Sequel: Single
Status: Complete

Prom Queen

Five. Say Goodbye.

Fatima POV

The birds chirping noisily outside woke me from my amazing dream, I was dreaming Wayne came over last night, I cooked for him, we ate and talked then the rest of the night was filled with us making love. I faced my reality when I opened my eyes and saw Wayne 6 inches away from me. His arms were wrapped around me loosely as he slept lightly. He must of noticed I was looking at him because his eyes fluttered open slowly.

“Morning shawty.” He smiled taking my breath away.

“Morning.” I croaked, I probably sounded like toad. He chuckled, “Sleep well?”

“Yeah.” I returned the smile, it was hard not to when Wayne showed his icy grin. We laid in silence for a few minutes, Wayne turned on his back and looked up at the ceiling.

“What are you thinking about?” I asked him laying my head on his chest.

“Life.” He replied, I didn’t ask him to elaborate because it was probably way over my head.

“Tima you know I’m feeling you right?”

“Yeah.”

“Can you promise me something?” he asked, “Anything.” I answered truthfully.

“Wait for me.”

“I promise.” I focused on his heartbeat, “Do you feel that?” I asked amazed.

“What?” “Our hearts are going on the same rhythm.” I grabbed his hand and placed it on my chest. I could feel him smile against my hair. I sat up and kissed him, taking him by surprise. He angled his head so his tongue could softly stroke mine. All I could think about it him having to leave in a few minutes. So I kissed deeper praying he couldn’t quit because if he did I might get a glimpse of reality and realize he’s leaving again for two more months. After a few seconds Wayne stopped, he must of tasted the saltiness of my tears.

“What’s wrong shawty?”

“you have to leave again.” Even my answer made him frown, but he nodded. “I know tomorrow is strictly cash money records business but today I’m going over Toya’s to see Reginae.”

“Your going to Toya’s?” I asked, I wasn’t jealous just bummed because she’d get to spend the rest of the day with him.

“Yeah.” I nodded sadly and he got out of bed to go shower and get dressed.

Lil Wayne POV

Fatima’s sad face made me regret getting sent to jail all over again. As I washed in the shower I thought about it a minute, Fatima is boo and Toya’s just gonna have to face that. I don’t want to start no shit or nothing but Fatima should be able to come see my daughter with me. I dried off and got dressed, when I walked back in the room Fatima was still in the same spot except this time she looked a lil happier.

“Tima.” I called her nickname.

“Yeah?”

“You gonna get dressed?” “Why?”

“To come see Reginae with me.”

“are you serious? I don’t think Toya wants me in her house after all that’s happened.”

“It don’t matter, if gone be holding me down she gotta see that. And Reginae loves you.” Her dimpled danced on her cheeks as she smiled. She got dressed and drove over to Toya’s house. The million dollar mansion, I paid for.

*ding dong* The door was thrown open by my princess, Reginae.

“Daddy!” she screamed hugging me.

“Fatima!” she hugged her next, I smiled seeing my two favorite girls hugging and looked up and saw Toya standing behind Reginae, arms crossed and a scowl on her lips.

“Hey Toya.”

“Hi Dwayne.” She ignored Fatima. “Hi Toya.” Fatima said politely.

“Hi Fatima, I didn’t know you were coming, I didn’t cook enough breakfast for you. But if you still eat like you did in high school then you won’t be eating much or at all.” She smirked.

Fatima rolled her eyes, Toya knew she had a problem with anorexia in high school. Being stick thin was another change she need to be in order to win prom queen. But now her body was bangin! She had all the right curves.

“Don’t worry about me hun, I had a very very big dinner.” Fatima smirked tossing me smile.

Fatima POV

Reginae wanted to show her dad, the videos of her and the OMG girlz and her new clothes, we bought. So I stayed in the kitchen with Toya, to give Reginae some alone time with wayne.

“Soo having fun with my sloopy seconds?” she smiled.

“Sloppy? Seconds, maybe. But Toya I’m not here to fight with you, I’ve changed a lot since high school, and I think it’s time we squash that mess.” I said flipping my hair over my shoulder.

“Why are you fronting Fatima? You still act like the same prissy like prom queen that you were. Still living off your parents?”

“I’m going to school so to answer your question, yes my parents pay for my house and all my bills but not for long. And you can’t say shit about it because you’re up in here living of Wayne’s money and don’t try to deny it because I’ve been paying his bills for him every month. Nice little beamer you got.”

Toya didn’t know how to reply, “I’m saying we put all that high school drama beyond us. None of it matters now.”

“It does matter because, Reginae is here. Your biggest achievement was winning prom queen and mine was having Reginae and falling in love with Dwayne Carter.”

Reginae POV

I missed my daddy so much I was glad I got to see him, “So you liking Fatima? She doing you right?”

“Yes daddy! She is so cool and so much fun, She picks out cute clothes too. I told mommy, her and Fatima would be perfect friends but mom don’t think so.” I stated.

“I’m glad you like her.” He ignored my other statement. “Dad, are you Fatima gonna get together?”

“What do you mean together?”

“Like mom and you were.”

“I’m defiantly feeling her, but I won’t ‘get together’ with her if you don’t want me to.” He smiled.

“Are you and my mom gonna ever get back together?” I asked, “Honestly baby girl, probably not. I love your mom, I really do but we’ve already been thru that.”

“She loves you too.” I smiled at him, “I love you more tho Nae, so whatever you decide is aight with me, if you think it’s okay that I ‘get together’ with Fatima or just stay friends with her. You’ll always be my favorite shawty.” I laughed, “You’re the best dad in the whole world!” I hugged him. Just as I finished hugging him Fatima and my mom walked in.