Sequel: Single
Status: Complete

Prom Queen

Ten. Trust.

Fatima POV

I sighed pulling on a pair of brown uggs, I was back at my house and back to going to school. Wayne came over every night and left early every morning. But lately it seems like he doesn’t trust me, whenever he’s with me, he acts more like my babysitter than my man. And, I guess he was just looking out for me because we still haven’t found out who tried to shoot me. I threw my hair up in a bun and grabbed my cell phone, I was meeting a friend of mine downtown for lunch. I got in my car, turning the heat up and changing the radio. The whole ride there, I couldn’t get Wayne off my mind and how he’s been acting. When you love a man, you give it your all and your willing to do any and everything for him to love you back equally if not more!

“Hey hun!” one of my best friends, Marlana smiled getting out of her car at the same time.

“Hey Lana, how are you?” I smiled as we went inside and got seated. “I’m good, how are you?” I sat and turned my phone off, Lana mirrored my actions. “Girl, I’m..living! Haha, things have been stressful lately.” I admitted.

“Yeah? What’s going on Tima?” she questioned leaning forward to hear me better. “It’s just, this guy..” I shrugged. “Well what about him?”

“It’s just I’m really feeling him. And everything we’ve been thru-“ I trailed off thinking. “I just want him to trust me.” I finished sighing.

“T, I haven’t seen you this torn up about a guy since-“ she stopped mid sentence knowing I knew who she was talking about. “Wayne.” I finished smiling. I’ve known Marlana since high school, she was one of the realest people I know. “That’s because it is Wayne.”

“What! Shut up! When did you two get together?” she yelled surprised. I laughed shushing her. “Uh uh, don’t shush me, this is surprising news! So, what’s the problem?”

“I don’t know, he just doesn’t seem like he trusts me. You know I’d never hurt him!”

“I know! Listen girl, your giving 100%, doing all that you can do and if doesn’t jump on board then that’s his fault and he’s going to lose a great girl! Just talk to him, let him know he can trust you.” she explained.

“God Lane, I love you!” I smiled at her. “Haha love you too girly, now where’s the waiter? I am starving!” We talked some more, laughed, gossiped and ate before I got a text from Wayne saying to meet him and Reginae at the park.

Lil Wayne POV

Fatima smiled walking over to us, “Hey Nae! Hey Wayne.” She hugged Reginae and sat next to me on the bench. “Hey Tima!” Reginae smilled.

“Hey bae.” I greeted pulling her close to me, she stiffened shocked by my affection. Lately I’ve been giving her the cold shoulder, why? I don’t even know, I guess it was just jealousy. She snuggled closer to me, “So why are we at the park?” she asked.

“Nae wanted to see you and we were close by the park anyway.” I explained.

“Tima?” yelled a kids voice, we turned to see this cute little girl behind us. “Hey Selena!” Fatima smiled getting up and hugging her. “Whatcha doing here by yourself baby girl?” Fatima asked.

“Daddy’s yelling at mommy on the phone and told me to go play.” The little girl explained. “Ohh, well I want you to meet some people.” She turned to Reginae and I. “Nae, Wayne this is Selena.”

“Hi!” Nae smiled. “Hey.” I couldn’t help but smile at the little kid. “Tima, are these the people that took you away from us? I miss you tucking me in at night, and daddy misses you too!” Selena asked on the verge of tears. “Awe baby girl-.” And out of nowhere Julian walked over. “There you are Selena! Hey, Tima .” he hugged Fatima too long if you ask me. “Julian, you remember Dwayne don’t you?” Fatima asked.

“Yeah how could I forget, wassup?” Julian glared at me. Damn, why was he glaring so hard? Fatima and him were a high school fling, it’s been years since that. “And this is Wayne’s daughter Reginae.” Reginae waved and snuggled closer to me. “Uhh, so what are you doing here?” Fatima asked awkwardly.

“Selena and I needed to get out for a while. Oh yeah I was going through some stuff the other day and found your shorts.”

“The white ones?” Fatima asked like it was just yesterday. “Yeah, I know those are your favorites so, I’ll bring em by your place later.” He smiled. She nodded. “Well Lena and I better get going, bye Dwayne, Reginae. I’ll see you later Fatima.” He waved leaving.

Fatima shot me a small smile, “What the hell was that Tima?” I asked not smiling back.

“I wanted to tell you sooner but I never got the time….Julian and I never broke up after high school, we we did for a little while anyway, we moved out here and got a place together and then you came back into my life and over time I realized how dysfunctional Julian and I relationship was and I saw how perfect me and you are together.”

