Sequel: Single
Status: Complete

Prom Queen

Fourteen. Mommy 1 and Mommy 2.

I opened my door to Marlana, she looked guilty. “I’m sorry!” she gushed hugging me.

“Merry Christmas.” I replied taking her apology and letting her in. She was wrong about me doing a ‘walk of shame’, In fact I had a great time with Wayne and his kids. He was at the mansion packing so he could go visit his mom and I was going with him.

“It was wrong to say those things about Wayne, to your face at least.”

“Yeah…you’re totally wrong about him.”

“Where is he now?” she questioned looking around. “Packing to fly out to New Orleans to visit his mom.”

“Hmm that’s a good place for him.”

“Excuse me? Lana did you come over here to talk about Wayne or to wish me a Merry Christmas?”

“Sorry but I ran into Julian the other day and we started talking. Tima he really misses you!”

“Well, I don’t miss him Lana! I’m tired of this, either stay and help me pack or get out!”

“So it’s me or Wayne right?”

“I can’t believe you’re over here saying this shit right now! You sound like you’re my man or something! What goes on between Wayne and I doesn’t concern you.”

Lil Wayne POV

“You look sexy.” I grinned teasingly at Fatima. “Is it too much?” she asked freaking out.

“Naw shawty it’s perfect. But something is missing, I have just the thing.” I reached in my pocket pulling out the ring. “It’s not an engament ring or nothing but I saw it the other day and it was beautiful like you.”

“Aweee Dwayne that’s sweet, I love it thanks.” Fatima grinned holding her hand out so I could slip it on. “Ready to go? My mom’s meeting us there.”
Her Outfit (http://www.polyvore.com/beauty_is_as_beauty_does/set?id=26204947)

“Yeah.” I nodded nervously. “Tima relax bae, she’ll love you.”

Fatima POV

“Momma this is Fatima, Tima this my mom.” Wayne beamed.

“Nice to meet you!” I smiled. “Ohh don’t act all formal with me! Give me a hug! Besides his kids, your all Wayne ever talks about!” she laughed pulling me in her arms. Wayne smiled bigger, “Man I wish I had a camera.” He noted.

“Oh Wayne! There will be plenlty more moments like these child!” The waiter came and we ordered making pleasant small talk.

“Excuse me, I need to go to the restroom.” I stood pushing in my chair.

Lil Wayne POV

“So spill.” My mom said once Fatima walked away. “Spill what?” I laughed.

“When do you plan on marrying the girl?”

“Ha, I don’t know mama. You think I’m ready to get married?”

“I’m sure you are! I know I’m ready for you to get married and settle down. And I can tell, that girl is the one! She’s classy, intelligent and Dwayne when she looks at you! She has this look, like-like you’re all that matters. And only two women in the world have that look for a man. His mama and his wife!” she stressed putting her hand on top of mine.

“Yeah she’s defiantly the wifey type.” I agreed as she came back to the table. She smiled at me then took a sip of her wine. “So Fatima, where are you’re parents?” my mom asked.

“They uh passed away a few weeks ago.”

“I’m sorry! I hope Wayne was there to comfort you!” my mom gave me a stern look and I felt guilty. “Somewhat.” Fatima smiled weakly before picking at her food.

-Back At The Hotel-

“You aight?” I asked Fatima for the millionth time tonight. She came out of the bathroom tying her robe. “Just fine.” She whispered sitting on the couch, pulling her feet up.

“Come on Tima…”

“I’m just missing my parents.” She whispered a tear escaping. I wiped it away before it could even get half way down her cheek.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there to comfort you, hold you and shit like that ya know?”

“Yeah but you’re here now and that’s all that matters” she pulled me close.

“I love you Fatima.”

“I love you too Wayne.” I hugged her into my chest. “Goodnight.” She yawned as I carried her to the bed.

“Goodnight prom queen, my prom queen.” I whispered kissing her closed eyelids.

-5 months Later-

Fatima POV

“See you later Nae!” I waved dropping her off at practice, Wayne was supposed to do it but he got caught up in the studio.

“See you Tima! Love you!” she called. “Love you too!” I smiled rolling the window up. I turned the radio on when my phone rang. “Hey T.” Marlana greeted.

“Hi, what’s up?”

“Whatcha doing?”

“Just dropping Reginae at practice.”

“Reginae?” “Wayne’s oldest duahgter.”

“Ohh so you’re playing mommy now?”

“Nooo I’m doing what good girlfriends do, Wayne is in the studio.”

“Really now? Because I’m at the Rocket Lounge and your boo is here, popping champagne with a couple groupies.”

I stayed silent, should I be mad? Because he lied? Because he’s with other women?

“Mar, you’re probably mistaking him with someone else.”

“Maybe YOU’RE mistaking him with someone else.” She laughed. “I’m on my way there right now.”

“Great!” Marlana cheered. I sped to the familiar club/lounge and saw Wayne’s car in the parking lot and that’s all the proof I needed. I sighed running a hair through my hair, so while I was taking care of the things he was supposed to do for his daughter he was at a bar? Marlana was right, we don’t have a real relationship, I’m his babysitter! My phone vibrated, a new text.

Hey Tima, Wayne said you’re picking up Lennox tomorrow at 8:00 can you make it earlier than that? I have a shoot to do, please and thank you! Text me back ASAP – Lauren

I rolled my eyes and hit delete, Marlana was right! What was wrong with me for thinking he’d actually marry me? Toya still has his last name, Toya has always been his fall back. In high school when I brushed him off who did he go to? Toya!

My phone vibrated again, this time a text from Julian.

Hey Fati, baby girl has a birthday coming up in a couple days so I was wondering if you could help me pick out the cake, dress, decorations etc..she wants to have a princess slumber party. It would mean a lot to her..and me – Julian

I smiled thinking about “Fati” the nickname he’d given me when we went to Elitches and I’d eaten a funnel cake, two cotton candies, popcorn and a large blue slushie. Of course I threw up, but it was so much fun! Then I smiled thinking about Selena, such a beautiful little girl. But once again, someone was wanting me to play ‘mommy’. What was up with these niggas thinking I was Mommy #2? Was I being selfish?