Sequel: Single
Status: Complete

Prom Queen

Eleven. Bitchslapped.

Fatima POV

I sighed curling up on the couch with the box of peppermint Oreos and a glass of hot chocolate. I turned up the TV, Christmas time is usually my favorite time to watch TV because of all the sappy Christmas movies, this year was no different.

*Ding Dong*

I sat my glass down and got up, Nicki and Marlana standing at the door. I opened it, “Hey what are you guys doing here?”

“To see our girl!” Marlana declared pushing the door wider and coming in, Nicki followed.

“Mmm Oreos!” she smiled helping herself to a handful and sitting down.

“How are you hun?” Nicki asked concerned. “I’m fine.” I nodded sitting next to her. “Have you uh talked to Dwayne?” she asked.

“So that’s what this is about? If you’re here on behalf of Wayne, you can leave.” I stated.

“Awe Tima, just hear us out. He’s really sorry and he regrets breaking up with you over something so dumb!” Marlana said with a mouthful of Oreo. I couldn’t help but laugh at the sight. “You guys don’t think it’s a little selfish to come to me talking about how Wayne feels when you don’t even know how I’m feeling?”

Marlana and Nicki looked at me sympathetically, “Oh my gosh hun, I feel terrible! How are you feeling?” Marlana threw her arms around me. I finally broke and just cried on my best friends shoulders. After I was finished crying, we watched the rest of some movie on ABC family and fell asleep.

Lil Wayne POV

“Daddy, why are you sad?” Reginae asked.

“I’m not baby girl.” I lied putting the cookies in the oven. “Dad can I tell you something?” she asked.

“Sure.”

“This would be more fun with Fatima-“

“Hey, I thought you two would’ve been done by now.” Toya smiled walking in the kitchen. I was at her house baking cookies with Reginae.

“ We’re almost finished.” I replied washing my hands.

“Reginae run up to your room and get changed for practice.” Toya dismissed Nae. Once she was up the stairs Toya turned to me.

“What’s wrong Wayne?”

“Nothing, I’m fine.”

“Come on! I’ve known you long enough to know you’re not okay! What’s it about?”

“Just some stuff, it doesn’t matter, I gotta go.”

“Fatima isn’t it? I can’t give you advice about her. Who knows whats going through the prom queens mind? Ha, but I can help you relax and smile!” she laughed nudging me. I fought back a grin, “Fine I guess I can stay a while.”

“Great! I just need to drop Nae off at practice, then how about we go see a movie?” she asked excited.

“Ight.” I smiled back.

Nicki POV
“I’ve been dying to see this!” Marlana exclaimed getting comfy in her seat. I peeked at Fatima who was eating popcorn glumly. We convinced her to at least get out the house and see this new movie. We promised her there would be no talk of Wayne, not even a hint.

“Hey! Cheer up Tima, I know how you like you some Lance Gross (Google Him!! SO sexy! lol)” I teased pointing to the screen. She just forced a small smile.

“He is one fiiiinnnneeee little chocolate droppp!!” Marlana added popping a nacho in her mouth, the cheese dripping. Fatima laughed, “Lana, pig much?” I smiled seeing her happy again.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Fatima choked.

“What?”

“I thought this wasn’t about Wayne, you invited him?” she asked hurt, pointing to him entering the theatre on the opposite end.

“Tima, we swear we didn’t invite him.” Marlana promised sticking her pinky out. “Should I go talk to him?” Fatima asked nervously.

“Yeah, definitely! Go for it!”

She sighed fixing her hair, she stood and got to the end of the aisle when she turned back and sat back down.

“What’s wrong?”

“Look who he’s with.” She stated flatly. We both looked, seeing Toya.

“Hey, maybe it’s take your baby mama to the movies day?” Marlana suggested smiling weakly.

“Can we just go?” Fatima asked.

“Fatima, I paid 9 dollars and 37 cents to get up in here! 9 dollars! Not 8, not 7, not 6, not 5, not 4, not 1! Forget about Wayne, you shouldn’t leave because of him. It’s almost Christmas and you shouldn’t have to spend it at home because you want to avoid seeing him!” Marlana lectured gaining almost everyones attention, including Wayne. His eyes lit up seeing her and before he could make a move Toya grabbed his face pulling him into a kiss.