Status: First story... Hope you like it!

Something to Hold Onto

Bad

We drove around town for a while, listening to country music on the radio and the rain pelting down on the truck. When we finally turned down the road to our houses I was kind of dozing off.
"Hey, Elle." Jared said nudging my shoulder lightly. I sat up staight and saw my house right in front of the car. I just sat there looking at it for a few seconds. It wasnt my definition of home at all. The drive ways neatly edged, flower beds weeded, hedges all trimmed. Even the inside was perfect. everything matched nicely and the rooms flowed together and everything was perfectly clear. I put my hand on the door handle to get out and took a deep breath but then just turned back around.
"Can we just go to your house?" I asked him. He must have seen something on my face because he didnt ask questions. When we walked into his house i realized how funny it was that I had seen his room but nothing else in his house. The first thing i noticed when i walked throught the door was how good it smelt. Like spices and apples and something fresh and clean mixed in with it. He didnt have anything fancy in his house, a worn out couch and small tv. A big lion blanket hung from the ceiling and down one wall. Even though nothing was fancy or anything, everything was still very clean and taken care of. I followed him down a narrow hallway to his room and sat down on his bed as i watched him rummage through his dressers and closet.
"These are the only things I have that wont swallow you." He said tossing me some sweats and a football t-shirt.
"Thanks." I said standing up.
"The bathroom is on the right." He told me as I started out the door. I walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I changed into his clothes. They were warm and comfy and felt great after sitting in wet clothes all morning. I glanced up at myself in the mirror and cringed at my reflection. I had bags under my eyes and my hair was all wet. There was a big bruise on my cheek under my eye and I looked like I might start crying at any second. I felt like I might start crying at any second. I bent down and wadded up my wet clothes and walked out before I started throwing myself a little pity party. When I walked back in Jareds room I saw him laying on the bed watching some show from a small tv in the corner of the room. I tossed my wet clothes in the corner and went and sat down next to him. His bed felt so comfy and for some reason i felt so sleepy. I laid my head down on the pillow next to him and closed my eyes.
***
When I woke up me and Jared were snuggling, and my phone was going off. I reached over sleepily and grabbed it from the ground next to the bed. 6 missed calls.
"Shoot." I said sitting up.
Just as i hit view and Jake's name came up on the screen I heard a tap on the window. He knew from when we used to be together all the time where I would be if i wasnt home. I sat up carefully to not wake Jared up and softly walked over to the window. I slid the glass up so only the screen was between us.
"What are you doing!" Jake said loudly.
"Shh.." I said "I came here to get dry clothes." I whispered.
"Oh yeah it really looks like your getting clothes, Elle." He said harshly looked at Jared laying in the bed. Just then Jared began to move, he sat up and when he saw me at the window he looked confused. Then looked kinda mad. He got up and walked over to me wrapping his arms around my waist.
"Sleep good beautiful?" He asked looking at me. I gently moved his hands away and laughed nervously as I glanced up and saw the hurt expression on Jakes face but it suddenly turned angry.
"Who the hell are you?" He spat at Jared.
And it all went bad from there.