I Was Breathless by the Look in Your Eye

You Were Right

“Patrick! Calm down!” I said as he stalked through his apartment.

We fucking lost! Don't tell me to calm down!” He shouted, going back down the hall.

I went to follow him and as I neared the hallway, he turned to look at me. I got a sudden chill throughout my body as he stalked over to me. He didn't look like the Patrick I knew at all. This was a raging lunatic, and as he pressed me against the wall, I noticed that anger and depression in his eyes. He breath was hot as he pressed his face against mine, staring me down.

“Leave. me. Alone.” He growled.

“No, Patrick, you're going to get hurt.” I said weakly.

“Why the fuck do you care!? Why don't you go hang out with Jonathan!” He snapped. I gasped and used every muscle in my body to shove him away from me.

“Fuck you, Patrick! I've been nothing but nice to you through all of this playoff shit and this is how you're going to treat me!?” I snapped back.

“You haven't done shit except for sleep with my best friend!” He yelled, halfway down the hall.

Your a piece of shit and I should have listened to my sister!” I screamed after him. He flipped me off as he neared his bedroom, which in turn made me even more upset. As he shut the door, I picked up one of his Nike's and threw it at the door. It made a loud bang and dropped, leaving a scuff mark on the white door.

What the fuck!” He yelled, stomping towards me and practically throwing me against the way. My whole body stung as he yelled in my face. He raised his fist and I instantly regretted not listening to Leah. His fist collided with the wall by my head, leaving a fist sized hole next to me. He backed away for a second and rubbed his hand, which was bleeding down to his elbow.

“You........you would have hit me?” I squeaked, tears starting to spill down my face. He lifted his head and instantly his face softened. His eyes were full of fear.

“Shit.......Shit! Shayla, I'm sorry. Baby, I would never touch. God, please, I'm so sorry.” He said, standing up. He went to touch my cheek and I flinched. He stared at me in shock as a sob escaped my throat.

“Don't ever talk to me again.” I said, slipping past him and out the door. I could hear him calling after me but I continued down the hallway. I didn't have my car, it was at Leah's. I found myself calling Jonathan. He answered after two rings.

“Hey Shay, how's Kaner handling the loss?” He asked, sounding a little happier than Patrick was when they lost.

“Jonathan.....” I said slowly, then I let out another sob, collapsing onto the curb outside the building.

“Shayla, what's wrong? Are you okay?” He asked, suddenly becoming panicked.

“Can you bring me back to my sisters? Please?” I said, crying more.

“I'm in my car, wait outside. I'll be there as quickly as I can, I promise.” He said.

I hung up and hung my head, wiping my tears just as new ones formed. A few minutes later, a car came screeching into the parking lot. Jonathan's large black Chevy came to a quick stop and he jumped out, still in his suit from the game. He helped me to my feet and helped me into the car. As he got in, he got a text from Patrick. He read it quickly and his face twisted in anger as he threw his phone into the backseat. As we drove down the road, he continued to glance at me.

“Did he touch you?” He asked lowly, obviously pissed at Patrick.

“He.....no, he....punched the wall......near my head.” I said quietly, wiping my eyes on the sleeve of my hoodie.

Jonathan stayed silent as he pulled into the parking garage and helped me in the elevator all the way up to our suite. As I opened the door, Kyle and Leah were on the couch making-out. I don't need this right now. I was about to walk out but Leah was standing up. I turned to look at her and her face instantly changed from embarrassed to concerned. Jonathan had a tight grip on my waist as we walked inside.

“Oh god, Shayla. What happened to you?” She asked, coming closer and holding my face. She turned and glared at Jonathan, obviously thinking it was him.

“It's....Patrick. Leah, you were right. He almost hit me.” I squeaked as she pulled me into her arms.

“Oh, Shay. Oh my god.” She said, holding me against her, gently stroking my hair.

“can Jonathan stay?” I asked quietly. She looked over at him and nodded, looking back at me. “My back hurts.” I said, reaching for behind my shoulder. She and Jonathan exchanged looks before Jonathan gently lifted my hoodie. Leah gasped loudly and I heard her squeak, she was starting to cry as well.

“Did Patrick do this to you!?” Jonathan yelled, enraged by what I'm guessing was a large bruise forming.

“He threw me against the wall.” I said, suddenly feeling small.

He wrapped me up in his arms and held me against his chest. He eventually left to go home and get a few things while Leah and Kyle talked on the balcony, Kyle keeping a hawk like watch on me. When Jonathan came back, we sat on the couch and watched movies. Leah and Kyle came back in and sat with us.

“Shayla.......do you want us to report him to the police?” Kyle asked, looking over a Leah quickly.

“No........don't. He didn't touch me.” They both nodded and then stayed silent before going into their room. Why can't I just listen to my sister.
♠ ♠ ♠
OHHHHHHH DRAMA!!!!
I know PKane would never hit a lady :)

KYLEEEE!!!