Status: Completed

Avoid Complications Rodrick.

Just one Touch

" So you don't even want to go to this thing?" Lilly asked, confused.

Lilly looked at her sister, who kept trying to find a look for her brown hair.
Cynthia took out the high ponytail, frustrated.

" No but I want to support Rodrick.." She sighed and leaned over, her head hitting the table hard.

" Maybe you should just leave it down?" Lilly asked, getting closer to see her sister in the mirror.

Cynthia mumbled something but Lilly couldn't make out what she said.

Lilly looked over at her sister's closet and saw the giant box inside.
She walked over and opened it.
She sighed, it was all her art things, paints, brushes, canvas..

" Are you ever going to paint again?" Lilly asked.

Cynthia, got defensive and shut the box on Lilly and pushed her out not giving her an answer. Half because she didn't have an exact answer, and half because she didn't want to answer. Her painting was her personal business.

Rodrick was picking her up in two hours, and she didn't have a clue what to wear.
She decided on a pair of jeans a tied green button down shirt with her bikini top underneath.

Then in her bag she'd have extra clothes and stuff.
She was nervous, too nervous for her liking, and it showed.

Rodrick sat in his van. Wearing his usual tight blue jeans with a casual t-shirt and sweater.
He had put on his guy-liner for the show.
His hair was spiked out all over, he looked punk.
Very punk.

He pulled up to her house, and walked over to the door.
Cynthia screamed when she heard him knock.
Getting a strange look from Lilly.

She quickly checked her breath and grabbed a piece of gum.
Then opened the door.

Rodrick looked at her, and looked at her shirt.

" Your not going to actually wear that shirt? Are you"

She went red her stomach twirled with embarrassment.

Then he sighed.

" Did Greg tell you?" He asked, annoyed. She raised her eyebrow.

" Tell me what?"

Rodrick grabbed her hand
" About the surprise.." He whispered as they walked to the van.

She blushed and decided to not really answer.
Rodrick opened the sliding door of the van, and grabbed a hanging pink t-shirt.

" Here. Put it on" He said slamming the door closed.
He went to the other side as she looked at it getting into the vehicle.

She opened it more and smiled.
" My own Loded Diper shirt?" She asked, looking at him.

He nodded and smiled at her.
" Your one of the boys now. Daniels."

She shook her head playfully and un-tied her shirt and buttoned it off.
Rodrick caught sight of her bikini top, and gulped looking away.
It seemed her top was too tight for the thin strapped swim wear.

He tried to ignore it, but it was hard for him to do so.
Cynthia put the shirt on and tied it at the side.

She loved it, enough to look past the fact that it was a twenty dollar shirt from her own pile of clothes. How he got it, she would never know, or want to know.

" So where is this beach I have never seen in town?" She asked, looking at Rodrick.
They had picked up a few of the guys, but they couldn't fit many with all the band equipment in the van.

" It's outside of town. It between our town and the one over" .

" It looks like it's gonna rain.." She whispered looking out the window.

After an hour of driving, rocking out hard to some heavy metal, they arrived at the beach.

The guy hosting the party was there, getting things set up.
Cynthia stepped out, and everyone who was there looked at her. She put left her bag in the van, and helped bring Loded Diper's gear on stage. She didn't dare try to hook it up.
As handy as she was, she didn't want to mess up Rodrick's equipment.

After a while, Loded Diper was up and ready and begun to practise a song.
It was a cover, but Cynthia loved it, it was the first song she heard from them that didn't have Diaper in the title, or in the song.

She moved a little as she helped set up the tables with snacks, beer and pop.

" Help?" Another female voice asked, Cynthia turned too see, some chicken legged girl holding about three cases of beer at once. She ran over and grabbed the top one.

" Here, slide that one on" She said, smiling.
The blond smiled, relieved and did so.

" You don't find that heavy?"

" Well, I used to work in a store and I had to carry loads of things. So not really" Cynthia said, remembering her job in her old town. Her mother had gotten her one here, but it was dog walking.. First thing every morning in the summer. Weekends during school time.

They set two of the boxes under the table.
The one the blond had went on top.
Cynthia began to put the bottles on the table.

" You're good at this" She complimented Cynthia, Cynthia went red.
She wasn't used to compliments.

" Oh um, thanks?" She laughed.

" I'm Arissa" She said, holding out her hand towards Cynthia.

" Cynthia" She shook her hand.

The two walked together laughing, for no reason.

" So why are you here so early?" Arissa asked.

" I'm here with the band" Cynthia said, smiling.
Arissa nodded.

" How about you?" She asked, putting her hands in her pockets.
She looked over at the stunning blond, surely she was here with her boyfriend.

" Oh my brother's throwing the party" She confessed.
Cynthia looked at her, surprised.

" We're twins" She told Cynthia.
It was like a light bulb went off in Cynthia's head and she nodded.

Arissa left, to go help set up some more.
Cynthia went and sat in the van, in the sliding door frame, her legs hung out her toes tipping into the sand. She hadn't even noticed Rodrick standing there against the passenger side door, smiling down at her. Waiting for her to notice his silent staring.

Cynthia looked up and jumped back.

" You jerk.." She mumbled, moving to let him sit. He sat beside her, and wrapped his arm around her.

" I saw you talking to Arissa" he said, and kissed Cynthia neck.

She raised her eyebrows surprised. His lips continued to kiss her neck, gentle sweet kisses. She closed her eyes.

" So what?"

" Are you two friends now?"

" I just.. met her.." She said opening her eyes. Rodrick lifted his head from her neck and pushed Cynthia into the van and slammed the door closed.

" Rodrick..?" She asked, sitting on the seat that he had put back into his fifteen year old van.

Rodrick was on his knees, and rested his hands on her lap.
" I want to try something" He whispered, moving up to kiss her, she kissed back, a little worried.

" Wait. Are ..we boyfriend and girlfriend?" She asked as Rodrick rested her down on the cold floor of his van.

" I guess."

" After one date?"

" This counts as a date.. Doesn't it?" He asked.

She bit in her lips and nodded.
" I guess"

" Then that makes three dates" He said and started to kiss her neck again.

She smiled and went with it. Giggling and enjoying the feel of his kiss so tender on her neck, how his lips could make her tingle and feel so light and happy, she had no idea.
He moved from side to side of her neck, his face buried in her neck, her arm wrapped around him as they moved around to his kisses.

She only started to panic when Rodrick moved his hand up her shirt, and ran his finger in the line of her bikini.

" Rodrick.. Stop.. Please..." She whispered in his ear.

He sat up taking his hand back.

She bit her lip, and took a deep breath.

" Not in the van. How about we continue this later on the beach?" She asked, looking in his eyes, he smirked and put his hand behind her ear and smashed his lips to hers, holding her there for a long locked kiss.

He pulled away.

" I got to go back and play, but I cant wait for later" He said and kissed her quickly then left. Closing the door behind him.

She groaned and gripped her hair, she didn't want to have sex with him yet.
They were hardly girlfriend and boyfriend, and they hadn't been on as many dates as he assumed.

But she knew him, she cared for him, and it wasn't like he was a complete stranger.. She fixed her hair and looked at his neck. She had a small hickey.
She rolled her eyes and covered it up with makeup then straightened her shirt.

She escaped the vans new found memory and went to the table.
She didn't drink alcohol so she grabbed a Pepsi, had it open and half full in twenty seconds.

She knew something was up with this beach party.
She just never thought it would be Rodrick trying to get her in bed..Or in this case in the sand.