Status: Taking a break to get things together again

It's a Good Year for a ***

Chapter 18

“Just go. She’ll be fine, It’s not like I’m gonna kill her.” I say as I lean my head back and close my eyes. Zacky nervously grabs the car keys and leaves, locking the hotel door behind him. I stay seated in the chair and just stare off into space. This was bad. So far not as bad as what went down in Kissimmee, but getting close. It’s a shame because I really like the warehouse. Worked hard on it, now it’s just a pile of ash. I pull out a cigarette and light it, puffing for a few minutes.
“No.” she says suddenly from across the room.
“He’s gone to get your new id and stuff. He’ll be back in awhile.”
“No” she says again. I stand up and walk over to the bed she’s laying on. Her eyes are closed tight and she has a pained expression.
“Anna. Fuck. I mean Lola, are you awake?” I ask as I gently touch her shoulder. She whimpers away from my touch but doesn’t open her eyes. I step back as she starts to fight away whatever she is dreaming about. She throws her hands in front of her and tries to push it off and kicks her legs out. I stand where I am unsure of what to do.
I pull my phone out and dial Johnny’s number.
“Is something wrong?” he answers on the first ring.
“No. Um. I mean. I don’t know. Vengeance went to go get her stuff and she is sleeping, but she’s flipping out. She’s having a tight terror.”
“You sure it’s not just a nightmare?”
“No. She’s freaking out.” I say as I hold the phone up to her.
Her face is twisted in pain as hot tears come from her eyes.
“No. No please.” she begs repeatedly
“Should I wake her up or let her work through it? You‘re he expert here. Tell me what to do.”
“If if gets worse wake her up.” he says and then hangs up. Just as I slide my phone back in my pocket her eyes shoot open and she scrambles off the bed.
“Lola?” I ask. She backs up against the wall, her eyes wide with fear.
“No!” she screams loudly and shakes her head. Her eyes are glazed over as she continues to scream out. Rushing over to her I pull her into a tight hug and hold her.
“Shh. It’s ok. Wake up.” I say softly as I smooth her hair down. She struggles in my arms widely as she sobs.
“No. Please don’t hurt me. I’m sorry.” she cries
“Hey Bell, come on. Wake up. It’s ok, just wake up.”

Just as fast as it started, it was over. She fell limp in my arms and her eyes closed. I don’t’ let her go though, not yet. She looked just like Katherine, it was eerie. Long dark hair, green eyes, small. God, she’s so tiny. Hard to believe next week she’ll be eighteen. I shake her gently to wake her. Her eyes flutter open slowly and she brings a hand up to wipe her eyes.

“What…what happened?”
“Are you ok? You were screaming in your sleep.” I say, still holding her in a tight hug.
“I was? I..I’m sorry Shadows. I’ll be quiet I promise.”
“It’s fine. But, are you ok?”
“Fine now.” she says timidly
“Can you tell me?”
“Tell you what?” she asks with knowing eyes
“Tell me what it was about.” I demand
“I cant fight him off. I’m too weak. He’s just so strong.” she whispers curling up into me more.
“Who is it? Is it Vengeance you’re afraid off? Is it me?”
“No.” she shakes her head. “It’s a monster. He comes in the night when everyone is asleep. He tells me not to make a sound…” she sobs no longer able to tell me
“It’s ok Bell. Just a dream. I’m the only monster here.”
She wipes her eyes again and quiets her crying. I pick her up and set her back on the bed turning on the TV for her to watch. I can feel her staring at me as I light another cigarette.
“Vengeance should be back soon.”
“Ok.” she says as she shakes her head. “Who is…um never mind.”
“ What?”
“I was just wondering, who’s Katherine?”
All the blood rushes from my head and my mouth drops.
“Where did you hear that name?” I demand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well. I got a long letter today from my bf so i was super happy and decided to write another update. Be happy.
Comment.
Tell me a joke?
Bring me some juice?