‹ Prequel: Forget About It
Status: Finished!

Therapy

Chapter Seven

“Let me the fuck go!” Jack’s perfect voice pulled me out of my sleep, “I said let go, Zack!”

My eyes flung open – Jack’s voice stung and even though I’ve never faced an angry Jack, I could tell he was fucking furious.

“Sorry, but if you aren’t listening Rian and I are forced to.”

“Why am I fucking here?”

For the first time I studied the bunk I lay in; it was Alex’s, the typical pillow and Toy Story blanket I was sleeping with: it was his absolute favorite and must have on tour. Plus Baz was napping at the bedside.

“Alex’s orders,” Alex’s voice came from further away, most likely the back lounge.

Someone walked from the front to the back, “I’m mad at you.” Jack was right next to this bunk.

Baz lifted his head up to Jack’s voice, but I sh’d him to be quiet. Baz was a smart dog, I smiled.

“I didn’t do anything,” I could picture Alex with his hands up, “and don’t shout – she’s finally cried herself to sleep.”

Douche, I thought.

“Why is she here?” Jack whispered.

“Maybe she wants you back.”

“Don’t be that fucking conceited asshole right now.”

“Dude, I’m not.”

“You fucking lied to me. Best friends don’t lie.”

I heard Alex sigh: “So I’m trying to do a good thing and you flip shit?”

“Keeping this a secret is hardly good, dumbass. She cheated on me and then left! Without one fucking explanation!”

Then Alex chuckled, this asshole, “Well maybe Kasey’s back for a reason.”

“She’s ignoring me.” Jack spat.

“No,” I heard Alex stand up, “You and her need to talk because you’re both ignoring each other. Grow some balls.”

“Fuck you,” Jack stormed out of the bus and I heard him slam the door.

I pulled the curtain open and looked at Alex, tears already leaving my eyes.

“He doesn’t hate you,” Alex pulled me close, “he could never. He’s just upset with me. Not you.”

I nodded and let Alex wipe away the tears.

“Come on, Ri and the entire rest of the family are anxious to see you – they miss you, plus, you must be starving.” Alex pulled me to the front.

“They – they missed me?” To be honest, I thought they hated me.

Alex chuckled as we stood in front of Zack, Rian, Matt, Colussy, Vinny, Jeff, Grieco, Evan and Danny, who were standing and starring at me with huge grins plastered on their faces. “Miss is an understatement.”

I raised my eyebrows and at once I was tackled by Zack, Ri and Vinny.

“Let my baby breathe,” Matt ordered and then hugged me, “don’t, let me repeat, don’t ever do that again! Understood?”

I nodded before everyone else got their chance to hug me.

“Say something.” Rian grinned.

I looked at the floor, lightly blushing; their bus still had the fake marble canvas that shimmered, “I’m sorry,” I stammered.

“What are you sorry for?” Zack lifted up my chin, “You have absolutely nothing to be sorry for.”

I nodded again.

“Let’s get you food,” Alex grabbed my hand again and pulled me towards the bus door.

“We’ll come!” Matt cheered.

Even though Alex tried to hide it, I caught him mouthing something to everyone behind me before he pulled me and Baz off the bus. “I’m sorry about them. They’re so happy you’re back, they love you.”

I nodded, my mind still lingering on Jack. Where was he? Why did he hate me?

“Kasey Marie,” Alex got my attention, “he loves you. I'm his best mate. I know this."