I Was Breathless by the Look in Your Eye

Someone Got Talked Too

AH! I’m so excited for tonight! I’ve been waiting for this night for like… EVER! My sister’s coming to the basketball game tonight! She’s going to have so much fun! The United Center is just… amazing. And the Blackhawks play hockey there. She’s sold on it already! Not really, but… She’s still coming!

If you haven’t guessed by now, I’m a Chicago Luvabull. It’s their fancy name for a cheerleader. But I’m dancing in front of thousands of people every night. And of course in between time outs and halftime, I get to watch the wonderful game of basketball. What gets better than that? A whole lot of nothing!

“Shay, are you ready?” I called up the stairs as I was getting ready to leave.

“The game doesn’t start for another two hours. Why are we leaving so early?” she complained while stomping down the stairs.

“Because I need to get ready at the United Center… and I know if I left you, you wouldn’t come… and I would be very sad,” I pouted at her.

“What is with you tonight? Good God, woman,” she groaned.

“It’s game night! Get pumped!” I smiled, nearly jumping up and down.

“I wonder why I always hated cheerleaders,” she mumbled as I shoved her out the door.

I let that comment go. She’s just a little grouchy because she’s not going to see hockey. But tonight is going to be an awesome night! The Bulls are in the lead for the Eastern Conference division. This is huge! It’s going to be a packed house tonight. I’m pretty confident she’s going to have an awesome time.

Once we got there, I asked her if she wanted me to show her where he seat was. She said she’d find it. She looked a little intimidated by the huge building, but she’ll figure it out. I had to get ready for the game anyway!

As I was walking to the dressing room, someone bumped into me. They probably didn’t see me. I mean… I’m short compared to all of these huge basketball players! But this one I was glad to bump into. He’s cute!

Kyle Korver… California boy turned country… bright blue eyes and the biggest white smile that would make any girl melt. And to go along with those gorgeous looks, he’s the nicest guy I’ve ever met. He just needs to marry me now!

“I’m sorry, Leah,” he said quickly while putting his arm around me to steady me.

“It’s ok,” I told him through a smile while tucking my hair behind my ear.

“You’re ok right? I didn’t hurt you?” he questioned as we walked towards the dressing rooms together.

“No, I’m fine. Promise,” I assured him.

“Have a good game tonight,” he went on, flashing me yet another smile.

“Same to you,” I beamed before disappearing into the Luvabulls dressing room.

Once the door was shut, I walked over to my little section and fell into the chair, letting out a happy sigh. That boy is going to be the death of me.

“Oooo, someone got talked to by Kyle,” Mandy teased since she was next to me.

“Shut up,” I threw back at her, but it was still in that blissful sigh tone.

“You want that boy,” Chelsea went on to tease.

“Who wouldn’t?” I questioned.

“That is true. The boy’s fine,” Mandy agreed.

“Guess whose here tonight,” I started, smiling for a different reason now.

“Who?” Mandy and Chelsea asked at the same time.

“My sister!” I beamed.

“Aw,” they both replied.

They went on to ask about how she’s been doing in the big city. I used to talk about her all the time. I knew she had dreams of getting out of our hometown. What better place than Chicago? She’s still in that transfer period, but she’s adjusting quite well.

I didn’t have time to chat too long with the girls. It was show time! My adrenaline was pumping through my veins even more than any other night. I have my sister here! I hope I don’t fall on my face. Gosh that would be embarrassing… it would be in front of Kyle too! Oh gosh… now I’m really nervous.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so pumped on this story! :D
Love my KK lol :)

Leah

comment pleeease :D