Sequel: Single
Status: Complete

Prom Queen

Six. Break Your Heart.

Fatima POV

“I don’t know what else ya’ll got going on between ya’ll but you need to fix it, soon. Toya, you know I love you and whatever you need I got you but Tima is part of my life and you’re going to have to face that. So talk, fight, cry whatever it takes.” Dwayne said mad, he took Reginae’s hand and they left the room.

“Now you’ve got him too.” Toya laughed bitterly. “What?”

“You have everything! Your life has always been perfect. You got the cutest guys, newest clothes. You’ve probably never been hurt in your life. And look at me, trying to win the heart of my baby’s daddy. Pathetic right?”

“Toya you don’t remember that night at all do you?” I stood and paced the room debating in wether or not I should tell her. “What night?”

“Remember the night, you convinced me to come to that party with you?”

“Yeah, that was the night Wayne and I had sex.” She smiled to herself. “Yeah well that was also the night, I-I was raped.”

“Oh please! You don’t need to make up some little story to make yourself seem more hood, or whatever you’re trying to achieve.” I shook my head why would I lie about something like that?

“You were dancing with Wayne and I screamed, I screamed for you and I screamed for help! T-t-they took me in the bathroom and locked the door. They told me i-if I screamed th-they would make it worse. I-I woke up the next morning and was alone. My clothes were bloody and on the floor. When I finally got decent I left, I t-tried calling you. Your mom said you didn’t come home that night. I went home and cried, I cried soo much and I knew-“

“Just shut up! You weren’t raped, but you’re a great actress, I’ll give you that.” Toya interrupted.

“Abortion. I got an abortion, after I told my dad what happened he forced me to have an abortion! That’s what changed me, ever since my abortion I had a goal, and that was become prom queen. To make everyone love me so they wouldn’t see the real me. The me who was hurting inside but putting on this happy façade.” I looked at Toya as this all registered in her mind.

“We would have babies born at the same time.” She concluded, I nodded sadly. She surprised me by doing something I would’ve never thought she was do. She stood and hugged me, tightly. Our tears streaming down our cheeks and onto each other’s backs. “I’m sorry!” she exclaimed. I laughed, “It’s fine, can we just put this all behind us?”

“Of course, soo friends?”

“Friends.” I nodded.

Lil Wayne POV

Today I go back, last night was real chill. We had a kickback at Fatima’s house, everybody was there. Even Toya came which shocked me but I was happy Fatima and her were friends now.

“Bye, I’ll miss you.” Reginae hugged me.

“I’ll miss you too baby girl but I’m coming home for good soon. And Fatima will bring you to see me.” Fatima nodded in agreement. “And think about what I said.”

“Okay, I love you daddy.” She kissed me then got in the car with Toya. Fatima was the last to say bye to me. “I’ll see you next week okay?” she avoided my eyes.

“Aye look at me.” She looked at me and smiled, “Now you give me a proper good bye.”

“haha bye wayne, I’ll see you next week. I love you.” she laughed. “Now that’s better but I think two things are missing.” She looked at me puzzled then kissed me. “one more thang.”

“Oh! I’m holding you down baby.” She bit her lip.
“That’s what I like to here.” We kissed one more time before I had to go back.

Reginae POV

I just home from hanging out with Fatima, I spent the night and we had so much fun. She was amazing, and the way she talked about my daddy made me see how much adored him. That’s what confused me. My dad told me it was alright if I didn’t want him to get with Fatima, he deserved her but my mom loved him too. My mom walked in my room with a photo album in her arm.

“Hey Nae.” She kissed my cheek.

“Hey mommy, what’s up?”

“Just found these pictures of my childhood.” She handed me the book and we sat and laughed at all the different outfits and hair styles. Then I came across a picture of her and my dad.

“wow you look so pretty.” I gasped. “Yeah, I was glowing wasn’t i?”

“Yup!”

“Your daddy did that to me, he made me so happy. He was so funny, handsome, caring.” She dragged on. I thought about her love for my dad vs Fatima’s love for my dad.

“You know Nae, when your dad gets out don’t expect Fatima to hang around still.”

“What do you mean?” I questioned, Fatima told me she’d always be there for me.

“She had a life to live Nae, I just want to warn you so you’re not surprised.”

Fatima POV

I ‘m in love with Dwayne Carter.

I came to that conclusion as I re-read his last letter. I decided that if I was going to love Wayne I needed to cut off my ‘relationship’ with Julian first. I knocked on his door and within seconds it was thrown open. Julian looked tired. “Hey J, can we talk?” I asked.

“Yeah you caught me at a good time, everyone’s gone.”

“Oh this will only take a minute, Julian, I think this thing we had going is over.”

“What?” he asked mad, “Fatima I know we’re going through some hard times right now but we were meant to be girl. We’re perfect for each other, you’re the prom queen and I’m the quarterback.”

“No, that’s where you’re wrong Julian I’m not the prom queen anymore. I’m a college student, a love, a fighter, a procrastinator, and most importantly I’m someone who deservs more. And you? You’re just a broke ass nigga who needs to grow up and provide for your family. We’re not in high school anymore, this is the real world and I need a real man. So bye.” I turned to leave but he grabbed my arm, “It’s about Dwayne isn’t it?”

“What? This is about me.”

“It’s always been about him, I saw the way you would search a crowd for him. You’re in love with him.”

“You’re right Julian I am in love with him.”