jordan a white hat with a black sharpie. He had a little kid standing behind him, trying to hide. He looked about ten and he was really cute. I smiled when he looked at me and he quickly glanced away.

“Is that his girlfriend?” I heard the boy ask as they were walking away once Jordan had signed the hat.

“What was that about?” I asked, ignoring the kid’s question.

“Well, you see- people might not know who you are, but people sure do know who I am.”

“Way to sound cocky.” I joked.

“Did it come out that way? I really didn’t mean for it to sound like I was bragging or anything. It’s just that…” he stalled, “I guess I can tell you- I mean if you don’t like Sidney, I guess I have nothing to worry about,” he mumbled to himself, “But well, you see, I’m Jordan Staal.” He told me, looking at me, waiting for some kind of reaction.

“So?” I asked, dragging it out.

“I’m a professional hockey player for the Pittsburgh Penguins.” He explained.

“Oh!” I said, feeling dumb, “That’s why you knew where Crosby lived; you weren’t a stalker kid after all!”

He simply laughed at me, “Of course that would be what you thought.”

I shrugged, “I try.”

Soon after we ordered our food, I got a Buffalo Burger (but instead of the Burger it was chicken) with waffle fries and a side salad while Jordan got a Burger with chips and sprite. He was right about the food here, it wasn’t just good- it was delicious. I wasn’t able to finish all my lunch though and when the check came I tried to fight Jordan about paying for my meal, which of course he refused.

“You’re a pain. You know that?” I asked Jordan as we walked down the pretty, crowded streets of Pittsburgh.

“Me? Are you serious?” Jordan asked, pretending to be hurt.

I laughed and punched him on the shoulder, “Yes you. Who else would I be referring to?”

Jordan laughed too and we continued walking down the streets, when he pulled me into a store. I took a quick glance around the place and realized it was a small sports store. Jordan quickly picked up something from the rack and went up to the cashier. He turned back around, a huge grin on his face, hiding whatever it was behind his back. He told me to put my arms up and close my eyes. I made sure he saw me roll my eyes, but did as I was told. I felt him slip a shirt on over top my head.

“I have to officially make sure you are Pittsburgh material.” He laughed, “You can open your eyes now.”

I opened them and realized that Jordan had put a Penguins’ jersey on me. I looked in the mirror that the store had hanging up and looked at the number. It was number eleven, I was about to ask who’s number that was when I saw his last name on the back. Of course he would buy his number on the jersey.

“Do you like it?” he asked, watching me examining the new jersey.

“Like it? Nope,” I watched as his face fell, “I love it!” I declared, giving him a hug.

I heard him laugh again while he hugged me back, “Good, I would have been extremely upset if you didn’t like my welcoming gift. Now you have to promise me you’ll come to one of my games so you can wear that.”

“I think I would probably wear this even if I wasn’t going to a game.”

“Good.” He said and we made our way back to his car to head home. Once we pulled into the driveway awhile later I asked if he would like to come in and chill out for a bit. He agreed and we headed in. As soon as I had unlocked the door I was surrounded by darkness- no lights were on and the house looked creepy. I searched the wall for the light switch, but Jordan found it before I did. I silently thanked him, wondering if Sidney was asleep or he went out.

We walked to the living room, which was next to the kitchen, and sat down on the brown colored couch. Jordan turned on the TV and we flipped through the channels until we both decided on Our Family Wedding. It was really funny, but it soon became very late and I fell asleep on the couch with Jordan’s arm around me.

“What the hell are you doing?” someone yelled, waking me up. I opened my eyes and realized that I was lying on the couch with my head on Jordan’s chest. I figured that the person yelling was none other than the infamous Sidney Crosby.

“I’m sleeping, what does it look like I’m doing?” I asked, closing my eyes again and snuggled closer to the sleeping figure next to me. I was still tired and I didn’t feel like getting up. I was actually surprised that Jordan was still asleep.

“Do you know who you’re asleep with on the couch Hunter?” he shouted, once again.

I simply moaned and then I felt Jordan shift in his sleep.

“Hey man.” I heard Jordan say, his voice heavy with sleep.

“Don’t hey man me. What the hell were you thinking?”

“Crosby boy! Stop yelling, it’s too early.” I told him, not moving.

“It’s almost ten in the morning, it is not fuckin’ early.”

“Ten!” I exclaimed, sitting up, and then it dawned on me, “Where were you last night, eh?”

“Don’t change the subject to me Hunter, right now we’re discussing what you did last night. Especially since I see you’re wearing a Penguins’ jersey.” Sidney said, eyeing the number eleven, Staal jersey.

