Status: Finally finished. :)

The Nagual

A Green Eye

The sound of partying teenagers and the muffled sound of a loud bass rung in Felia's ears as she waited in the sitting area for Kahili. It was an hour since she had seen her in the lobby.

"Taking a long time." Felia mumbled as Noah sat across from her on a red couch made for three.

"That guy's lucky." He replied. Felia gave only a faint glare his way before a smile cracked on his lips. "Oh, come on. Even you have to admit she's got something."

"Got what?" she asked.

"You know . . ."

"Breasts?"

"Well, yeah, but-"

"Hips?"

"Yes. But she's got-"

"Legs?"

"Yes, Felia. She does. Lots of women tend to have those things. But you know she's different. It's like-"

"She's got a body and knows how to use it to her advantage. I get it. I understand." Felia said, waiting desperately for the sound of footsteps outside the door but being denied of her wish.

Noah sighed a little, looking at Felia.

"What are you doing?" she asked him in a whisper. He just shook his head and made his way to the small bar she failed to notice until now. "Are you trying to analyze me?" she offered, casting her glance at the floor.

"To an extent." he said, pouring a golden liquid in a crystal-like glass. "I know you're jealous. It's written all over your face."

As Noah closed his eyes while taking a swig of the drink, Felia's hand inadvertently reached up to her cheek. It felt hot. Before he looked back at her, she folded her arms and looked away.

"The only thing I'm actually trying to figure out is who you're jealous of. Kahili or the bellhop?"

Now her cheeks were piping. She was glad for the dim light the lamps were giving off. "Am I supposed to answer that question?"

"Only if you want to. It's none of my business. So long as I get paid, I don't rightly care what you do in the bedroom you're sharing with her." He placed the glass with a loud clink and went off to the other side of the suite where his empty room waited.