Sequel: Written in the Stars

Passion

State Championship Part One

We were on our way to state, on one of those big charter buses. I was sitting by Luke who was fast asleep on my shoulder. As I watched the green blurs past by me, I couldn’t help but think how that one night led to so much trouble.

What the fuck happened last night?!” My dad screamed at me; it wasn’t like him to yell, he never yelled at me before. I started to cry, he just stood there glaring at me. “You had a fucking party?!” I could only nod my head. “And you drank?!” He asked a little calmer, but not much. I nodded once again but what happened next I could have never expected him to do that. He slapped me. “Go to your room, you fucking disappointment.” I held on to my throbbing cheek, and ran upstairs to my room.

A few hours later Justin stopped by, after my dad left. He told me that we were over for good and that he never wanted to see me again. That week only got worse, Carter was ignoring me and so were the rest of my friends. I screwed up big time, and the big problem was I don’t even remember what I did.


I let a tear brush down my face but only one, Derek turned around and smiled.

“Were almost there,” He grinned happily trying to wake Luke up. Luke tried slapping is hand away but only managed to hit me a few times.

“Luke wake up you asshole your hitting Cam!” Derek shouted in his ear. Luke jumped up in his seat, startled by Derek.

“Boys and lady grab your shit and get out of this bus, time to check out the hotel.” Our coach yelled from the front of the bus, we all filled out one by one taking our suitcase out from the bottom of the bus. We walked into the lobby and were shocked, we were excepting some cheep motel, but this place was the opposite. It was magnificent with a gold fountain, marble floors and its bellhops welcoming us with virgin daiquiris and wash clothes that smelt like aloe. They spotted me, a female and ran a bought me a beautiful sunflower.

“Welcome to Florida’s Palm.” One of the bellhops greeted, as the rest were busy taking our bags. “We hope you enjoy your stay,” He smiled and walked to help the other bellhops. I smiled as I saw the banners everywhere welcoming all of us from different districts.

“Okay, Cam we tried getting you a single room but the committee thought it was unfair to give any team more rooms, so you still have to bunk with the boys.” Coach informed me as we were taking the elevator up to our rooms.

“No problem Coach,” I smiled.

“Don’t worry I’ll give them the ‘keep your hands to yourself’ speech,” he smiled and I laughed.

“Thanks Coach.”

I was roomed with Luke, Derek and our first baseman Oliver. We had two beds, a roomy bathroom and a pull out couch with a flat screen. I jumped on the bed closer to the window.

“I CALL THIS BED MOTHER FUCKERS!” I yelled as the rest of the boys fought over who sleeps where, finally Luke just sighs and sits on my bed.

“Fuck that I’ll just sleep with Cammy,” he gave me a cheeky grin and I laughed.

“Not uh! I would rather not be raped in my sleep.” He mocked hurt and put a hand over his heart.

“That’s a low blow, besides it’s not rape if it’s willing,” he winked.

“Well now that’s all figured out, we have meet and greet in an hour and then dinner after. Oh and we have to look nice.” Oliver told us, and we all groaned. I pulled out my dress out of my bag and a pair of shoes and ran to the bathroom before the boys could protest.

“Cam I swear to god if you take a long as time in there, I will kill you.” Derek pounded on the door.

“No you won’t,” I smirked even though he couldn’t see it. I started the shower and stripped; I waited till the shower was hot and jumped in. After taking a 15 minute shower I threw on my robe and opened the door to see Luke standing there.

“Hello Lucas,” I smiled and stood in his way.

“Please move, I have to take a shower and pee really bad,” he pouted, I laughed and moved out of the way. He ran in and started back up the shower. I slipped on my pink dress before moving out of my towel, the boys busted in the room right after I had my tights on.

“Luke just finished with the shower if any one wants it,” I told them before they both ran to the bathroom with Oliver winning. I put on my black boots and my leather jacket, by then my hair was already dry and naturally curly, so I decided to do nothing with it. I put some mascara and eyeliner on. We had 5 minutes before we had to go down to the lobby so I took my purse out of my bag put my necessities in it and went down stairs with the boys.

“Wow you clean up nice Henderson,” Oliver commented when we were in the elevator, as we were walking out I smiled as sweetly as I could and told him a thank you. I looped my arm threw Luke’s arm and we walked into the dinning room, there were hundreds of ball payers in here from all over Florida.

“Wow,” I looked around in amazement.

“Took the words right out of my mouth,” Luke told me repeating my actions.

“It’s about time you guys show up,” our Coach smirked from the table closes to us. “It’s a meet in and greet go mingle.” He encouraged pushing us towards the large body of people talking in the middle of the room. I tightened my grip around Luke’s arm and looked at him silently pleading for him to not let go, he gave me a small smile. Just then two boys, twins popped up in front of us.

“Hello I’m Brandon and this is my brother Brad,” he told us motioning towards his look alike.

“Cam,” I smiled at them holding out my hand.

“And I’m Luke,” Luke did the same.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you both, but I have one question for you guys, how come you get to bring your girlfriend but no one else here can?” He asked smirking, I could feel my blood boiling but before Luke could chew them out I opened my mouth.

“Funny boys, hilarious actually for your information I happened to be on a baseball team an extremely good baseball team, the same team that’s going to cream you guys tomorrow, that’s a promise.” I told the twins furious; I started to walk away but stopped dead in my tracts. “And another thing, I pitch.” I grabbed Luke’s arm and dragged him with me to our table. I slammed down in my seat and groaned out in frustration.

“Come on Cammy, you had to know that these guys here aren’t use to females being in there sport. Remember how we reacted to you joining the team? It wasn’t all rainbows and butterflies.” He told me smiling.

“It pisses me off how some guys think all were capable of doing is making a sandwich.” I told him frowning as I watch people pointing fingers and laughing in my direction.

“Well don’t tell them with your mouth, show them with your actions,” he stood up and left leaving me confused. Did he want me to kick there asses? I groaned again slamming my head down on the table.

“Sorry about the twins, there ignorant assholes,” A voice beside me told me, I looked up and was meet with big brown eyes.

“It’s not just them,” I told him sitting up straighter “Everyone here is treating me like some dog, like I’m not worthy enough to be here.”

“You earned your place here along with everyone else,” he said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Glad you understand, can you do me a favor?” I asked him, he nodded his head yes.

“Will you tell my team I wasn’t feeling to hot, I’m going upstairs.” I stood up and started to leave but he grabbed my wrist holding me back.

“Don’t let what they say get to you, oh and tomorrow I hope you keep true on your promise, it would be nice to see some competition.” I smirked and yanked my arm back and made my way upstairs.

One thing he can count on is me not going easy on him or anyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cam's Bus outfit
Cam's Dinner outfit