“Oh this old thing?” I asked, not making a big deal of it, “Oh and Jordan and I had quite the fun night, didn’t we?” I smirked, looking Sidney in the eyes.

“Very fun, the best time I’ve had in awhile.” He said, putting his arm around my waist.

“What the fuck did you do to her Jordan?” Sidney shouted, about ready to punch Jordan in the face.

“He didn’t do anything to me and why would you care so much if he did?” I yelled, this time getting up to face Sidney myself.

“I wouldn’t.” he said, still glaring at Jordan.

“Oh, yea because it really seems like you don’t.” I replied sarcastically.

“Whatever Jess.” He said, and went to walk away.

“Where do you think you’re going? We’re not done here Mister!”

“Upstairs to shower.” He simply said.

“Not until after you tell me where you were last night!”

“Doing the same thing you were Hunter, hanging with a friend.” He said, smirking as he made his way up the stairs.

“Oh, I’ve got ya, you mean fucking some puck bunny?” I replied, venom in my voice.

I saw Crosby tense and smirked; I knew I had just won this.

“Don’t you ever say that again!” he yelled, turning around to face me.

“Oh, so I was right.”

“Hey, guys, come on- let’s not fight. There’s nothing to fight about here, we’re all just friends.” Jordan said, trying to break up the argument.

“You have no idea.” I told him, smiling sweetly as Sidney said at the same time, “Stay the hell out of this Staal.”

“Don’t talk to him like that! He’s my friend.” I told Crosby.

“Its fine Jess, I think I’ll just let you two work this out. I’ll see you later today?” Jordan asked me hopefully.

“Of course.” I said as Jordan gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked out the door.

“Oh, so you wouldn’t even think to ask if we had plans today?” Sidney shouted.

“Oh, well excuse me; I wouldn’t think that you would want to hang out with me at all. I thought that maybe you would be too busy having sex with other women.” I told him, stomping up the stairs to stand right in front of Crosby boy.

“I did not have sex with some random woman!” he yelled at me, walking into his room and slamming the door. I let out a frustrated groan, but stormed in after him. I looked at him and realized he had already taken off his shirt and was about to take off his pants. I did notice his muscles, but I ignored them, we were in the middle of an argument and he thought that by just going into his room and closing the door that I wouldn’t follow him.

“Really? Then why won’t you tell me where you were last night?” I asked, keeping my voice calm now.

I heard Sidney sigh and he walked towards me, putting his hands on my shoulders. He looked down at me and I gave him a quizzical look. What was he doing?

“I went out last night after I saw you leave with Jordan and I don’t know, I mean I was upset that you were hanging out with him because we’re supposed to get married,” I was about to interrupt him, “Yes, I know- we don’t get along, but I thought we were going to at least try. So I went out to any place that was open and that’s when I passed a car dealership and realized that you didn’t have a car. So I looked around for awhile, but I didn’t know what kind of car you would like so I walked out. I then came back to the house and saw that Jordan was here and well, I didn’t want to, er, interrupt and went to a hotel.”

I stared up at him in utter disbelief. Had he really gone to look for a car? “You spent that much time looking for a car?” I asked, yea of course that’s what I would ask about. Not him thinking that Jordan and I were having sex, but the car. Although I did find it somewhat sincere that he would do that, even though it was his house and I’m not really that kind of girl. But to think that he would simply shrug it off, well besides the fact of what happened this morning, and let me even though we were supposed to get married soon. But the thing was, we said we would act civilized, we never really said anything about trying to make it work, but I didn’t question him on it.

He laughed, “Yea, I did and I figured that whatever I got you would complain about it.”

“Well, I never thought I’d say this, but that was really sweet of you. Oh, and I would like a Lamborghini.” I winked.

He rolled his eyes, “Sure, we’ll go out right away to get you one. Now, if you don’t mind- I would like to take a shower.”

I decided to play with his mind and gave him a sly smile, “Would you like me to join you?”

The look he gave me was priceless. His head snapped back at me, complete shock and bewilderment written on his face and confusion in his brown eyes. I started to laugh at his reaction and walked out flipping him off.

I only caught a few words of what he mumbled back to me and it only made me laugh more, “I have a feeling you’ll cause my death.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Hope you liked the newest chapter. Sorry it took so long to update. I've been sick lately and I'm failing some classes so I couldn't do anything this weekend really. Although...I did go shopping and buy some awesome sunglasses and an awesome shirt. Haha, I guess you didn't need to know that but oh well(:
Have an awesome day/night/afternoon/whenever it is when you're reading this.
Please comment! I'd like to know what you think of my story.