I Was Breathless by the Look in Your Eye

Someone Needs A Hug

Once the door slammed shut, I let out a heavy sigh. That wasn’t supposed to end that way. And Kyle was here! Out of all the times I could have brought him over, he has to witness this. I slowly brought my eyes up to him to see him sending me a smile.

“I have brothers,” he spoke up.

“Sometimes I wished I had a brother,” I huffed.

“Don’t say that,” he replied.

“Boys don’t get that emotional!”

“Why don’t you tell me what’s going on?” he suggested.

“Do I have too?” I groaned playfully as I led him over to the couch.

“Yes,” he chuckled, sitting next to me.

So… I went on to explain to him the little situation with Shayla and the… hockey boy. He appeared to be listening intently. I couldn’t really read anything that he may have been thinking. His eyes were just that calm blue shade.

“You’re a protective sister,” he teased once I finished.

“But he’s just wrong for her!” I complained.

“I’m the oldest of my three brothers. I’m the same way. You just need to let her go and do her thing for a while,” he replied.

“Yeah, but… you just don’t get it,” I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair.

“Well, tell me so I can get it,” he spoke up caringly.

“Guys like him are just bad news,” I huffed.

“Not necessarily.”

“Um… yeah necessarily,” I kind of snapped back.

“I have a feeling you’re holding back something,” he replied softly.

“Yeah, but… I haven’t known you long, so I can’t tell you,” I mumbled as I got up and walked into the kitchen to get something to drink.

I opened the fridge to find a SoBe lifewater. I took it and started sipping on it, hoping I left all of the awkwardness out in the living room… but it followed me. Kyle was now joining me in the kitchen. He walked over and leaned against the counter that seemed to be too small for him with his tall fram.

“You were the first person that I talked to outside of the team when I got traded to the Bulls. I know I’m not your best friend, but… I like to think I’m a good friend that you can tell stuff to,” he spoke up.

Why’d he have to say that? Now I feel like I have to tell him my whole damn life story. Kyle and I have always had this great friendship. Sure I thought he was so cute, but… he’s an awesome person that I trusted. I just… can’t bring myself to tell people about my past relationships.

“Leah, you can talk to me,” he went on after a few seconds of me not saying anything.

“Just… guys like this Patrick guy that Shay is interested in haven’t treated me right in the past,” I sighed, unable to bring my eyes up to his gorgeous blue ones.

“Not every single guy is going to be exactly the same,” he replied.

“I know, but… he doesn’t do anything to change my mind set,” I huffed.

Without saying anything, he walked over and gently lifted me up onto the counter opposite of the one that he had been leaning against. This pretty much forced me to look up into his eyes… and I didn’t like it! I felt this soothing comfort in them.

“I don’t know what you’ve been through with these guys you’re talking about, but… they’re all not the same. Trust me,” he spoke gently with his soft hands on both of my shoulders.

“But she’s my sister, Kyle,” was the only thing I could get out.

“I know… and I get that. You want your younger siblings to be with someone that’s not going to hurt them and treat them right. But… you’re not going to be there forever. You need to let them choose who they want to be with,” he said.

I just sighed again and rubbed my hands over my face. I care about my sister… and I never want a boy to come between us, but… URG!

“Someone needs a hug,” Kyle smiled before wrapping his beefy arms around me in a tight embrace.

I actually smiled as I hugged up to him more. He wanted to hang out after practice. I didn’t think we’d have this type of conversation… and I’m trying not to like this guy more than I am, but… he’s making this pretty damn hard right now. But I need to get on good terms with my sister first before I start thinking about getting involved with a guy right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I slept like all day yesterday lol and when I finally got online Katie wasn't on and she didn't make a polyvore set for her last chapter so I'm like.. ok she didn't update yet.. cool ima go back to sleep lol. But when I actually checked it was like 10 at night and I couldn't focus on an update. but it's done now! yay :D

Leah

comment pleeeease :D

KATIEEE! I actually find it funny that we're not writing about Aussies and Katie still referes to me as a Kangaroo lol