I Was Breathless by the Look in Your Eye

Care If I Join?

Practice today was… fun… I guess. I mean, I love dancing, but you can’t really enjoy yourself too much with a bitchy choreographer. You know what sounded nice right now? A dip in the hot tube. Oh the benefits of living on the top floor. Right after I got my bathing suit on though, my phone went off. It was a text… from Kyle.

“Are you busy?” was what it read.

“A little… getting ready to relax in the hot tub,” was my response.

Within seconds, he had already replied. Oh Kyle…

“Care if I join you?”

He put a little winky face after it too. It brought a shade of red over my face as I typed in my next message:

“Sure.”

Once I hit send, a huge smile came over my face. Quickly after that, he sent me a big smiley face. Oh this boy. Ok so… we’re not ‘officially together’. But neither of us are seeing other people… or are even interested in seeing other people. I guess we’re kind of assumed to be together, but I don’t call him my boyfriend and I haven’t heard him call me his girlfriend, so…

But when I heard the soft knock on the door, I nearly squealed and ran through my apartment. Once I was at the door, I quickly realized that… I was just in my bathing suit. Um… maybe I should put something else on… But Kyle knocked again. I can’t keep him waiting!

When I opened the door, his eyes lit up. Shoot! But his eyes stayed on mine as he sent me a smile. He’s such a nice boy. Where has he been all my life?

“Is your sister here?” he whispered once he stepped inside.

“No, but I think she’s on her way,” I replied, giggle as I shut the door.

He flashed me another smile before he hooked his arms around my shoulders as the two of us walked out to the hot tub. The Chicago night air was chilly, but the water felt so nice… and it helped to have a super cute guy in there with me.

“How was your day?” he spoke softly while the two of us relaxed on opposite sides.

“Pretty normal. Practice… and that’s about it,” I replied. “And yours?” I went on.

“Same. I just… couldn’t wait to come and see you,” he smiled shyly, bringing a shade of red across my face. I could feel it!

A cute little chuckle came out of him before he slowly made his way over to sit by me. His arm gently coiled around my middle, gently pulling me onto his lap. My arms loosely wrapped around his neck while I steadied myself on his lap.

“I love spending time with you,” I told him while resting my head on his shoulder and his hands rubbed my back softly.

“I love spending time with you too,” he replied with a cute little smile on his scruffy face.

It had the power to bring mine across too. As time went on, I brought my head up to gaze into his gorgeous blue eyes, which was the worst thing I could do. They captivated me. I couldn’t look away at all. While this was still going on, Kyle’s lips brushed against mine lightly. Just as this cute little kiss deepened, a loud cough echoed around us, making Kyle and I pull away from each other quickly. Shayla was there.

“Having fun?” she snickered.

I didn’t know what to say. I mean… it’s Kyle. If I were with anyone, it would be him. But we’re not ‘together’. Why was I so stunned by her sudden appearance?

“I’ll just give you guys a sec,” she giggled before going back inside.

Once she was out of sight, Kyle chuckled. He chuckled! I gave him a look like he was insane.

“What is so funny?” I asked, crossing my arms as he pulled that toned body from the water.

“That was bound to happen,” he snickered while holding a towel out for me.

“It’s not like you’re my boyfriend or anything. It’s perfectly normal for me to be kissing random guys,” I muttered as he wrapped the towel around my frame.

“I just… assumed we were… together,” he countered, looking down at me.

My eyes snapped up to his so fast. This was news to me! Um… what? He assumed we were together? He could have told me! But I needed to have some fun with this.

“You can’t just get out of not asking me,” I snickered with a playful smile making its way across my face.

That bright, white, flawless smile spread across his own face before his beefy arms found their way around me.

“Leah,” he started, bringing out a giggle in me, “since we’ve been doing this kissy, huggy, having feelings for each other thing for a while, will you be my girlfriend?” he went on to ask with this little cockiness to his tone.

“I’d love to, Kyle,” I beamed.

I didn’t think it was possible for his smile to get any bigger until now. Of course we had to share a proper kiss that Shayla didn’t interrupt this time. But once we parted, we went back inside. Kyle threw his shirt back on as I went back to my room and threw a hoodie and shorts on.

When I came out, Kyle was chilling in the living room with Shayla. I sat on the couch next to my sister as she brought up her boyfriend. I was honestly trying to be more open about her whole situation, but… I don’t like the guy. I can’t help it! There’s just some people you don’t like in life. Maybe Patrick is that person to me. I didn’t snap back with anything negative though. If I was feeling a rude comment start to bubble up, I just looked at Kyle. He’d smile at me and it made everything go away.

But I did catch a little something something. Shayla got asked out… by one of Patrick’s teammate. Hmm… maybe he’ll replace Patrick. Of course I didn’t voice this. It would be nice, but… I’m not going to count my chickens before they’re hatched. I got Kyle though… I’m honestly on too much of an emotional high to waste my energy on not liking Patrick. The second that Shayla goes to bed, Mr. Korver’s all mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Took me a while... sorry!
The Bulls weren't playing... and Zak Bagans is currently on my TV lol

Leah & Kyle

comment pleeeease :D

KATIEEEE!