Sequel: Single
Status: Complete

Prom Queen

Three. You Better,

Fatima POV

Dear Wayne,

I would ask how are you but, I don’t know if that’s an appropriate question to ask, so uh I’ll ask it anyway. How’s everying? I miss you already and it’s weird because you’ve only been back in my life for a week. Reginae misses you, I just got off the phone with her and she says hi. Also, we planned a spa day for Saturday, she’s great your really lucky to have a daughter like that. I can’t help but ask this but why did you wait till senior year to tell me about her? Did you think I would think not like you? Because honestly I always thought you were soo cool but you saw my crowd, and you didn’t exactly fit in with them. And I knew you didn’t want to lol, remember that time in the lunch room where you confessed your love for me thru a rap. Just so you know I thought that was extremely dope! I guess I was just trying to be….prom queen. And if that meant hanging out with the popular crew and acting, dressing, talking like them then that’s what had to do. Anyway, I just want you to know that everything is fine here, I’ll be there to visit you as soon as I can, the judge said a letter would be coming in the mail once the figure out what your visitation privileges should be.

Love, Fatima

Ps. I’m holding you down :)

 

I mailed the letter and walked back into the house, I had already went to fix dinner for Julian and Selena. I loved them both soo much, but sometimes Julian got on my nerves, he was always so negative. Tomorrow I had school and after school I was going to Selena’s school play, she was playing the fairy princess. I smiled thinking about how long it took on her costume and how she cute she looked in it. I laid on the couch and turned on TV flipping thru channels finally settling on MTV.

*****************************

School was actually good for once, I was passing all of my classes and my teachers liked me. Now I was on my way to Selena’s school. I parked and got out seeing Julian by the door.

“Hey babe!” I smiled hugging him.

“Hey I want you to meet someone.” he said turning and for the first I noticed the two older people standing behind him. They looked familiar, “These are my grandparents.” I smiled, “Hi I’m Fatima I think we’ve met before.”

“Ah yes I can’t believe you two are still together, I’m Helen but you can call me Mrs. Foxworth.” she said shooting a glance at Julian.

“Be nice Helen..I’m Tom but you can call me granddad, please ignore my wifes behavior.” the old man smiled at me lovingly. “Nice to meet both of you, so we gonna go in?” They nodded and went ahead.

“Oh no you don’t.” I said pulling Julian back, “What the hell? Why couldn’t you warn me they were coming? And what’s up with your grandma what did I do to get her panties in a bunch?”

“I’ll explain everything late, come on it’s starting.”

Julian POV

I smiled taking a picture of Selena on stage, she was so beautiful. “She looks so pretty!” Fatima exclaimed. I rubbed my face, I know the news is going to break her heart. Selena’s mom, recently contacted me and asked about her. I had a feeling she was going to come looking for her so I called my grandparents and asked them to take her in for a while just until I can go to court with Selena’s mom, Sara. Technically, Sara had full custody of Selena but she was such a crappy mother I just took her from her and at the time she didn’t care so why would she want her back now? The play ended and Selena ran over to us. “Mom, dad did you see me?” she asked jumping up and down.

“She calls her mom? Oh that won’t do.” I heard my grandma speak.

‘Yes I did Lena you did great! You’re the best fairy princess I ever saw in my whole life!” Fatima handed her a bouquet of roses. “Lena do you remember me?” my granddad asked, she looked at him. “Granddad!” she hugged him. “You smell good!” We all laughed he always smelt like cigars and mint even when I was a kid.

“Do you remember me Selena?” my grandma asked, she shook her head. “Nope!” Fatima smiled a little and said, “She’s your grandma.”

“Ohhhh, so can we get ice cream now?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Come here we need to talk now Fatima.” I told her as we walked a few feet from my grandparents.

“Wassup?”

I told her everything that was going on and why my grandparents were here.

“So today’s my last day seeing her?”

“Sorta but you can always visit her they only live a few hours away.”

She sighed and nodded.

Reginae POV

Today was Saturday and I was hanging out with Fatima, my mom walked in my room.

“Call me if you need me okay?”

“Yes mommy, she’s really nice maybe we could have her over for dinner one day?”

She shrugged, “Nae you know I still love your daddy right?” I nodded she always told me she did.

