‹ Prequel: Forget About It
Status: Finished!

Therapy

Chapter Twenty-Two

“You know, Jack’s text about ‘quality time with Alex’ is such a big lie,” I told Pete as we were waiting in line at Starbucks in the heart of New Orleans. Gabe was supposed to be here in an hour.

“And why’s that?” Pete fished my iPhone out of my hand and put it in his pocket.

“Because Alex and Jack’s quality time is playing CoD or MW. They left at nine this morning.” I recalled as they left in a taxi right when I got up to make coffee.

“They probably just got Starbucks for breakfast, you know?” Pete smiled and put an arm around me, “now can we have quality talking time?”

I nodded and we sat down in a back corner of the Starbucks.

“Tell me,” Pete pleaded, “you’re scaring me.”

I took a sip of my black coffee, “Jack told me he loved me yesterday and sealed it up with a kiss and he fucking just found out that it was Alex who I cheated on him with for revenge and doesn’t Jack have to hate me for sleeping with Alex? I mean Alex still wants me and hetoldmehelovedmetootheothernightweslepttogether.”

Pete choked: “You slept with Alex, again? I thought you fucked him just that one time?”

“Can you not yell?” I took another sip, rolling my eyes. I purposely talked so fast, how'd he pick that up?

“You’re extremely calm, which is not normal Kase.”

“Alex and I have been hooking up ever since the day he came to get me from Germany.”

Pete hit his forehead, “Kase.”

“What?” I questioned him.

“How do you feel about Alex?”

I shrugged: “I don’t know. He’s my best friend, he knows everything about me. My best friend.”

“That you fucked more than three times.”

“Oh god!” I sighed, realizing more and more how bad this situation is, “what should I do.”

“If you think of Alex as nothing more than your best friend, you need to tell that to Alex and to Jack.”

I inhaled deeply: “You’re right.”

“I’m always right, babe.” Pete patted my arm, “Come here.”

We hugged right as Gabe walked in. Of course the two lovers had to catch up, but I promised I’d call Pete every once in a while and Gabe said he’d visit Pete after tour. When Pete had to leave, Gabe and I were going on our shopping trip.

“You know when you asked me to go shopping last night, I thought you were joking. Gabe Saporta goes shopping?”

“Hey!” Gabe protested, “Grab your coffee, vayamos amigo.”

I rolled my eyes and followed, “Rian is the only one, besides Matty that actually goes to Starbucks to get coffee for everyone.” I quietly said as Pete handed me my phone and we went separate ways.

Pete gave me a look that said as much as ‘quit-worrying-about-your-ex-boyfriend-hanging-with-your-latest-hook-up’ and then vanished.

I sighed and decided to listen to Pete because that always worked out someway.

Gabe and I raided so many stores with outfits for tonight and more.

At the fifth store I saw this beautiful dress.

“Te ves cariño impresionante,” Gabe gushed as I presented him the little scandalous dress. (You look breathtaking)

“No hablan español para mí, Gabrielle, I speak English and so do you.” (Don’t speak Spanish to me)

“Que encanta cuando hablo español,” he smiled at me. (But you love when I speak Spanish)

I shook my head and sadly began taking the dress off and putting it back, considering I didn’t even have half the money.

“I niña tonta va a comprar te el vestido,” Gabe took the dress out of my hands. (Stupid girl, I’ll buy you the dress)

“Seriamente abandonar el español, o voy a hacer que compre me zapatos.” I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms. (Seriously quit the Spanish or I’ll make you buy me shoes)

“Pero me encanta cuando te habla español, que es hace calor.” (But I love when you speak Spanish, it’s hot)

“Shoes it is,” I smiled as the cashier handed me the bag.

It took us very long until I found the perfect pair of shoes. They weren’t for tonight, but a woman can never have enough shoes.

Back at the venue, everyone was already getting ready, including Jack and Alex. The Raven game was in less than an hour and so I went straight to the back and got ready.

Soon, Vicky came over to help me. I did my hair and pulled on the perfect outfit for tonight. Not too much, but just enough to get Jack to notice.

I told Vicky about Gabe being annoying and speaking all Spanish to me.

Everyone knew I fluently spoke Spanish, but no one dared to bring up old memories about my dead papá. He died when I was young and he was the only person who always spoke Spanish to me.

“He always gushes about your perfect Spanish and doesn’t want you to stop speaking it. I think he’s just looking out for you,” Vicky explained.

I finished her make-up and it was my time now.

“So, he knows I hate speaking it.”

“You can’t stop speaking Spanish just because your father spoke to you in the language and died.”

“It’s my choice.”

“You accepted his death Kasey, just don’t quit Spanish, alright? You’re very good at it.”

I nodded, letting the words sink in.

Just half an hour later Vicky and I were on our way to the bar to meet the guys.

Let tonight begin!
♠ ♠ ♠
i want to see comments guys :3 lots of them :3