‹ Prequel: Issues
Status: Sequel!

Gorgeous Nightmare

The Letter Part 2

Max’s POV

I rushed in as soon as Robert left. All I could hear was Lily’s sobbing and screaming, it sounded like she was being tortured to death and it hurt just to hear.

Craig looked at me with a mix of concern and confusion. I just ran to Lily and kneeled down beside her, quickly I pulled her into me but I don’t even think she noticed. She seemed absolutely dead to the world around her.

“What’s going on man?” Craig finally spoke and I just shrugged.

“Robert read some letter from the adoption agency and started freaking out.” Craig looked at the counter and picked up the wrinkled piece of paper.

“This letter?” I nodded.

“What does it say?” I asked still holding onto Lily whose screams stopped but sobbing was still loud.

Craig looked at it for a moment and started to read it out loud.

“Dear, Mr. Ortiz,” He started. “We ran a background check on you and you came up clean however.” That’s where our problem lies. “The check we did on Ms. Winters.” Winters? Lily cried harder at the sound of the name and Craig paused giving her a sympathetic glance. “It brought up one thing that might prevent her from being adopted…” Craig trailed off but I could tell by his eye movements that he continued to read.

His mouth soon hung open in shock.

“What is it?”

“Lily has a dad, he’s not dead and he’s coming soon to tell Robert if he can or can’t adopt her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah it was her dad, i got some interestign guesses though :P
Comment and Subscribe.
-Neche