I Was Breathless by the Look in Your Eye

Pleasantly Surprised

Shay cannot be into this guy. I’ve heard about him! And I don’t like him! I know he’s this ‘cute hockey stud’ but… not for my sister! If he gets aggressive and hurts her, I swear to God there will be hell to pay!

That’s the only thing I could think about as I was dancing around the court that night. But as the second half of the game rolled around, I kind of… forgot that my sister was here. Kyle was on fire! Every shot he took seemed to hit nothing but net. It was the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen.

“I think Korver has his own personal cheerleader,” Chelsea snickered while nudging me with her elbow as she spoke.

“He’s doing amazing,” I couldn’t help but smile.

She just looked at me with a little twinkle in her eye. I rolled my eyes and went about with our little routines as we sat. The Bulls ended up winning! Kyle had something like twenties points. It was the most amazing thing I had ever witness in this arena.

All of the girl trotted back to the dressing room and changed afterwards. I stayed back a little to converse about what had just gone down. Just because we’re pretty, doesn’t mean we don’t know anything about the sport. All of us have a love for basketball. I grew up playing it in school. You’re looking at a high school starting point guard! But I also love dance… a lot. But with this job, I get to combine the two.

“Hey, Leah,” Mandy smiled at me as she walked back into the room.

I looked at her oddly as I walked over with my bag slung over my shoulder. She continued to grin at me as I stepped towards her.

“What?” I asked, wrinkling up my brow in confusion.

“Someone wants to see you,” she smiled brightly.

“Who?” I asked, thinking it was my sister.

“I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised,” she went on, while pushing me towards the door.

I tried fighting back, but it just didn’t work. The door opened and I looked to my right to see… Kyle. Why’d he have to look so cute? I hate that rule that players have to be in formal dress before and after the games. Kyle looks too good right now!

“Hey,” I was able to get out. “Good came tonight,” I had to praise him.

“Thanks,” he grinned, showing off those pearly whites. “But anyway…” he started up as he stood up straight. “I wanted to ask you something,” he went on.

“I’m all ears,” I told him with a small smile.

“Well, you know I have this clothing line with my foundation and… I was wondering if you would want to do a photo shoot for the spring line that we have coming out,” he asked, having this cute little nervous tone to him.

“Are you serious?” I asked, unable to contain my full smile now.

“Yeah,” he chuckled.

“Of course,” I beamed.

“I’ll call you tomorrow with the details. We’re looking at next week since my brother’s in town and everything. He’ll be helping,” he explained.

“Alright. I’m really excited,” I told him.

“I am too. I’m glad you said that you’d do it. If you didn’t, I had no idea who would,” he laughed as we started walking to the garage.

“There’s other girls that would be jumping at this,” I told him.

“Yeah, but…” he started again, but never finished his thought as he shrugged.

Before I could question him, Shayla came into view. She smiled at me weakly as she matched Kyle and I’s steps. She kept quiet while Kyle and I still talked about his plans for his foundation. Can this guy be anymore perfect? He’s this NBA player that has the biggest heart. Know what his foundation is focused on? Kids! And he has that clothing to raise money for his foundation. Everything I learn about him, my little crush grows more and more.

“Is this your sister?” he asked once I was at my car.

“Oh yeah,” I was quick to respond. See what he does to me? “Kyle, this is Shayla. Shayla, this is Kyle,” I went on to introduce the two.

“Nice to meet you,” Kyle smiled at her. Little charmer.

“Same,” she smiled weakly.

Kyle and I went on to say our goodbyes before he walked over to his vehicle. With a quiet sigh, I lowered myself into the driver’s seat while Shayla did the same in the passenger.

The ride back home was quiet… I didn’t like it. The damn radio wasn’t even on. I didn’t even take notice to this until we were home and Shayla bolted her way inside. I let her go and got ready for bed. I was too happy to bring up anything about that… hockey guy. I didn’t want to ruin my mood that the basketball boy put me in.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know who else is amazing? Kyle Korver! He kind of distracted me as I wrote this lol even though the Bulls lost lol But I got it done!

comment pleeease :D