‹ Prequel: Forget About It
Status: Finished!

Therapy

Chapter Four

Alex has been acting weird ever since last Friday, so I made it a mission to find out why, but he never went anywhere without his beloved iPhone.

“Hey, how about this?” He held up a light gray dress.

“Put it in the basket,” I replied in a monotone.

We were shopping again. His pick, his treat. So all I had to do was balance next to him and say Yes or No. It was irritating, but Alex had a really good eye in fashion and picked mostly clothes that I liked.

“Why are you only picking for me?” I asked while we walked towards the dressing rooms.
The baskets we filled would take forever to try on.

“I love going shopping with you.”

I stuck out my tongue as we got into the biggest fitting room and I began trying everything on.

“What fucking size is this?” I tried to squeeze into a way too small shirt.

“I’ll get you a new size, hold up.” Alex vanished, leaving me stuck in the shirt.

Trying to wiggle out of it, I saw his iPhone lying on my purse. This was my chance. I picked it up, entered his 4-digit code and went straight to Inbox.

Text Message: I found out why Kaser left me.

I heard someone shuffling at the door and quickly closed everything and put the phone back.

“Help,” I whined as Alex walked back in, acting if nothing happened.

He chuckled and then helped me get out of the shirt.

Alex ended up buying me some new outfits and some shoes for himself. I was beat by just all the stuff we did together in the past week and a half. We settled on a restaurant for lunch when he brought up the worst.

“What are your plans for the next few weeks?” Alex asked while swiftly studying the menu, even though I already knew he’d put it down in a few minutes, defeat that he can’t make out what the German menu says.

“School,” I said, looking around Muenster, one of my absolute favorite cities.

He put the menu down: “What do you say in breaking off and coming with me?”

I choked, “Alex, no.”

“Are you going to miss me when I’m gone in three days?”

“Don’t remind me,” I sighed, rolling my eyes, “I know where you are getting at, but Alex- I can’t.”

“I’ll miss you," Alex grabbed my hand, “Just like I missed you when you left because of- well you know.”

I nodded, I know why I left America last summer and made it clear that no one comes back and tries to find me. Leave it up to Gaskarth to completely ignore all rules. Like fucking always.

“I know you still love him, Kasey, and I know it’s a weird situation, but he has been a mess without you there and we said no strings attached.”

I raised my eyebrows: “The entire ‘no strings attached’ shit didn’t really work, you know?”

“I know,” He sighed in defeat, “but we made a deal and now I have to keep it and deal with it. He’s my best friend.”

“So basically you want me to come with you because I still love him, and him and I are both wrecks, and you will deal with the fact of seeing me fuck your best friend because I love him although you and I know that you love me as well, but you will only deal with it?”

He nodded, “Yeah.”

The waitress arrived in the moment and I ordered us both a beer.

“I bet that sounded a lot smarter in your pretty little head,” I scowled, “do you want pasta?”

“Come on Kasey,” Alex lifted up my chin, “It won’t happen again-“

“It happens almost every night when you and I are alone,” I sighed, “Do you want pasta?”

“Yes, pasta please,” Alex smiled, “please come back with me? I’ll miss you and I’ll go crazy because I can’t vent to any of the guys. Two weeks?”

I rolled my eyes, “What will I be doing with you guys on tour?”

“Blogging, creating, getting up in business,” Alex’s face was content with happiness and trump. I could read it so well; there was entirely no way I would get out of this now.

“Explain,” I said annoyed at how easy I was.

“I got you hooked up with Marky to work for and with him,” Alex smiled.

“How-?”

“I can do everything, you know that,” Alex was so proud of him, “This is what you've always wanted. And working with Marky might get you far ahead.”

“I hate you,” I crossed my arms.

“I hate you too,” He lay an envelope on the table between us.

I picked it up and instantly new this were our tickets for this coming Saturday back to Baltimore and that Alex had bought them way before he even knew I was coming.

Such a fucking asshole.