Status: Just getting started, motorbabies.

Two

Chapter 10 - Kobra Kid

“Are we going to do this now?” Frank asked Gerard, looking at the rest of us. I could tell he was scared, and everybody else could, too. He was shaking.

“Yep…We’re getting in the car and going. Right now.” Gerard looked over at me, worry in his eyes. I knew that this was basically a death wish.

The plan was simple. Get in, get the girl, and get out. Easier said than done, I guess, because Gerard kept looking at me with that whole ‘brotherly look’ that he gave me when he was scared.

“You know, I don’t think it’s a good idea for Revenge and Psycho to come along,” Ray said suddenly, making us all jump. “Like, Psycho has a short fuse, and Revenge just doesn’t seem like enough of a fighter.”

“I am a fighter though!” Revenge said loudly from behind me. I turned around and she honestly looked more hurt than I’d ever seen her be. Usually, comparing her to Psycho of course, she was quite calm and collected, and just seemed to not give a fuck about anything. But the look on her face told me I was wrong.

“I didn’t mean you weren’t a fighter!” Ray quickly defended himself, “I just mean that I think you’d get too caught up in making sure your sister didn’t blow Frank’s head off!”

Revenge stared at him for a few seconds, and then her face scrunched up in obvious confusion, “WHO THE FUCK IS FRANK?”

That’s about the time Ray froze, knowing he fucked up. We were all staring for him, waiting for some sort of cover up but it never came. I looked at Revenge and smiled, “What are you talking about?”

“He just said Frank, and I want to know who this Frank person is!” She already knew, I could see it in her eyes. She just wanted to hear it.
We were saved from having to respond again when Psycho walked in and said, “Are we doing this or not?”

Frank scowled at her and said, “Yes, we are. We as in me, Poison, Kobra, and Jet Star. You and your sister get to stay here with Dr. D.” And both their jaws dropped.

“But, I thought…” Revenge started, but Psycho put her hand up, making Revenge stop talking.

“Whatever, fine, the three of us will stay here and live. You have no idea what you’re getting yourselves into.”

About fifteen or twenty minutes later, Gerard stood up and said a simple, “It’s time.” We all stood and said our goodbyes to Dr. D. and the girls and got in the car. I was sitting in the back seat with Frankie, and Gerard and Ray were up front. I was visibly shaking, because I was scared at the thought that I may never see sunlight again. Frank reached over and squeezed my shoulder, and I could tell he was scared, too. The car was silent, and I really didn’t want it to be, I wanted one of them to talk to me, tell me everything’s okay. And as if reading my mind Gerard turned around and gave me a weak smile.

“We’ll be okay, Mikes. We need to get the girl and Dr. D., Revenge, and Psycho will come and pick us up, and we’ll be fine. I promise.” Gerard looked as though he didn’t believe a word he had just said, but I did, so I guess it was okay.

We got to the headquarters within ten minutes and ran over some Dracs keeping watch. Gerard looked at us. “Guys, we’re going to get out and from then on it’s ray guns up, no looking back. Ready?” We nodded, “Okay then. Let’s go!”

We got out of the car as quickly as possible and walked quickly, Gee probably didn’t feel like running to his death, with our ray guns up, shooting at everything that moved and made it inside, setting off the alarms, of course.

In less than ten seconds of walking we found the girl. They had given her a ball to play with, which was…nice…and Gerard fell to his knees, pulling the girl into a hug. Frank, Ray, and I continued looking around, just in case something bad happened.

After their hug, the five of us stomped down the corridor, knowing that if we didn’t get the girl out soon we probably wouldn’t. I heard a few extra steps and stopped walking, the others stopped when I did and I turned around, drawing my ray gun and pointing it towards the footsteps. It was Korse, the weird looking bald guy, and a group of Dracs.

Ray grabbed the girl’s arm and ran, and Frank followed. Gerard and I stood back to back shooting every way possible, and then at the same time we took off in opposite directions. Gerard was headed towards a Drac, and I was headed for Frank and Ray, like Gerard had told me to do the day before. (“You’re going to stand there and shoot for a while, at everybody but us, and then you’re going to run after Ray and Frank. If anything happens, do NOT come back, okay?”)

I stopped at the door and turned around, shooting at every Drac I could. Then I saw Gerard freeze. He had pulled off a Drac’s mask and had no idea what to do. I watched as the Drac fell to the floor, and then saw Korse shove Gerard against a wall. He put a gun up to Gerard’s throat and I screamed. There was no way I would let Gerard die, not here, not now. I started running towards the man and then he shot. Gerard slid down the wall and onto the floor. Screaming louder than I’d ever screamed in my life I shot frantically at the man, hitting him in the leg, and before I could do any other damage I got hit and blacked out.

I had no idea what was going on around me, but I heard Frank yell “GO, GO, GO!” And then the door opened and closed. They were out, and they were safe. I knew that’s all that mattered. But then I heard the familiar sound of Frankie’s shoes on the tile. If I hadn’t been laying on the floor I would’ve freaked out at him. I heard the sound of a ray gun, and Frankie grunted. And then another ray gun, and a thud, and I knew that was it for our little Frankie.

I don’t know what happened to Ray, or the girl. All I can do is hope that their fate ended better than ours.