Sequel: Single
Status: Complete

Prom Queen

Seven. Shot.

Fatima POV

Dear Fatima,
One more month, and I’ll be home! I can’t wait to get home and see you, hold you, kiss you….Aight, imma stop here because I could name millions of things I want to do to you..Haha you know I’m nasty, how are you? How’s Reginae? Would it be okay to ask how Toya is? Anyway, today someone asked me why I want to get out, and what I’d do first when I got out. And you know what I said? I said I want to get out so I can be a better man for my family, for my fans and for my girl. I just thought I’d tell you that, anyway did you start Christmas shopping for Reginae? I know I’ll get out and still have time but you should start so I have more free time. To be with you and Reginae. Aight, so I’m about to go so I’ll have to end it right here. Love you Tima.

Love, Wayne

Ps. One more month!

I folded the letter and tucked it back into it’s envelope. I was sitting in world civilizations bored out of my mind. I was looking forward to picking up Reginae after class and having a much needed girls night. It was weird but I actually looked forward to spending time with her and taking her out. I wish there was I had someone to spend time with me when I was younger. My mom and dad worked all the time so many days it was just me by myself. After class I pulled up to Reginae’s school.

“Hey Fatima!” she smiled climbing in and throwing her backpack in the backseat. “Hey Nae, how was school?”

“It was good, yesterday Birdman gave me a CD to give to you, can we listen to it?” she asked excited, I nodded just as excited, he promised he would send me a CD with the songs Wayne recorded when he was out.

I drove smiling, Wayne’s voice coming thru my car stereo was enough for me..

Oh yes I love her like...Egyptian
Want a description? her body's sickenin
I can be her prescription, I can be her physician
Sexual healing, I can be her religion
And now she’s kneeling, praying to the ceiling
I bless her as if she sneezed
Must be the weather, I dress her, I am her sleeves
I am her feathers, she's fly,
Flyer than you, flyer than me,
I love her, she loves me too
I love her three..times more than her mom
Time will tell that im the nigga
That she should, we should
Be wherever she wanna be
Be on her late night, mid day, AM
Just say when and I know I be with cavemen
But never..mind them
She's poison and I am Michael Bivins
See I know y'all dont hear me
But she does, we does
What grown folk do when they had too much to drink
And I think, we done had to much too drink and..

Reginae POV

“You want anything out of the gas station?” Fatima asked me thru the window as she pumped gas into her car. Fatima was like a sister to me, which why I decided I don’t want daddy to get together with her. Fatima was outgoing, crazy, smart, unpredictable which is why she wasn’t good for my dad. He needed someone like my mom, calm, smart, predictable, reliable, caring.

“I’ll be right back, I’m going to go pay for this.” She added. I watched her walk, taking notice of how she smiled warmly at everyone who passed. Then I noticed something weird, a tiny red dot was moving on her back, I looked around wondering where it was coming from. Before I could find the source Fatima was falling on the ground.

Lil Wayne POV

“Phone call for Dwayne Carter!” yelled the guard, I stood waiting for him to open the door, once he did I walked to the phone knowing it would be Fatima. I hadn’t heard from her in a couple days and she didn’t reply to my message.

“Hello?”

“Hey.” Greeted Toya, surprising me.
W: Hey Toy, how are you?
T: I’m good, how are you?
W: I’m holding up, where’s Nae Nae?
T: She hasn’t come out of her room since it happened
W: Since, what happened?
T: Baby, Drake and them didn’t tell you?
W: Tell me what?
T: Fatima got hurt
W: What the fuck you mean she got hurt?
T: Baby, somebody shot her the other day…

I held the phone, thinking this is a joke right? Who would or why would anyone want to shoot Fatima?

“Wayne?” Toya asked.

“I’m here.”

“Anyway, I was hoping you could talk to Reginae, she was in the car the day it happened.”

“let me talk to her.” I heard shuffling then Reginae’s voice greeted me. “Daddy, is Fatima gonna be okay?”

“I don’t know, I didn’t even know this happened but Fatima is a fighter.” I talked to her for a few minutes but the more she told me about that day the more angry I got. Not at Reginae though, angry that someone would hurt my shawty. So I numbed my pain the only way I could in here, music.

“Get back in your cells!” the guard yelled, I hurried and hid the head phones and ipod charger so I could take it back to the cell.

“What do we have here?” a voice yelled behind me. “Shit.” I cursed as the guard proceeded to search me.

Fatima POV

“How are you feeling Fatima?” asked the doctor as I opened my eyes, I looked to my right, an IV bag dripping a clear liquid, I looked to the left and saw the door.

“Where am I?”

“You’re in the hospital, you’re really lucky to be alive.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You were shot, luckily the bullet missed any important organs.” The doctor held up an x ray, I guess really was shot. Then it started to come back to me, Reginae was in the car!

“Where’s Reginae?”

“I’m not sure who that is, but no one else got hurt.”

“How long have I been in here?”

“4 days, you have some visitors sweet heart.” She left the room and all of young money walked in. “How you feeling baby girl?” Drake questioned as they gathered around me.

“Good, what are you guys doing here?”

