Sequel: Single
Status: Complete

Prom Queen

Twelve. Forgive and Forgotton?

Fatima POV

“Oh uh uh! That two timing punk! I hope his prostate falls out!” Marlana yelled as we exited the theatre. “Mar, you aren’t making things better.” Nicki stated putting her arm around me.

“Sorry..” Marlana whispered as we walked to the car. We drove silently to my house, “I just want to be alone you guys.” I insisted after they said they were spending the night with me.

“Tima, are you sure?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. So what Wayne doesn’t care about me? It’s not the end of the world.” I forced a fake laugh. After I persuaded them to leave, I showered and went right to sleep, my phone waking me up the next morning.

“Hello?” I groaned sleepily, damn, I had the worst dream that I was at the movies and-

“Fatima? It’s me.” Wayne noted.

“I just woke up and I’m still exhausted and you know what? The weirdest thing happened, I woke up in tears and one rolling down my face, and now I knew I must’ve been dreaming about you again.” I stated before hanging up and wiping the escaped tear. I needed to get over him, damn, who am I kidding? Tell yourself to get over someone you’ve been waiting years for is like telling yourself you aren’t going to breathe. IMPOSSIBLE.

Lil Wayne POV

“Hey, what are you doing in here alone?” Nicki questioned walking in the studio. “I’m not alone. It’s just me and my drink.” I stated holding up my Styrofoam cup. Nicki smiled a little, “Why were you out with her in the first place?”

“I was pissed so she asks if I wanted to go see a movie with her. At the time, I thought that’s what I needed. I admit I was having a good time with her but when she kissed me it was out of line.”

“Yeah, way out of line.” Nicki agreed sitting in the chair in front of the control board. “Run the beat back.” I directed taking a sip of my drink. I wrapped all my emotion up in the music, not leaving anything out. “You need to talk to her.” Nicki concluded staring at me in awe.

“I know it. Since I’ve lost her, I’m lost too.”

“Awe Weezy, she’s lost too but she’s too stubborn to admit it. Isn’t tomorrow night Reginae’s OMG girl performance thing?”

“Yeah, it’s at 7:00.”

“I’ll invite Fatima, she cares about Reginae so she’ll come. I’m not promising she’ll want to talk to you, but I KNOW she will be there.”

“Thanks Nick, I don’t know what I’d do without you.” I smiled weakly.

Fatima POV

My phone rang, scaring me. “Hello?”

“Hi, Tima.”

“Reginae?”

“Yeah..I don’t know if you remember but tomorrow night is my OMG-“

“It’s your showcase! Of course, I remember. Unfortunately, I don’t think I can make it I’m real sorry Nae.”

“Why not?” she whined making me feel bad. “I’m just not feeling too well.” I replied half telling the truth.

“Is it about my dad? Because, he’s not feeling too well either. Maybe, he’ll feel better if he can see you.”

I sighed, shifting the phone to my other ear. “Please Tima, I miss us three hanging out.”

“I don’t know.”

“Alright, well if you change your mind, it’s at 7.”

“Okay Bye Nae.” I hung up feeling bad. I pulled back the covers, getting under and tossing my phone on the nightstand.

-the next day-

I’m tired of sulking around, after class I went to the grocery store and bought some stuff for the house. My phone vibrated, Nicki flashing across the bright LCD screen. “Hey Nick.”

“Hey, whatcha doing hun?”

“Uh just putting away groceries, and cleaning the kitchen.”

“Sounds..boring! Haha, soo what are you doing tonight?” she asked.

“Shit, I dropped the carton of eggs all over the kitchen floor. Let me call you right back.” I hung up, grabbing some paper towels, mopping up the contents of the eggs. After I got everything all cleaned up, I noticed the clock read 6:58. If I was going to Reginae’s showcase it would take a minimum of 30 minutes for me to get dressed, and if I sped 45 to drive there. I made up my mind, as I took the first nice thing I saw out of my closet.

http://www.polyvore.com/prom_queen_set/set?id=25181686
I quickly ran my fingers thru my braided bun I did earlier, letting it fall over my shoulders in wavy curls. “Hmm not to bad.” I smiled to myself grabbing my purse. I got a few miles away from my house when I realized I forgot my phone. Uqh, I don’t have time to go back I thought pulling into a flower shop parking lot. Since I’m going to be late the least I can do is pick up some roses.

Lil Wayne POV

“Where is she?” I whispered to Nicki, she shrugged. “I texted her like 5 times, she didn’t reply.”

