Status: Active

An Array of Colors

Silver

“You did what???” I yelled into the phone.

“I just called Cobalt.”

“How the hell did you even know about him, let alone his number?!”

I heard her sigh from the other side of the phone.

“You know there’s such a thing as a phonebook Silver.”

“That still doesn’t explain how you even found out that we were seeing each other. The day we came out!”

“You need to calm down Silver, it was for your benefit. And besides, you know about my dreams and premonitions.”

“Yeah Vi, I guess I just didn’t think you’d ever go to such lengths as to call my boyfriend.”

“I really don’t see what the big deal is, I was just calling to help. But if you don’t want my help…”

I sighed. I was kind of being unreasonable. After all, it was to help me.

“No, I do. Just consult me next time, ok?”

“Yeah, yeah…”

I could almost hear her rolling her eyes as she hung up.

I missed Violet and her crazy antics. She was always so interesting and amusing. I was glad she finally called though. I never got to hear from her. She was so erratic and only called when she saw it fit. It was on a whimsical basis and she always blocked her number. That was how I knew it was her.

I hope that Cobalt didn’t find her too strange or creepy. It was just her personality. Not something that she could really help, and she didn’t realize it was confusing for people. But everyone still loved her.

I sighed again and got ready for school. I didn’t know what was with Violet and calling me way too early in the morning, but it was annoying.

I walked to Cobalt’s house, since he was driving me to school now and I knew he liked getting there early. He was probably wondering why I wasn’t there yet. But he could deal.

As I arrived at his house he came sprinting out and planted a warm welcome kiss on my lips. A light blush tinted my cheeks. We were in public. Anyone could look out their window and see two boys kissing. What was he thinking?

I think he noticed my hesitation because he pulled back.

“Is everything okay?”

“Yeah, it’s just…people can see us.”

I saw his face fall a bit as he realized we were in the open.

“I was hoping it wouldn’t matter since we already came out as boyfriends…”

Hesitating, I thought it over. I mean, what did I have to lose? But I don’t think I was ready for flaunting our relationship. It was already a big step that I came out, couldn’t he just accept that?

“Sorry, I just need a little more time,” I told him, regretfully.

He pursed his lips and I felt bad. But he had to respect my decision.

“Okay.”

We drove in silence to school, but it wasn’t too awkward. Just a teeny bit. And I knew it was my fault…

“Cobalt!!! Hi! We heard about you and Silver so we decided to get here early.”

I watched as three girls jumped onto Cobalt. I felt so out of place with them around. I was the outsider once again.

“Um, guys, this is Silver.”

“We know. Remember, we have three classes with you?” the blond one asked.

I squinted my eyes, concentrating. I think I remembered them…Well, two of them at least. I didn’t remember the girl who seemed on the outside. The other two had their arms wrapped around each other’s waists.

“Yeah, I remember you two,” I said pointing to them.

“I’m Fawn,” the other girl said.

She was pretty and soft looking, but she still seemed as if she had some hidden strength.

“I’m Iris, and this is Amber. In case you don’t remember our names,” the blond one spoke again.

A blush spread across my face, seeing as I hadn’t recalled their names.

“So, come with us to the mall instead of staying here. You know you don’t want to be here today.”

Cobalt looked at me and I looked back. I really didn’t care, but I didn’t want to go without him because I barely even knew these people. He just shrugged and followed the girls as they walked out the door. The security here was so bad that they didn’t even notice.

We piled into Cobalt’s van because he was the only one that had brought a car today. The girls said they had all walked together.

It would be interesting to see how today went.

“Ohmigod! We have to check out this clothing store!” Amber squealed as we passed a formal wear store.

We all walked in and Cobalt and I watched as they picked out dresses to try on.

“Here! Try it on!”

I looked at the dress Iris was handing to me in astonishment. I didn’t expect that she would want me to put on a dress or anything like that…Might as well be a sport though…

I walked into the men’s dressing room and pulled the dress on over my head. Looking in the mirror I saw that I actually didn’t look that bad in a dress. Strutting out, laughing, I displayed myself to the three girls as Cobalt walked out of the dressing room in a matching dress.

I cracked up as I saw him walking out.

The girls were all on the floor with hysterics at seeing us.

“Wow, Silver! You actually look like a girl,” Iris was exclaiming as she got up.

I flamed up and ran back into the dressing room with Cobalt right on my heels. We fell into each other laughing still and quickly got changed back into our clothes.

When we got out I saw that Iris and Amber were in the dressing room.

“They said they were going to be a while and they would meet up with us later.”

I felt bad for Fawn. She was like a fifth wheel. I didn’t know if Iris and Amber were together but even if they weren’t she still seemed on the outside.

“Let’s go to the food court. I’m getting kind of hungry.”

I followed Fawn and Cobalt as they walked, not knowing my way around yet.

We met back up with them after we were done eating and made our way to a movie. This was a really pleasing day. And hopefully the end would be just as good.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was longer than usual to make up for lack of update. :D
Thanks to MyCornerOfTheWoods and cameron liddell;. And yes it was Silver's best friend! :)
Comment and subscribe.