To Find the Lie, We Must Discard the Truth

“You believed me, every single lie.”

November seventh. The day couldn’t come any earlier, or at a worse time. Veronica was home for the weekend because we had some business party to go to. Which, all in all, wasn’t too terrible. It was just another party like any other. People asked us about the wedding and our life together. Our answers sounded like they had been practiced, “oh the wedding plans have been going great. Nothing has come up to mess with the day and we’re just excited to finally get the day over with.”

The same answer at least fifty times. Veronica could tell I didn’t want to be here. Hell, my parents knew I didn’t want to be here. But we didn’t have a choice. If I was going to take over the business, I had to know these people.

By midnight, we were allowed to go home. We were silent on the ride back, since she knew I really didn’t want to talk about it. “Tomorrow, we’re going to spend time together.” she tells me as I unlock the front door.

“you’re not going to head back?” I ask.

“at night, maybe.” She wraps her hands around my neck, “but you and I haven’t hung out alone in awhile. I really need that.”

I smile down at her, “of course. Anything specific?”

“I have some things in mind. You’ll find out tomorrow though.”

“okay. How about we sleep now then? I’m honestly exhausted.”

We walk upstairs together and crash onto the bed. She fell asleep within minutes. Me? It took half the night. The only thing on my mind was a certain girl. A girl who is now officially eighteen.

My eyes flutter open from the light shining in. I glance at the clock and find that it’s just after ten in the morning. Veronica stirs next to me, cuddling closer to my side. I kiss her forehead before trying to slip out of bed.

“mmm, don’t go.”

I laugh, “Veronica, I need to use the bathroom.”

She shakes her head no, “I’m too comfy.”

“you’re too comfy for me to go pee?”

Veronica nods her head and I chuckle, “sweetie, I’ll be back in a second. You won’t even notice I was gone.”

Slowly, she lets go of me and I climb out of bed. “What time is it?” she calls out once I enter the bathroom.

“ten!” I answer.

When I reenter the room Veronica isn’t there. I put on some clothes and head downstairs to find her in the kitchen. “you trying to kill me?”

“what? Not even close honey. I’m making breakfast.”

I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her close, “you are making breakfast?” I whisper against her ear.

“my-my roommate has been teaching me how to cook.”

“really?”

“yeah.”

“so what are you making?”

“eggs.”

“what kind of eggs?”

“scrambled.”

“scrambled eggs. Okay. I’ll trust that you can do that.” I let go of her and walk over to the counter, taking a seat. I must say that she looks quite attractive wearing one of my shirts and cooking breakfast. The shirt stopped at the top of her thighs, showing off her long legs. Her hair was still messy from sleep, and she had absolutely no make-up on. I know girls hate looking that way, but damn it’s hot.

When she’s finished, she brings the plate over and sets it in front of me. Nothing looked wrong with it so I take a bite. The first thing I taste is salt.

Veronica looks at me hopeful as I swallow the first bit. “how is it?”

“um, it’s good.” I answer, smiling at her.

“you hate it don’t you?”

“no, no. it really is good.”

She stares at me and takes the fork, eating some of it for herself. “Ryan! That tastes terrible!” she hits me on the chest and I just laugh.

“well, I can’t exactly tell my fiancée that she can’t cook.”

“I tried. Guess you’ll just have to be the perfect house-wife.”

“oh, are you going to get me an apron and everything?”

“pink gloves to wash the dishes with too, don’t forget about those.”

I kiss her on the lips, tasting the salt from the eggs. “are you actually hungry?” I ask, my lips pressed against her neck.

“no. have something else in mind?”

I lift her legs so that they wrap around my waist, her body now much closer to me than before. “well, we could go back upstairs.” I mumble against her skin.

Veronica pulls back and looks at me, “are you suggesting what I think you’re suggesting Ryan?”

“I’m sugges-” she didn’t let me finish my sentence. Instead she drops her legs and sprints up stairs.

I stand there for a second, laughing, before chasing after. I search the upstairs until I finally find her in one of the guest bedrooms. “thought you could get away so easily?”

“of course I can.” She says smirking, but not making a move. I take a couple steps forward and she moves to the side, jumping onto the bed. I lunge toward her and grab her around the waist, tossing her over my shoulder. “okay! You win!” she says.

I walk to our room and drop her on the bed before crawling over her. Being the impatient girl she is, she leans up and presses her lips to mine. What started out slow became quite fast and passionate.

Her hand roamed my body, stopping at the hem of my shirt and slowly lifting it up, sliding it over my head. I run my hands down her body and under the shirt she was wearing

“Ryan,” she moans quietly, “are you sure?”

I smile since usually that’s the question the guy asks, “are you?” I reply/ Veronica nods and smiles up at me. “That’s good. Because,” I move my lips down to her leg and start kissing my way up, “I,” My eyes scan what’s ahead of me and I notice that she has a small scar there. “Love,” it’s then that I see them. All the scars up and down her left leg.

“You.” The last word that escaped my mouth came out anything but lovingly. More like hatred. I get off her quickly, watching as her eyes widen in shock. Did she think I wouldn’t notice? Did she think I wouldn’t remember?

I should be happy, I know I should be. But honestly, that was the last thing I was feeling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I already have the next chapter written. So...FIVE(5) comments from different people (not five from the same person), and you guys will get the chapter. As soon as I see those, I'll upload.
COMMENT.SUBSCRIBE.BEFRIEND.PROMOTE.
PLEASE.
<3 justrealizelife
Title song: Feels Like tonight by Daughtry