The OMG girlz, took the stage gaining my attention. Reginae, waved at me and looked down my aisle. I could tell something was bothering her but the last few minutes of the performance she snapped out of it. After the applause, we walked over to congratulate her.

“Good job baby girl!” I hugged her. “Thanks daddy! Hey, Nicki!”

“Hey hunny! Sorry Tima couldn’t make it she’s going thru some-“

“She’s right there!” Reginae laughed pointing to Fatima approaching us. And damn she looked sexy. “Hey Nae, sorry I’m late. These are for you.” she smiled at my daughter handing her a bouquet of roses.

“Thanks Tima! I’m just glad you’re here now.”

“Yeah, well you were great. Uh, see you later okay?” she asked to Nae before turning away.

“Wait Fatima!” I called after her. She turned to me, her eyes blank. “Can we talk outside real quick? Please?”

“Sure.”

We walked outside away from the crowd. “You look beautiful.” I started. “Thanks.” She blushed looking away.

“Look Tima, I could explain everything to you but I’d rather just tell you that I love you and I don’t think of Toya that way. You’re all I want, you and Reginae are my world.”

“I love you too.” She smiled hugging me. “Damn, I missed you bae.” I moaned kissing her. “I missed you too, let’s head back inside okay?” We walked backed hand in hand, it felt good to have my girl under my arm again. Nicki beamed seeing us, together again.

“Hey you two!”

“Hi Nicki.” Fatima laughed. “So where are you guys going now?” she asked glancing at our hands.

“Daddy, Tima! Can I go with you guys?” Reginae asked walking over. “Yeah.” Fatima smiled at her.

Fatima POV

We sat on my couch playing Just Dance 2 on the Wii, well more like Wayne laughed at Reginae and I play. “Haha, maybe you’re losing because your ass is blocking the sensor.” Wayne teased slapping my ass. I rolled my eyes turning to glare at him before I playfully hit him upside his head.

“Awee shit what was that for?” he groaned rubbing his head. “Cause, you an asshole and shouldn’t be making fun of me!” I pouted sitting on the couch across the room.

“Fine, fine, I’m sorry baby.” He smiled walking over and standing in front of me. I continued to pout, Reginae giggled. “How you going to be mad at me? I wasn’t complaining about your ass, I like your ass….a lot. Damn, I’d probably be all up-“

“Wayne!” I cut him off laughing. “Oops.” He smiled glancing over his shoulder to see if Reginae heard, she didn’t.

“I’m not upset Weez.” I replied wrapping my arms around his waist, my head on his abs.

“Good because, I’m taking you two out for dinner. Then, Nae, your mom wants you home and Tima we got an important meeting!” he declared grabbing his phone off the table.

-Later-

“I thought we had a meeting to go to?” I questioned as we walked in my house after dropping Reginae off. “We do, it’s in your bedroom. We’re going to discuss the removal of your clothes.” He grinned opening my room door, I laughed stepping in.

-Next Morning-

I yawned, looking at the clock 6:00 am. Wayne and I didn’t even go to sleep until 4:30ish. I looked at his sleeping figure, exhaustion all over his face. My cell phone, buzzed on the dresser next to me. I reach over discovering it was Wayne’s phone.

I pushed talk, “Hello?”

“Hi, Fatima?”

“Yeah, who’s this?” “It’s Birdman, can I talk to Weezy?”

“Oh hey, and he’s sleeping right now.” “It’s important.” He replied. “Okay one second.”

I put the phone down and gently shook him. “What?” he mumbled sleepily.

“Telephone.”

“Mhm put it on speaker.” He groaned turning over. I did, resting it on my flat stomach. “What’s up?” he asked into the phone propping himself up with one elbow.

“Meeting today, at 8:30. It’s hella important so don’t be late.” Birdman told him. Wow, he couldn’t have just left the message with me? Wayne confirmed that he was coming and hung up, laying his head on my stomach.

“We got less than 2 hours of sleep, I’m so tired.” I yawned again. “That’s your fault.” Wayne replied. “How?”

“I was waiting for you to finally give up, and go to sleep but it took you forever!” he smiled against my stomach. “Haha, I was waiting for you to finally go to sleep.”

It was quiet a few minutes, I thought he went back to sleep but he started talking again.

“You know what I realized? You don’t love a woman because she’s beautiful but she’s beautiful because you love her. I love youTima, I really do.”

“And you know I love you too but, can we go back to sleep for another hour?” I laughed, “Yeah.” He laughed into my stomach, his new pillow.