I Was Breathless by the Look in Your Eye

Don't Say That

Patrick… got into a fight at his game. A fight? Really? Was that necessary? I don’t think so. Kyle gets shoved all the time during games and he doesn’t retaliate with anything. He just keeps on playing the game. It’s a part of it! I just don’t get hockey.

Since Shayla and Patrick were having a little moment, Kyle and I stepped out. Just when I started coming around to this guy… Once we were out in the chilly air of the parking garage, Kyle stopped and wrapped his tall frame around me, allowing us to share a tight hug.

“I thought you liked Patrick?” he asked softly through a little chuckle.

“He’s really aggressive though,” I forced out.

“Just because he’s aggressive on the ice, doesn’t mean he’s going to be aggressive off of it,” he countered.

“I’ve dated guys like him before though,” I replied, pushing away from him.

I felt my eyes start to sting. This was supposed to be a good night. I didn’t want to damper it by thinking of the assholes that I’ve dated before. But Patrick reminds me of all of them… I want to like him for Shayla’s sake, but… it’s hard.

“I think there’s a lot more to this aggressive thing than what you’re telling people,” Kyle spoke up as he stood next to me and rubbed my back.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” I whispered.

“I think you should though,” he pressed on.

I looked up into his eyes and at that very moment, I knew I shouldn’t have. He has those piercing blue eyes that just make you want to spill your heart out to him. I quickly looked away. I took a few steps back away from him, but he coiled his arms around me, pulling me against his chest.

“You can tell me,” he spoke gently once I nuzzled up to him.

“I just don’t like aggressive guys,” I muttered.

“Leah,” he almost cooed.

I didn’t want to tell him. I didn’t want anyone to know. I felt like a weak person because of it. But something in his tone was just so… trusting. I’ve known this guy for about a year and I honestly feel like I’ve known him my whole life.

“They beat me,” I pushed out with my face pressed against his chest.

He didn’t say anything. This made me feel so much worse. I went to pull away from him, but he tightened his arms around me, nearly forcing me to stay where I was.

“I’m sorry you had to go through that. It had to be horrible,” he spoke gently, rubbing his hands up and down my back.

“Don’t be sorry. It’s my fault,” I told him.

“It’s not your fault. Don’t say that. No man has the right to put his hands on you or any woman,” he quickly butted in.

His comment made me smile a little. He held onto me for the longest time. I didn’t want him to let go. If I could stay right here forever, I honestly wouldn’t mind. As if he could read my thoughts, he suggested that I stay at his house tonight. I was skeptical, but… he was pretty persistent. He said he didn’t want me to be alone. Even though I thought my sister was going to come home with me.

Once the two of us got to his house, he led me up to his room and I went over to sit on his bed. He disappeared into his closet. When he came out, he had a black jersey in his hands… that wasn’t from Chicago, yet it still said Korver on it. It was his 76ers jersey.

“Is that your rookie jersey?” I asked through a small smile.

“It’s from my last year in Philly,” he replied, smiling as if remembering those moments on his first NBA team. “You can wear it if you want,” he went on, holding it out to me.

Flashing a slightly brighter smile, I took it from him and walked into the bathroom. Once I walked out, all changed, Kyle was already cuddled up under his sheets, shirtless. Oh dear. When his eyes fell on mine, a toothless grin appeared over his slightly stubbled face before he opened his arms for me. I gladly fell into him, allowing myself to cuddle up in his warm, comforting embrace.

“You didn’t have to let me stay here,” I spoke up softly.

“I wanted you here though,” he countered.

“You’re like the sweetest guy I know,” I couldn’t hold in.

“That’s nice to hear coming from you,” he replied.

His comment made me blush. In hopes that he hadn’t seen it, I nuzzled up into his chest more. A cute chuckle came out of him before his grip tightened around me slightly.

There was just something about Kyle that I felt so… safe around. He’s one of the few guys that I’ve been able to get really close too. But I’m still not able to let my guard completely down. I really want too. Kyle’s an amazing guy. I’ve just been hurt a lot in the past… The more I think about it, the more I want… Kyle and I to be more. I’m just… scared I guess.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sucky ending... but I started staring at Zak Bagans... and the Bulls don't play tonight so didn't have any 'back up motivation' lol

Leah

comment pleeease :D

KATIEEEE!