I Was Breathless by the Look in Your Eye

I Get More Friends Now!

I woke up the next morning to my phone buzzing on my nightstand. I grunted and rolled over, picking it up and seeing that it was only eight in the morning. I looked at the text and instantly woke up. It was from Patrick; I was wondering if you wanted to come watch my practice this morning? I smiled and rubbed my eyes before typing back an answer. I crawled out of bed and shower quickly, getting dressed and stepping out into the kitchen to see my sister reading the paper and drinking her coffee. Dammit. She noticed me all dressed and raised her eyebrow.

“I thought you didn't have classes on Fridays.” She asked.

“Oh I uh......don't.” I said, avoiding her stare.

“Well.......where are you going?” She asked. I swallowed and let out a sigh, that of course, sounded way too happy.

“To watch Patrick practice.” I said, feeling my smile start to form. Leah stayed quiet for a while, just staring at me. “I should get going. See you later!” I said quickly, grabbing my purse and running out the door.

I just knew by the look on her face, she did not like him. I pushed that thought aside as I hailed a cab, shivering against the cold, windy Chicago air. I had left my jacket in the rush to leave. When I got to the United Center, you couldn't even tell that there was a basketball game just last night. I made my way into the rink and sat near another large group of Blackhawks fans. A group of girls were seated just a few seats next to me and they were all staring at me. The guys were skating around and then Patrick got on the ice, the girls next to me squealing like idiots. I shook my head and they just got louder, as I noticed he skated right near the glass, waving at me, not them. HA!

“Oh my god! I think that's his girlfriend!” I heard one say, not so discretely.

“No way! The one from the Bulls game!?” Another one said. I finally turned to them, forcing myself to smile.

“Could you girls try and keep it down? I'm trying to watch.” I said. Their faces twitched as I turned back to watching the ice.

They were mostly quiet for the rest of the practice, except for the occasional whisper and giggle when Patrick skated by, looking right at me. By the end, I wanted to slap them but I restrained myself, even when security came over and asked me to come with them to the locker rooms. I could hear them giggling with each other and I rolled my eyes as the security guard escorted me out and then down a long hallway. He told me to wait and he stepped into the room and never came out. I looked up at the ceiling and hummed to myself while I waited. When the door opened again, Patrick was standing there, his hair tousled around and the strong smell of body wash and cologne filled the air around me. If he hugs me, I don't think I'll ever let go.

“I hope those fans weren't bothering you.” He said, walking closer and pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his middle and inhaled deeply. Nope, never letting go.

“No, they were fine.” I said, my voice slightly muffled by his body.

“Yeah, pictures of us at the game are kind of......everywhere.” He said, making me look up to see him grinning, a laugh hiding in his eyes.

“Hey, I get more friends now!” I said with a shrug, making him smile.

“Did your sister say anything?” He asked, letting go only to put his arm around my waist as we walked out into the cold.

“Nah. I left before she could say anything this morning.” I said.

“I understand where she's coming from. I have three sisters.” He said, stopping and leaning against his car.

“Jeez, I'm glad I have just one!” I said, making him laugh.

“Wanna come to lunch with me?” He asked.

I nodded and he smiled more, running over to the side of the car and opening the door for me. Just as he closed the door, my phone vibrated with a message from my sister. It had a photo attached of me just a few minutes ago, standing in front of the glass as Patrick made kissy faces, my face frozen mid-laugh. Care to explain this? was the message. I quickly threw my phone in my purse and let out a sigh. Well shit, word travels fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got wicked distracted by Kaner lol.
I kept watching the red wings player Franzen rip out Kaner's mouthguard hahahaha :)

Shayla

KYLAAAAAAAYYYYYY ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! wtf is wrong with me hahha