Status: Completed

Avoid Complications Rodrick.

Shy Happy and Nervous.

" Cynthia?" Rodrick asked into his cell phone.

" Yeah?" She replied, not really paying attention to the conversation, she had started to paint her toe nails, so she pretty much was concentrating on everything but Rodrick, who was trying to find his words to ask her out on a real date.

" Cynthia?"

" Yes. Rodrick. What!?" She asked, if the call was going to go in circles she was gonna hang up.

" Would you maybe want to go get pizza and hang out with me and the van sometime?" He asked all at once and drew in a deep breath.

Her eyes went wide and she looked at her phone, dropping her nail polish, which went spilling all over her floor.

Rodrick's winning expression soon turned into doubt as heard her swearing on the other line, unaware she had been actually doing something besides talking to him.

".... Cynthia?" He asked, his ego crushed.

" Sorry Rodrick, I spilled my nail polish"

He sighed and smiled.

" So what do you think?"

" About...?"

" The pizza and me and the van..."

" Oh.. OH. Right uh..Sure..?"

" Cool, talk to you later about the details. Bye" He hung up abruptly once again.

She stared at her phone, and wished that just once he'd let her say bye.

She went through probably twenty different outfits before she settled on the one she was in.
She was trying to catch her breath.
Her first real date.
Tonight.

If she wasn't nervous enough, the talk about the date in details had her sweating like a monkey. Mostly because she was worried to hurt Rodrick's feelings, he had poor choice in date events.

Pizza, then help him unload equipment for Loded Diper.
Then he would drive her home!?

She tried to not get so bummed out by it, she was wishing Rodrick would do something a little more.. romantic.. She sighed and paced around her room, Lilly was there, she needed someone to rant to about all her worries for tonight.

What if she spilled her drink on herself? Or on him.
But Lilly pointed a fair point.
" You've already been out with him"

Which was true, and comforted Cynthia.
Lilly and Cynthia both jumped when the doorbell rang.

" Oh god is it him!?" Cynthia asked, and walked upstairs to the main floor of the house.

Lilly was right behind her, literally pushing Cynthia too the door.

" No. I don't want to answer the door!" Cynthia said and turned away from the door. Heading towards the stairs to go upstairs. She sat down and buried her face in her hands.

Lilly rolled her eyes and opened the door.
She smiled and let the door fall open.

" Come on in Rodrick" She said and looked at her sister, a sort of indication to Rodrick she was there at the stairs.

Rodrick stepped in, and closed the door, he didn't see Lilly looking over at Cynthia so he stood there, taking in deep breaths holding a couple flowers in his hands.

He paced mumbling to himself, something about looking ridiculous.
He was in a button down shirt and jeans. Formal for Rodrick.

He jumped a bit when he saw her sitting there.

" Hi.." She said quietly and stood up, Rodrick smiled and held the flowers towards her.

She smiled " For me? "

He nodded, Cynthia smiled more and took the flowers and walked to the kitchen and put them in a vase. She looked back at Rodrick he was pacing and mumbling once again. She took a deep breath and grabbed her jacket and walked back to him.

" Lets go?" She asked, he nodded again and opened the door. Cynthia closed it behind her.
They walked to his Loded Diper van, and she braced for the worst of the worst of tonight.
She got into the passenger side, and looked back to see no Band Equipment..
She looked over at Rodrick.
He smirked and started the van.
♠ ♠ ♠
p.s this is half of thier first date