Status: Active :) This story is moderately short, it's only 40-45 chapters long

Memories

Driving Me Crazy

“Holy shit” Cliff exclaimed. “DEEEERR!” a random animal jumped out in front of Nick’s car. If Cliff hadn’t of freaked out, Nick probably would have hit the deer, but because of the sudden distraction Nick quickly swerved out of the way and hit a telephone pole on the side of the street.

“Shit” Nick screamed. We didn’t know how to respond to that. Nick leaned over to Cliff in the driver’s seat and slapped him silly. “You little shit, you totaled my car!!”

“It wasn’t me it was the deer!”

Nick was red, and pretty angry, then he turned to the three of us in the back seat. “You guys okay?” we nodded.

“What do we do?” Jay asked.

“Well it’s 10 at night, on a school night, and we crashed a car literally down the street from the school, there gonna think we were up to something”

“Well if someone hides the drugs they can’t assume anything” I start.

“How do we hide drugs, I have a record!” Nick exclaimed. “I was just smoking literally 20 minutes ago!”

“Let’s be realistic Nick, you have no feelings for wild life, clearly you crashed the car because your high” Nick made an attempt to grab Eric’s tee shirt but couldn’t reach him. “I rest my case”

“We should open up a law practice together someday” I joked. We both laughed.

A cop car pulled up behind them, with it’s sirens on.

“Ok, would a cop car pull up behind us with it’s sirens on if we didn’t do something wrong?” I asked.

“No…Jay what did you do?” Nick took the weed out of his pocket and threw it at me. I quickly stuck it in my bra. The only place a police officer wouldn’t check.

“Fuck it’s a lady copper!” Cliff exclaimed

“I can’t have the weed them, someone hide it in their boxers or something”

“No!” they all exclaimed. Why was I stuck with the illegal drugs?

The cop came up next to the drivers window, she flashed a flash light into the car to examine all of our faces.

Jay and Eric were beat red, while I was slightly nervous. Cliff was looking out the window, trying not to panic as he saw the hood of the car smoking, and Nick, well he was Nick, he was making jokes, trying to distract her.

“Get out of the car” he told us. “I’ll give you guys a ride back home” we all finally got to breath.

Instead of going home Jay and Nick and Eric came over my house while the cop took Cliff home last to his home town about 10 minutes away.

“That was close” Nick said. He reached into my shirt and grabbed the weed. He pulled out some skins and prepared a blunt on my dining room table.

“Really?” I asked.

“Were all friends here aren’t we?”

“No not about that, you can violate me if you want to” I joked, of course Eric didn’t find that funny, but Jay took the pleasure of grabbing onto my boob. “I don’t appreciate you smoking weed after we almost got arrested” the first reaction was for Eric to take Jay’s hand off my boob, then he put his own hand on my butt.

Of course no one can take me seriously when two guys are fighting over what body parts to touch. But this side of Eric instead of the sweet side of Eric was more interesting.



I walked into school slowly. I looked around. It looked clearly.

I put my straw down and headed upstairs to my new sophomore locker. Just as I got into the school I felt something hit the back of my head.

I turned around and saw Nick, standing their with his spit ball straw raised.

“Ambush!” I exclaimed. Everyone turned to me, and since I was in the senior hall way I got strange looks, I ran down the hall toward the sophomore hall. I put my things in my new locker then proceeded to take cover.

Lacey was wondering why I was hiding behind a wall when she got into school. “Bomb scare?” she asked. I shook my head.

“We were bored last night so my mom gave us a bunch of straws and a ton of paper she wanted to recycle and told us to go crazy. She didn’t realize that we would make a mess of her house and start a spit ball war that escalated into every man for himself” Lacey giggled.

“I’m surprised at you, An, your actually a little more…reckless then you were at the end of freshman year” I shrugged.

“Hanging out with Nick all summer does that to you” she smiled and hugged me.

“Well, have fun, I’ll see you in band” she walked away. I got back to being on the look out.

“ANYA!” someone exclaimed, that made me jump. I turned around to see Eric. He stood next to me. I immediately attacked him with a spitball, it was just a reflex.

Of course I had amazing aim and hit him right between the eyes.

“Your good” he told me.

“I didn’t mean to fire!” I surrendered.

He raised his straw. I ran down the hall way, I unfortunately collided right into Jay. We both fell right over.

I quickly got up and ran passed him, he didn’t bother attacking me, considering he was being attacked by Eric.

I made my way down the junior hall way. I saw Nick at the end of the hall. I raised my straw and shot. Nick had such fast reflexes that he dodged all my attacks.

Unfortunately I ran out of ammunition, that’s what he wanted. He hit me once in the back, but to score points in our war it had to be from the waist up on the front of the body.

So I got away safely. Unfortunately for him Jay and Eric were still following me, and Nick got completely attacked.

I made my way back to my locker.

This time last year I would be watching Damon and Lacey make out in the hall way, now I was ditching Lacey for my new best friends, ones I actually felt comfortable around. A group of friends where I could be myself or experiment in different ways with my personality.

Over the summer I changed a lot, all my life up to now I’ve been a total sweetheart, just a shy girl in a small town. Now I’m just reeking havoc in this town. I’m loud, I’m obnoxious, I’m a little slutty, I smoke weed sometimes. I’m a mess, and I have to admit, I kind of like it. I love living on the reckless side of things.

Damon came up to me in the hall. “hey Anya, have you seen Lace?”

“She’s already at band” I told him, completely out of breath.

“What happened to you?” he had to take a step back to review the new me. “Anya, are you aware your wearing a skirt?” I looked down at my black denim skirt I was wearing, with lace leggings underneath. I nodded.

“I’m experimenting”

“Why are you panting?” he asked.

“I’ve been running around the school”

He shook his head, he felt my forehead. “Anya, I’m sorry but you’ve gone mad”

“What?”

“I thought this phase with Nick would end when you broke up with Jay, but your still friends with them?” I nodded.

“There like my brothers”

“What about Eric?”

“I’m still dating him, we’ve been dating for two and a half months now” he shook his head. “I don’t regret anything. I regret letting Lacey’s words of discouragement get to me, I’m at home now” I closed my locker and headed to band.

Life was really good.
♠ ♠ ♠
(Anya’s outfit towards the end of the chapter: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=29927729)

the lyrics in the short description our by Sam Adams in the rap song "Driving me crazy" it's a really good song. And he's from the same state i'm from :D