“You lied to me.” I snapped, all this time I thought she was the most honest woman on Earth but it turns out she’s a lie just like the rest of them.

“Wayne baby you have to put yourself in my shoes, I-“

“Save it Fatima, me and Reginae have to go.” Fatima watched sadly as we walked away. “Daddy, does this mean I won’t see Tima again?” Reginae asked as I sped to her house. “I don’t know.”

I thought about how perfect she seemed, when really she was with Julian and she had a daughter? Selena didn’t exactly look like her, but she said her and Julian have been together since high school so it had to be hers.

Fatima POV

Sleeping that night was a challenge, I called Wayne 30 times and I even called the house, they said Wayne was in the studio and didn’t feel like talking. The next morning, it was a bigger challenge to get myself out of bed. Once I finally did, I took a shower and decided on wearing a plain pair of jeans, and a grey tank top with a cardigan over oh yeah and my grey uggs. As I opened the fridge my phone rang. Uqh, I didn’t want to talk to anyone unless it was Wayne.

“Hello?” I asked in monotone. “Fatima?”

“Aunty Liz?” I questioned surprised to hear my aunts voice after all these years, I hadn’t seen her since I was 16. “Yeah, it me. Sweetie your parents have been in a car accident.”

“Oh my god! Are they okay?” I yelled my heart dropping. “Honey, they didn’t make it.” She whispered. And remember how I just said my heart dropped? Yeah, well the feeling I was getting now was nothing compared to it. I dropped the phone and fell to my knees. My parents were g-gone?

“HEllloo? Fatima you still here??” I crawled to the phone, “Yeah.”

“The funeral will be on Friday, the family could really use your support out here.”

“O-of course, I’ll fly out there as soon as I can. B-bye.” I hung up and cried. I cried for nearly 2 hours, my mom and my dad were gone forever! I would never go home and see them for Christmas, Thanksgiving, anything! My cell rang, “Hello?” I asked sadly.

“Hey Tima, I was trying to figure out what I was going to wear to the party on Saturday, you’re still going right?” Nicki asked excited. “No.”

“Oh my gosh, Tima what’s wrong? Who died?” she joked. “My parents.” I said with all seriousness. “No fucking way! I am so so soo so so so sorry babe! I didn’t mean to joke like that, are you okay? Wait, your obviously not okay. I’m coming over!” she ranted.

“It’s okay Nick, I just want to be alone. Besides I’m leaving soon.” After I hung up with her I started packing.

The next few days were really depressing, everyone was crying and the house was silent. The funeral was really beautiful and I gave a speech about my parents. Now I was back at home, back to sulking and crying myself to sleep. Marlana and Nicki called everyday to see how I was, sometimes I just didn’t feel like answering. And on top of everything, I was missing Wayne like hell. He called a few times but I let it go straight to voicemail. I knew he was only calling to feel sorry for me and besides I didn’t even have the energy to fight and fuss with him anymore.

Nicki POV

“Thanks for meeting me here.” Wayne smiled at Fatima’s friend Marlana and I. He asked us to meet him downtown so we could talk about Fatima. I was seriously worried about her, she was depressed you could hear it in her voice.

“Have you guys talked to her?” he asked. “She won’t answer my calls half the time but I spoke to her a few days ago.” Marlana replied. “Same here.” I added.

“Damn, I miss her even though she lied about living with Julian and having his baby.” Marlana laughed, “Wayne Fatima never had Julian’s baby. They broke up for a while and he got this other woman pregnant.”

“Are you for real?” she nodded slowly. “Shit.” He groaned putting his face in his hands. I had never seen Wayne so tore up over a chick. “I need to see her, talk to her, something! Can you guys ask her to come here?” he asked hopeful.

“Babe, you going to have to give Tima some time to heal, and work things out with herself.” Marlana explained.

“You don’t fucking understand!” Wayne yelled at her. “Oh uh uh, first of all you need to lower your tone and cut the cussing! I know you’re stressing over Fatima but you don’t need to get loud.” Marlana hissed.

“My bad, you don’t understand, I don’t have time! I am slowly losing my mind not seeing her. I want to help her get through this.” Wayne sighed, heart ache all over his face.

“Fine, we’ll try to talk to her but that’s all we can do. She has a lot on her plate right now Weezy.” I replied.

“Thank you.” the hope returned to his eyes. I hope Fatima would hear us out and talk to him again because they needed each other.