Status: Active

"Action Man Says He's Coming."

Chapter 20: “I’m not injury prone! I’m prone to doing stupid shit that gets me injured."

Jessi opened her eyes to find she was being carried bridal by some one into the ARC. She looked up to see that it was Becker. That wasn’t a big surprise. He looked down at her and smiled relieved.

“You’re awake!” he said.

He jostled her a little bit as he opened the door to her office. She sucked in a sharp breath.

“I’m sorry. It’ll be alright. I’ll get you fixed up,” he told her setting her on her on the stainless steal island in the middle of the room. He grabbed a pillow for her head and fussed around like a mother hen.

“I forgot how much of an over protective pain in the ass you get when this happens,” she chuckled.

“Well some one needs to take care of your injury prone self when you hurt self,” he countered looking for the med kit. Her bandages had already soaked through.

“I’m not injury prone! I’m prone to doing stupid shit that gets me injured. There’s a difference,” she argued. “Beside if anyone else were scurrying around me like a mother hen like you I wouldn’t be such a well mannered patient,” she threatened good-naturedly. They both knew it was her weird way of showing affection.

“I have no doubt of that,” he smirked putting the kit next to her. He pulled out the scissors and began cutting her shirt away until she just had her bra on.

“This would be very kinky if I wasn’t bleeding like a stuck pig,” she smirked.

Becker just put on an amused smile before becoming serious again. “This is going to hurt,” he said apologetically.

“Yea I know. Let’s get it over with,” she said gritting her teeth.

Becker cut the sloppily made bandage and pulled it off. Jessi screamed in pain. He had a pained, apologetic look on his face. Becker began cleaning the gash with hydrogen peroxide, the only disinfectant in the kit. She let out the occasional groan. Lester came in soon after.

“What in the Hell is going on…here?” he said looking at them.

“It’s not what you think,” she said trying to smirk but groaned instead.

“Oh my God, are you alright?” he said hurrying to her side.

“Awe Lester you do have a heart, even if it is three sizes too small,” she joked.

“Is she always like this?” Lester asked Becker. He was not amused by her joke, but it seemed Becker was trying not to be.

“Actually she’s being better than normal,” he answered.

Lester rolled his eyes. “How did this happen?” Jessi held up her hand to tell him to wait a moment.

Becker had just finished disinfecting the wound and was helping Jessi sit up. He proceeded to neatly wrap it. She hissed and he pulled it tight.

After she took a few deep breaths she was ready. “We had a large theropod come through.”

“I know, Jenny already told me. She was explaining what had happened when I heard you screaming like a banshee. I had to come investigate,” he explained.

“Well I took on the G-rex as a gorgonopsid,” she smiled innocently.

He sighed and shook his head then walked out of the room. Jessi and Becker chuckled.

“Ouch!” she groaned holding her side. “Laughing hurts,” she pouted.

“Awe you poor thing,” he smiled and pulled her close. “I’m just glad you’re ok.”

“I’m sorry if I worried you,” Jessi said hugging him back.

“You scared the Hell out of me love,” he said seriously taking her face in his hands.

“I’m really sorry,” she said looking into his rich, brown eyes.

He pressed his lips to hers forcefully. She gave in to him and let him show her just how scared he’d been.

“I understand your job is to protect the team. But please! Please don’t ever do that to me again,” he said lowly.

“I’ll try,” she replied.

Becker just rested his forehead against hers.

“Are you ok baby?” she asked him.

“Yea. I was just terrified I was going to loose you,” he assured her.

“Hell Beck you’ve patched me up with worse before,” she smiled at him.

“Well not with worse but yea,” he chuckled. “Do you remember when you slipped and twisted your ankle so badly?”

“Yea, how could I forget?” she laughed. “I was trying to save you if I’m not mistaken”.

“I had to carry you back to base and you were not at all happy about it,” he smiled.

“Well I don’t like being saved.”

“You don’t mind when I save you.”

“Well you’re different. I like you…a lot,” she admitted.

“The feeling’s mutual,” he smiled.

She smiled and rested her head on his well-muscled chest. He wrapped his arms around her.

“Let’s get you home love,” Becker said.

She nodded. He kissed her and helped her to her car and drove her back to her house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi ya'll! Hope you like it. I wanted this one to have a bit more romance to make up for torturing poor Becker .Big thanks to Love You to Death. andannamoonstone for their comments!!

Ice Cat