I Was Breathless by the Look in Your Eye

But My Sister

The bright sun shining through my living room window woke me up in the morning. But a feeling of warmth and comfort was coming over me. I liked it. I actually smiled and nuzzled my way against whatever it was that I was cuddled against. Once that something started to move, however, I quickly drew my hair back to see the flawless features of… Kyle.

I wanted to scramble out of his arms and jump into my bed, pretending that this never happened! But… I couldn’t bring myself to move. Kyle’s arms where loosely wrapped around my waist while his head lay on the couch pillow. His hair was feathered across it along with his forehead. URG! Why is he so cute?

But then something finally hit me… it’s morning… PRACTICE!

“Kyle, get up,” I said, trying to keep my tone gentle, but it just didn’t work.

His eyes flung open with his features still wrinkled up, looking back at me with unfocused eyes.

“It’s almost eleven! We’re late for practice,” I told him as I got up and rushed to my room.

I didn’t care if he was late. But if we’re late, there’s hell to pay! Our choreographer makes us run… a lot. I hate running! I swear she hates us. Since I’ve been on the team, I have not been late… and I really don’t plan on being late, but… It just may happen today.

My clothes were changed in a matter of seconds. I threw what I needed into my bag quickly and bolted out of my room while pulling my hair up. I was on my way to grabbing my car keys, but I stopped short. Kyle was… just sitting on the couch with the TV switched onto Sports Center… Um…

“I’m not too sure what kind of punishment you get when you’re late to practice, but I sure as hell know I need to get my ass there,” I told him.

“We don’t have practice today,” he replied.

“What?” I asked, looking at him oddly.

“The team leaves for LA this afternoon. Road trip,” he said with a big toothless grin.

Just to make sure he wasn’t messing with me, I walked into the kitchen to look at my schedule that I have posted on the fridge. After I looked, I found that… he was right. I have two days off. Wow.

“Told you,” he snickered from the doorframe that he was leaning against.

“Shut up,” I shot at him as I dropped my bag and let a sigh escape me.

“Are you doing anything this weekend?” he asked while shoving his hands in his pockets.

“No. I’m relaxing since I have the weekend off,” I told him.

“You should come to LA with me,” he went on.

“Why…” I asked, looking at him oddly.

“To… hang out?” he asked rather than stated.

“I’ve never ventured to the west coast,” I said softly.

“Then you should come with me,” he grinned this time.

“I don’t know… but my sister…” I started to say, suddenly realizing that she hadn’t text me back yet!

“You and your sister need time to cool off. Your little argument got pretty heated yesterday,” he replied.

“Yeah, but… I just can’t up and leave to go to LA without telling her,” I told him while crossing my arm.

“Just text her. When she’s ready to talk to you, she’ll see it and be like wow. I get this whole house to myself,” he snickered.

“Don’t do that. I got horrible pictures in my mind right now,” I muttered.

“Ok well then… why don’t you come with me so that I can get changed and we’ll head out together?” he suggested.

“I hate that I’m really excited about this right now,” I couldn’t hold in my smile anymore.

His smile grew bigger than before. And with that, I hurried off to my room to shove clothes and make up and all the essentials that I’ll need for two days. I haven’t been out of the Chicago area since I’ve moved her. And now I’m going to Los Angeles… with Kyle, a super cute guy. This weekend was going to be awesome!
♠ ♠ ♠
Took me for ever... I found a bunch of Kyle pictures and I had to stare lol

Leah

comment pretty pleeease :D