Status: First story... Hope you like it!

Something to Hold Onto

Leave

I woke up in the morning to a loud bang. I jumped up and looked around. I was in a room, the walls were a light brown and the sun was shining through a window facing me. I looked down and saw Jared on the floor. Suddenly i remembered coming here after everything happened with Jeff. I must have fallen asleep last night i thought. Just then the door swung open and a boy, a little younger than me, was standing there. Jared sat up and looked at him.
"Seriously bro, you couldnt wait for the weekend?" The little boy asked smiling.
"Do you need something, Rye?" Jared asked rubbing his eyes.
"Yeah, a ride to school would be nice. Oh and mom is walking this way, so you better hide her, or have a really good excuse." Rye stood with a smirk on his face. Jared looked at me then looked around.
"Do you mind chillin under the bed for a sec?" He asked with a frown on his face.
"Um.. sure." I said sliding off the bed then under. Just then i saw a pair of heels in the doorway.
"Jared! You have to start getting up earlier, your brother needs a ride to school." She said in a sharp voice. "Wait, why are you on the floor?" She asked confused. "Did you have a girl over last night?" Now her voice was covered in disaproval.
"What? No, of course not mom." Jared said. He was the worst liar ever. Suddenly i saw those heels moving towards me, then a sparkly face popped up in front of me. I did my best to smile at her while my face burned red.
"Hey there, you know you can get out from under the bed now" She said and stood back up as i worked my way out from underneath the bed. Once out everyone just looked at me, i focased my eyes on the green shaggy carpet. Jared's mom began to say something but Jared cut her off.
"We didnt do anything mom" He said sounding very annoyed.
"Oh, yeah, im sure. You just had a girl stay the night as a friend" She said sarcasticly. Then she turned and walked out, calling a quick "Bye" behind her. Rye just stood there looking at us with a huge smirk on his face.
"I won" He said suddenly.
"What? No! We didnt even do anything!" Jared said jumping up.
"You say that everytime Jared! I won the bet!" Rye laughed and ran out. After a minute Jared turned around and looked at me.
"Sorry about all that" He said grabbing my hand and helping me up. "Hows your bruise feeling today?" He asked turning my head to look.
"Its fine." I said turning it back away.
"Im sure my mom has some make up if you want to try to cover it up." He said softly. I didnt say anything and looked away. He had already helped way too much. Just then my phone rang. I looked down, surprised to see Jake's name on the screen.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Where are you at?" Jake asked, sounding annoyed. I looked around, then decided to lie.
"Im um.. at my house." I said feeling Jared's eyes watching me.
"No you not. Where are you at, Elle?"
"Why do you need to know so bad?" I asked getting frusterated. One thing i hated was people being in my business.
"Because im taking you to school. Im at your house right now waiting."
"I will be there in a sec." I said pushing the "End" button and sliding my phone back in my pocket.
"I gotta go, thank you so much, and sorry i made you lose your bet." I said to Jared. I climbed out the window before he could protest and landed softly on the grass. I saw Jake's truck and hurried towards it. I opened the door and the familiar smell of him hit me. I slid in not saying anything.
"I thought that new Jared kid lives there now?" He asked confused. He knew that i went there, but he didnt know why.
"He does." I said simply looking out the window.
"Did you stay the night with him?" He asked something strange in his voice. I turned toward him, careful of keeping my bruise out of sight.
"Yes." I answered. He just looked at me for a minute and we rode in silence.
"I wish you wouldnt do that." He said a while later not looking at me.
"Jake, you have a girlfriend you cant really care." I said sighing.
"I know.. but i still do." He said quietly.
"I guess thats your problem then." I said back. He didnt say anything for another few minutes.
"I just worry about you Elle." He said finally looking at me. I turned to him, then remebered too late.
"Did he hit you?" He asked his voice raising.
"No, its nothing." I said turning away quickly.
"Elle, dont lie to me! If he hurt you i sware I-"
"He didnt hit me Jake. Stop okay? Just stop acting like you care when even if he had hit me you know you wouldnt do anything. So just quit, please." I said anger in my voice. I was getting near tears.
"Elle.. I really do care, im not just saying that." He looked over at me, then suddenly stopped the car on the side of the road. I just sat staring out my window.
"Elle.." He said moving closer. I felt his hand close around mine and when i looked up, our faces were just inches apart. I pulled back.
"No, stop Jake. Im not your second girl." I said leaning back up against the door.
"Your not my second girl Elle, I sware. I would leave her for you" He said leaning forward again, but i pushed him back
"Then do it, Jake." He froze and looked at me.
"Well.." He said looking away. I opened my door and stepped out into the cold rain.
"Elle, stop. You cant walk in the rain, it cold." He said moving the car along with my walk.
"Its way warmer out here than it is in there with you." I said, watching the hurt flash across his face. I looked away and heard the noice of his truck driving farther and farther away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please!