Status: Sequel On The Way

A Whole Lot of Jackass

Chapter One

The door the Big Brother office slammed shut as I walked calmly across the reception area of the building, I quickly caught the elevator, pressing the fifth floor button I slowly felt it rising as I slumped against the wall. Oh I loved Monday mornings.

My name was Lowri Foxx, I worked here at Big Brother Magazine and God was I proud of it. I have been here for three years and not a day goes by working here that I don't love, the friends I have made are some of THE best I have ever had and their sense of humour never gets old. What do I do for the magazine? Well, that's the best bit, I write certain weird articles monthly for the magazine. Some of the titles included: How to make a fake ID and 28 ways to kidnap the President.

The elevator doors opened will a ping to show a plain, cream, bare corridor with several black doors dotted randomly all the wall down it. Leaving the elevator, I walked down the narrow walkway until I came to a large opening filled with bean bag chairs, sofa's, a small TV and a tiny skate ramp. It was were we all usually gathered on out breaks, lunches and so on.
"Hello?" I shouted wondering were everyone was while clocking in at 9 o' clock. I opened my office connecting to the 'Living area' like place and placed my bag down on the desk.
"Hey" I turned to see one of my best friends, Jeff Tremaine, walking into the room I shared with him.
"So I'm not the only one here! Thank God, where is everyone?" I asked sitting down.
"They all went out last night, where do you think they are?" Jeff laughed and handed me a coffee.
"Ah, thank you." I took a sip of the coffee before spinning on my chair to face his desk at which he was sat at now. "So new issue to start today, what we doing?"
"Erm...actually I wanted you to come with me today to meet someone." He looked hopeful that I would say yes, but it wasn't that simple.
"It isn't your friend Eric again that want a swimming buddy is it?" I cringed.
"What? Oh! No! It's one of my friends that's looking for a job, i want you to make sure he's right for here." I wasn't sure but then he made this puppy dog pout face and leaned over his desk.
"Okay, I'll go" I smiled.
"Good cause I really didn't want to have to convince you by getting naked!" He laughed.
"Oh you are sick!" With that I walked out the office laughing to find the one and only Sean Cliver watching TV. "HI SEAN!" I screamed, running and jumping on the seat next to him.
"Hey Low, what you doing today?" Sean asked as he slouched down and turned towards me.
"Going to meet someone with Tremaine, one of his friends who wants a job apparently." I frowned realizing Jeff hadn't gave me a time or anything for when we were meeting him. "Hey Jeff!"
"Yeah?" Came a small voice through the door.
"When are we meeting this guy?"
"Erm...we are meeting him for lunch at 12 so in about 3 hours." I puffed and lent my head back on the soft cushions.
"At least Jeff's there in case it's like the friend he introduced you to that wanted you to pose naked for him while he painted." He laughed.
"Ha ha very funny, you weren't the one that had to distract him with a picture of a bowl of fruit while you crept out of the apartment!" I grinned. That guy was a real creep, like living in your loft with out you knowing type creepy guy, that was DEFINITELY the last time I let Jeff set me up with one of his 'friends'.
"Lowri, Lowri, Lowri...how you doing these days?" Dave Carnie smiled coming through the door.
"I'm alright." I smiled back. "You?" I wondered, looking at him with a raised eyebrow.
"Good, I hear your going with Jeff this afternoon?"
"Yeah, is that a problem?"
"No, just don't go crazy after this guy okay!" He laughed.
"Hey! Henry stalked me!" I defended. So I had been on a few dates with some weird friends of my colleges, but I wasn't the insane one.
"Yeah whatever, meetings in 5 for the new issue!" He shouted down the corridor.
"Why do I have such a bad history with men?" I squinted staring at the carpet.
"Cause you just attract the weirdo's, common meeting time!" Jeff giggled grabbing my hand and slowly pulling me toward the board room.

"So Rick, your going to out with Jason and shooting some stuff with him...Lowri, you have the 18 ways to kill yourself article and...actually I think that's it. Get to work!"
By now the time had reached 11am and it was time for me and Jeff to leave to meet this guy.
"You ready?" Jeff asked and I nodded, "Got everything?"
"Yep. Let's go!" We were taking Jeff's car to this cafe place as we pulled out the car park, the sights of LA passed us for 20 minutes before we arrived. Pulling over at the side of the road and getting out the car, we casually made our way inside the small restaurant where this mystery friend of Jeff's awaited.
"There he is" I looked to where Jeff's index finger was pointing to see a very attractive guy with a sort of rough looking edge, wearing navy blue Dickie's, a black t-shirt with some sort of logo on it and a black pair of converse on his feet. He sat drinking a medium coffee in a cardboard cup, keeping himself busy by twiddling his thumbs and looking off at different tables, not realizing we had arrived. I followed Jeff over to the table and as we neared it I saw the guy's head shoot up and smile as he greeted my college with a guy hand shake/hug and 'hi' before turning to me,
"Johnny Knoxville, nice to meet you." He introduced himself, holding out his hand.
"Lowri Foxx, nice to meet you to." I took his hand, shaking it, as I took the seat in between him and Jeff. Since we had got closer to, who I now knew as Johnny, I got a better look at his face which was freshly shaved and his dark brown eyes that, even though they looked sleep deprived, were just plain beautiful.
"What can I get you?" A young waitress asked us, standing there in her long green apron with a small note pad and pen in her hand.
"Erm...I'll have a coffee please" Jeff answered before the girl smiled and turned to me.
"Coffee, black please"
"I'll be back in a few minutes" She said as she turned and headed for the counter.
"So what you got for me?" Jeff asked getting straight down to business.
"Well I have a proposition for you."
"Let's hear it!"
"Well I have this idea Jeff," Johnny began, "I want to test all this self defense stuff on myself..like, I don't know...pepper spray, tazer, maybe a 38', stuff like that. Then I want to write an article about it." I looked at him smiling, but also a raised brow.
"Well that's normal, you serious?" I smirked, he couldn't be serious.
"Serious! I think it would be funny and a good topic, especially for your magazine" After Johnny said that I looked towards Jeff, who seemed to be considering the idea just as our coffee's arrived.
"Thank you." We both said as Johnny was still awaiting an answer.
"Okay, but I want you to film it instead then write it up, but I don't want many people there in case something goes wrong. So I have decided to let you have the help of Lowri here and one of our cameramen Rick Kosicks." He smiled and both looked at me as I did a double take and my eyes widened considerably.
"Excellent, I hope we'll get to know each other better. But when we going to do it?" Johnny asked as he folded his hands on the table, it was then I noticed the small, plain gold ring on his left hand, he was married. I wasn't surprised to tell the truth, just a little disappointed.
"Well how about Wednesday? I'll set you up with the cameraman and send Low to you," we all laughed as Jeff continued, "but on another note I would really like to give you a job as a journalist at Big Brother...if you want it of coarse?" Jeff laughed as he offered the job.
"Oh jeez really? Oh totally, thanks Tremaine," They shared a hand shake and as quick as that the meeting was up, we all stood and I was surprised as Johnny pulled me into a hug.
"I'm looking forward to Wednesday." He smiled,
"You start Thursday morning, 9:00. Don't be late!" Jeff laughed, "You know where the office is."
"Okay, I'll be there. See you both later" He waved as we walked out the cafe and over to the car.
"Bye!" I said before driving off back to the office to get down to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and let me know what you think! :D