Sequel: Single
Status: Complete

Prom Queen

Seventeen. Confritation.

Lil Wayne POV

“You miss her don’t you daddy?” Reginae asked randomly.

“Mm naw not really.” I lied smiling down at my daughter, my pride and my joy.

“Well I guess that’s good…I miss her.” She sighed. I put the video game on pause and looked at her sadly, “Then why did you say no baby girl?”

“Well, I didn’t want to share you! Plus, mom still loves you and there will never be a chance for you and mom to get back together if Fatima was in the picture.”

“Ha Nae, if you were waiting for your mom and I to get back together than you’ll be waiting for a long time because Nae I love your mom I really do but I’m IN love with Fatima.”

“I’m so sorry dad do you think I, I mean we could go visit her?” she questioned.

“Uh baby girl Fatima isn’t really talking to me at the time.”

“You mean she won’t even talk to you anymore?” she asked her eyes getting wide.

“Well yeah, she respects your decision but I did a few things to contribute to that so don’t go hard on yourself Nae.”

“I know you miss her.” She stated smirking.

“What makes you think that?” I laughed. “Well I heard aunt Nicki talking to uncle Drake and she said you were.”

“Yeah well I guess Aunt Nicki was right but Reginae you’re the most important thing in my life, Fatima is just a girl.”

“IF she was just a girl you wouldn’t be sad all the time.” She replied. I decided to change the subject, “How about we go get some ice cream?” I suggested.

“Only if we can go to the ice cream shop by the college, they have the best chunky monkey!” she declared. “Deal.”

Fatima POV

“Cheer up!” Malik exclaimed grabbing my hand in his. Malik and I are becoming best friends, suprsingly he’s in my marking and economics class, I never noticed him because the class has 200 people in it. “I’m not sad.” I lied.

“That’s a lie, let’s go get ice cream isn’t it supposed to be like a instant heartbreak remedy?” he asked causing me to laugh. “There’s that smile!” he smiled back pulling me in the direction of the ice cream shop. We walked in the crowded shop and got in line. Once we got to the cashier Malik pulled out his wallet, “I got it.” I insisted handing the cahier a ten dollar bill.

“I got us next time.” Malik commented handing me a napkin for my Cookie Dough/ Rocky Road/ Vanilla/Chocolate Mint Ice Cream. We around to the patio of the shop so we could sit outside and enjoy our ice-cream.

“That looks really nasty.” Malik noted pointing to my ice cream.

“Well your face looks nasty!” I shot back grinning. “Nice comeback Tima when’d you learn that one 2nd grade?”

“Haha probably.” I replied licking my ice cream, I continued to lick my ice cream and get caught up in my thoughts. When I looked up Malik was staring at me. “What?”

“Nothing.” He blushed looking away. “Wanna taste?” I asked holding it out, he shook his head smiling at me.

“So what’s up with you and Lil Wayne?” he questioned. “Nothing, we had a thing before but it’s over.” I answered.

“Good to know.”

“Why?” I wondered. “Because he’s on his way over here right now.” he gestured towards Reginae and Wayne walking over. “Uqh.” I groaned wiping my lips with the napkin.

“Hi Fatima.” Reginae smiled. “Hi Reginae.” I nodded.

“How are you?” she asked, Wayne stood behind her staring at me. “I’m alright you?”

“I’m okay, who’s this?” she pointed to Malik.

“This is Malik, Malik this is Reginae.”

“He’s not your new boyfriend is he?” she asked looking at both of us. “No.” I answered then it got quiet, Reginae elbowed her dad.

“Fatima can we please talk?” Wayne finally asked. “Sorry I’m actually here with Malik and that would be rude to just leave him.” I answered licking my dripping ice cream cone. “Actually Fatima I need to get going.” Malik stated standing.

“Oh um okay I’ll call you tonight alright?”

“Yup.”

Lil Wayne POV

“We miss you Fatima and I’m going to talk to my mom.” Reginae started, Fatima didn’t respond she just looked at me to see if that was true.

“I miss you.” I confirmed. “I miss you guys too but Nae if you’re not comfortable with your dad I being together than I’ll respect that.”

“Okay.” Reginae smiled. “Okay.” Fatima repeated sighing.

“What are you guys waiting for? Kiss already!” Nae exclaimed grinning, I smiled at Fatima asking her with my eyes if that was alright, she nodded. We both leaned across the table until our lips met, man I missed her lips.

“Aww!” Reginae cheered, Fatima pulled away from the kiss smiling widely. “I love you Fatima.” I whispered to her.

“I love you too Dwayne Carter.”

“Now that that’s out of the way can we come to your house? I wanna go swimming with you again!” Reginae asked Fatima. “Of course! Wait, I have to be back in class in like 20 minutes.” She remembered pouting.

“And you have to be at practice in 15 minutes Nae so say bye to Fatima.”

::::::::::::::Later::::::::::::::

“You look nice where are you going?” Nicki asked.

“Fatima’s.”

“Ohh you guys are back together?”

“I think so.”

“Awee well have fun!” Nicki winked. “Haha I will.” I replied leaving, the whole way to Fatima’s house all I could think about was kissing her again and just holding her in my arms. I got to her house and knocked on the door, a few seconds later she opened it.

“Hey.” I smiled. “Hi uh what are you doing here Wayne?”

“I came to see my baby girl why what’s wrong?” I asked.

“Um come in a second.” She directed going into the kitchen, I followed her. “Wayne earlier was just a show, I didn’t want Reginae to think I was jerk. We can’t be together.”

“Why not?”

“I came to the conclusion that I can’t handle your life style.”

“My life style?”

“Yeah.” She nodded. “What the hell is that supposed to mean?” Before I could answer her that Malik dude walked in with a towel around his waist. “Tima where’s the-“ he stopped when he saw me.

“So this is what you’ve been doing?”
“Wayne it’s not what it looks like he came over because I needed to talk. We talked and I accidently spilled my tea all over him so I told him to just shower here.”

“Whatever I guess it don’t matter since you can’t stand my life style.”

“Dwayne Carter you are so stupid! I freaking love you, it’s just your life style isn’t how I picture mine! I picture myself with a guy who’s committed and devoted to me! But look at this!” she yelled pointing to a stack of magazines on the table each had a picture of me with a different chick.

“I’m sick of reading about which model Lil Wayne is partying with, I can’t be another groupie! And I sure can't be mommy # 2!” she exclaimed, I studied her face and saw she was dead serious and on the verge of tears. I walked over wrapping my arms around her, “Fatima you’re not another groupie, you’re a queen! My queen, my prom queen!” I replied.
“Wayne I know you want that girl, that prom queen you met in high school but I’m not her anymore Wayne, this is me! The prom queen is gone.” She whispered.