“Shawty you’re apart of the family now and we look out for each other.” Birdman answered.

“Thanks…hey, you guys talk to Dwayne?”

“We tried to talk to him today but he’s in solitary confinement.” Tyga replied.

“Why? What did he do?”

“He tried to bring an ipod or something into his cell, Wayne’s a fighter he’ll keep his head up.” Nicki assured me.

“w-w-who shot me?” I asked overwhelmed.

“We’re not sure but it could be someone trying to get back at Wayne or just young money period, but don’t worry we’re going to find out and they’re going to regret hurting you.”

“Don’t worry no one is ever going to hurt you again, it’s probably best if you stay with us and lay low for a bit though.” I nodded tears in my eyes, I almost got my life taken away. “The doctor said you could leave now, Shanell and I brought you some clothes and stuff, do you need help getting dressed?”

“No, I’ll be fine.” I looked at my bandaged abdominal.

-few days later-

“Uqqqqhhhhh this fucking sucks!” I complained pacing the room.

“What’s wrong Tima?” Tyga asked walking into the room, “I’m tired of staying in here! Baby won’t let me go anywhere! I can’t go to the store, I can’t go to my house!”

“What do you need from the store, I can get it for you and I can run by your house.”

“See! I’m very capable of doing these things, hell, whoever shot me is probably laying low too so I shouldn’t hide anymore.”

“Weezy would have a fit if he knew you went out, we can’t let nothing happen to you.” Drake added putting his arm around me.

“I miss him.”

“We all do, it’ll just be a few more days till he gets home though.”

“Seriously? Birdman has to let me out! There’s so much I need to do! So much I need to buy before Wayne gets home!”

“Like what?” Tyga asked.

“Don’t worry Tima, I got you, I’ll get you everything you need!” Nicki smiled excitedly. I nodded trusting that she would help me out.

Lil Wayne POV

23 hours of the day, every day now is spent in a cell that was no bigger than a small coat closet. I could 4 steps around the whole thing. I was missing Reginae, the crew and Fatima. It was killing me not knowing how Fatima was, if she was even alive. Luckily, today is the day I get out of this piece of shit.

“Dwayne Carter.” The guard called opening the door and leading me the front, things couldn’t get more slower! I had to change, sign some papers, collect my stuff and then I had to sit while they checked in whoever was picking me up. Finally, Birdman came into view.

My 5 senses came alive as I took my first step outside, the whole crew waiting for me. One by one they hugged me.

“Aye look like you got stronger.” Nicki laughed squeezing my arm. “haha you don’t even know.” We all got in the limo.

“I ain’t never going back there.” I promised as we drove away.

“You betta not.” Drake smiled. “I can’t let ya’ll, Reginae, my moms, and especially not Fatima down like that.”

“Speaking of Nae and Tima, we’re going to pick her up right now and Tima’s at the house.”

“What happened? Toya told me she got shot and it shook Reginae up real bad then I couldn’t call ya’ll cuz that’s when I got solitary.”

“Some nigga shot her while she was going to pay for gas, Reginae was in the car waiting for her. She noticed the laser on Tima’s back but she couldn’t see where it was coming from. The bullet barely missed her heart, she’s strong though. She’s been missing you like hell I know that much.” I smiled, I was missing her like hell too.

“you plan on keeping this one around right?” Tyga asked.

“Hell yeah!”

“Good because now she’s in too deep to back out.” Baby finished. I was selfish because I knew the minute she agreed to hold me, I was putting her in danger. So many people wanted to take my life and now that Fatima’s part of my life they’d want to take her from me too. But that’s not happening and I know this is only the beginning. We picked up Reginae, it was good to have my baby girl in my arms again and right away she asked about Fatima

Fatima POV

“Fatima!” Reginae smiled hugging me. “Hey Nae, it’s good to see you again sunshine!”

“Tima?” asked a voice, I turned to see the most sexiest man on the planet, Wayne Carter.

“Baby!” he grinned pulling me into him. “Ow.” I groaned. “What’s wrong?” he asked concerned.

“You’re pushing my wound, but it’s all good. I love you that much!” he laughed letting his arms drop, The tears in his eyes mirroring mine, I’ve never seen Wayne cry in my entire life and I wasn’t about to let him now.

“Baby don’t cry, I’m here. You’re here! Everyone’s here for you.” I kissed his jaw line, his arms moved back to their previous place. “What did I do, for god to bless me with such a perfect woman?” I smiled, and a chorus of awws broke out.

“Haha didn’t think I’d see the day that Wayne would go all soft.” Nicki joked.

“Oh, I’m defiantly hard.” He smiled pulling me closer, so I could feel his growing member. I blushed, I guess going a few months without any physical contact from a female did that to him. Haha, I wasn’t complaining. We just stared at each other with these silly love struck faces. Slowly, everyone started to exit the room until it was just me and Wayne.

“Can I see it? He asked.

“See what?”

“Where it hit you, your wound.” I didn’t even question him, after a while you know not to question Wayne’s actions because he has a meaning behind everyone whether it be bad or good. I nodded and closed the door then I pulled my shirt over my head