“Well I think she loves your daddy too and so I don’t think we’d get along very well.”

“Why not? You guys would both have something in common.”

My phone vibrated, Fatima was here.

“Mom I gotta go.”

I ran out to the car and she smiled at me, “Hey Reginae how you are?” “Good.” “Ready for a day full of pampering?”

“Yup! All through practice that’s all I could think about.”

“Practice for the OMG girls?” I nodded, “Yeah I talked about you to the other girl’s they wanna meet you!”

She laughed, “Good things I hope.”

“Yeah! So where we going?”

“Do you wanna go shopping first or spa first?”

“Mmm Spa first!”

Fatima POV

Reginae was loving the spa, we were getting ready to leave we had spent 4 hours here and now it was about to be 2:00 pm. “I love your nails.” I noted as we got in my range rover.

“Thanks I hope my mom likes em.”

“I’m sure she will.” I had so many questions I wanted to ask about Toya. How she was doing, how she looked, did she hate me? We were really good friends in school, she wasn’t in my clique or anything but we talked a lot. When we were 15 she stopped coming to school for a while then she came back sophomore year, I never knew why thought but I guess it was so have Reginae because Wayne missed a lot too.

We shopped for 5 hours, trying on anything that looked good. “Can we hang out again?” Reginae asked as we pulled up to her house, “Yeah if you want, let me just check when my next day with you is.”

“Okay, do you want to come in?” I thought about it a minute I didn’t need any baby drama I already had enough with Julian. Speaking of Julian I should go over there later.

“Naw I’m okay maybe next time. Text me okay? If you need anything or just wanna talk.”

 

“Okay see ya Tima!” I waited until she got in the door to drive off. I drove over to Julian’s apartment. I dialed his number as I climbed the stairs. No answer, weird. I unlocked the door and went in, I heard voices in the bedroom. I followed them, they were coming from the balcony. Sara was here and Julian and here were talking. “Heyy..” I drug out.

“Oh if it isn’t miss prom queen! I never knew you two go married” Sara laughed.

“We’re not married.” Julian added, it sorta hurt but I shook it off.

“Oh no? That’s surprising, so anyway did Julian tell you the great news?”

I looked towards him, “What great news?”

“He’s not going to court with me. Selema is all mine!”

“Selena.” I corrected, “What the hell Julian, she doesn’t even know her name and your giving her full custody?”

“That’s right honey! I guess she won’t be calling you mommy anymore and did he forget the other good news?”

I shook my head it couldn’t be worse then this, “I’m moving in!.”

“What the hell!” I yelled looking at Julian.

“Sorry Tima it’s just she doesn’t have anywhere to stay and I don’t want my daughter in danger on the streets.”

I shook my head, he didn’t have any other choice but this was still fucked up. “Bye Julian.”

“Where you going?”

“I’ll call you later on,.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Prom Queen,

It’s ight to ask how I am. I’m okay I guess I got to go outside today. The food is gross, the people are rude, the guards are bitches, and that’s about it. I spent most of the day in my cell writing. I miss you two but it aint weird for me because you were always mine in my mind. Tell Nae I miss her too and keep her head up, time will fly by. I’m glad ya’ll are spending time together it’ll keep her from thinking about me in jail. I don’t know why I waited I figured you knew because I’d see you and Toya talking a couple times. What was up with you two? And you damn right I didn’t wanna fit in that’s not what I aim for. I wanted to be the best and the punks you hung out with weren’t the best. Especially that lame Julian, you two were always on and off. I saw it in your eyes everyday that you weren’t happy, that’s what made me pursue you more. Haha I do remember that day it was a Wednesday and you were wearing that one shirt with the red stars on it with those cute little shorts. I never got why you were wearing shorts in the middle of October by anyway I had spent all night writing that rap, I was hella nervous that day but I did it anyway. I was so fucking happy after that man my momma thought I was high cuz after I rapped up slipped me your number. Damn that was a good day. I knew you were going to be prom queen even if you didn’t hang out with those people. I can’t wait to see you I think it’s better if you don’t bring Nae the first time I want her to get used to the idea that her daddy’s in jail before she actually has to see me in here. I bet it’s hard on her, cuz it’s hella hard on me.

Love, Wayne

PS. You better be