Status: Expect Updates!

A Team of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Chapter 47 a little Russian Romance

Jake's POV

I sat down on the beach. Katrina wanted to go snorkeling and since we had nothing better to do I went with her. She sat down next to me, hair wet, looking very good in that bikini she was wearing. We both just laid on the beach.

"Makes it easy to forget that there's a war going on." I said.

"What is it like?" She asked me.

"Terrifying. The enemy is cunning and frightening. I haven't seen too much combat but what I have I've never been so scared."

She sat up on her arm. Then stood up obviously disturbed. I walked after her. We came to the top of a large hill and she slipped, I grabbed her but was pulled down too. We rolled down the hill like you see in one of those cheesy romantic comedy's. When we stopped she was laying on top of me. Our faces got closer and closer. Suddenly her face scrunched up in pain and she screamed.

"Jesus, are you alright?" I asked panicked.

"Something stung me!" She said.

I noticed a jellyfish next to her. I picked her up and took her back to the house. J.D. treated her up and she showered and put some clothes on. Isaiah, J.D, and Ichabod had to go to the main island for some reason. So it was Katrina and I all alone.

We put on a movie, The Birdcage . She put her head on my lap and snuggled into me.

About half way into the movie we grew hungry. I figured I would start dinner. I looked in the fridge and found a few frozen pizza's. I preheated the oven and put them in, setting the timer. When they were done I cut them and took a couple of slices to Katrina. She thanked me and began to eat.

After we had finished we sat there in silence. It was kind of awkward.

"You wanna talk about what happened on the beach?" I asked.

"I don't know what came over me." She replied looking away from me.

"Its fine."

"No its not I overstepped my boundaries."

I moved next to her and she was fretting.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." She said.

She kept rambling on and on and I did the one thing I knew would silence her. I kissed her, and it felt right.