Sequel: I'm Not Insane
Status: COMPLETE :O

Nightmare

When Matt Sanders is brought to a psychiatric hospital, he's not sure what to think - besides the fact that he does not belong there. To make things worse, he shares a room with, in his words, "a complete fucking nutcase".

But as time passes, it soon becomes apparent that that whole place - from the patients, to the doctors, to Matt's roommate - is not at all what it seems.

All in all, it's a fucking nightmare, and he needs to get the hell out.

Dragged you down below, down to the devil’s show
To be his guest forever
Hate to twist your mind, but God ain’t on your side
An old acquaintance severed

Flesh is burning, you can smell it in the air
'Cause men like you have such an easy soul to steal
So stand in line while they ink numbers in your head
You’re now a slave until the end of time here
Nothing stops the madness turning, haunting, yearning, pull the trigger

Can’t wake up in sweat, 'cause it ain’t over yet
Still dancin' with your demons
Beyond the will to fight, where all that’s wrong is right
Where hate don’t need a reason

You’ve been lied to just to rape you of your sight
And now they have the nerve to tell you how to feel
So sedated as they medicate your brain
And while you slowly go insane they tell ya
"Given with the best intentions,
Help you with your complications"

You should have known the price of evil
And it hurts to know that you belong here
No one to call, everybody to fear
Your tragic fate is looking so clear
It’s your fuckin’ nightmare


***


Disclaimer: I do not own Avenged Sevenfold or any of its members. The story title, as well as chapter titles, belong to them as well.

Now an entry in this awesome contest, as well as this one.

WORD COUNT: 20,120

The awesome banner was made by the equally awesome ellievengeance. <3

Basically this entire story came from this video clip. Obviously, some things will no longer match up with the full-version Nightmare video, but hey, it's creative license. My very best friend helped develop the storyline, so some credit goes to her, but actually putting it to words is all my doing.

Finally, there will be some subject matter later on (regarding Jimmy) that may be a little bit touchy, I would like to say now in no way am I trying to be disrespectful. I love him very much, along with all of the guys. foREVer <3

Image Image Image Image
  1. Prologue - Nightmare
    So sedated as they medicate your brain and while you slowly go insane they tell you, "Given with the best intentions, help you with your complications."
  2. Welcome To The Family
    I try and help you with the things that can't be justified, I need to warn you that there is no way to rationalize. So have you figured it out now?...You can't win this fight.
  3. Danger Line
    I never put my faith in up above, but now I'm hoping someone's there.
  4. Buried Alive
    While it seems sick, sober up quick; Psycho lunatic crushing you with hands of fate. Shame to find out when it's too late, but you're all the same: trapped inside, inferno awaits.
  5. Natural Born Killer
    You can rest assured I'll give you my best side, seems we all have friends to find. So this is the hate I've been born to, full of the tales of the untrue.
  6. So Far Away
    How do I live without the ones I love? Time still turns the pages of the book it's burned. Place and time always on my mind, I have so much to say but you're so far away.
  7. God Hates Us
    You'll find out sooner that it's best if we just know our place.
  8. Victim
    When all's gone and can't be regained, we can't seem to shelter the pain inside. We're all just victims of a crime.
  9. Tonight The World Dies
    So try and love me while you can, and take the time to understand, as long as I can touch your face you know I'll never leave this place, if only in my mind.
  10. Fiction
    All this hurt can finally fade, promise me you'll never feel afraid.
  11. Save Me (Part One)
    I'm trapped in a vile world, where the ending's all the same as every other, we're only here to die.
  12. Save Me (Part Two)
    I can hear the voices begging you to stay, but know you're not alone...tonight we all die young.
  13. Epilogue - Lost It All
    You taught me how to feel, it's no wonder I'd do anything. Tell me, why'd you have to go? With the worst to come, lost the best I know.
  14. Alternate Ending - 4 AM
    In many ways I guess I'll never let you go, I'm close behind but I've got room here left to grow. Until our second chance, just enjoy the dance, and find out who we are.