Status: Active

An Array of Colors

Silver

I looked across the room at him. We were sitting here awkwardly trying to think of a topic we could both relate to. And he looked so damn cute with that smudge of yellow paint across his cheek.

I smiled at how cute he was. I bet Violet would love to hear about him. If she were still talking to me…

I sighed.

“Is something wrong?”

“What? Oh, I just miss my friend.”

“We could write about that…”

“Well, I guess. But I don’t really see how it’s internal…”

He looked at floor as if avoiding my eyes.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. I just don’t think we’re getting much done.”

I sighed again. Maybe we would have to get a little deeper and tell each other about personal stuff. I didn’t really see how this would work out otherwise.

“If you promise not to tell anyone I can tell you a secret.”

“Yeah, I have no one to tell anyway,” he muttered.

“I’m pretty sure everyone that’s even remotely smart already knows this, but I really am gay.”

“Um, yeah, I did. But I’m honored that you decided to come out to me.”

“See, I didn’t come out here because that’s why I’d been driven out of my old home. And I guess I was kind of hoping it was just a phase.”

He looked at me curiously.

“How did you figure out it wasn’t a phase?”

I blushed and looked at the floor. There was no way I was telling him about my crush on him.

“Just a guy…”

I wasn’t sure if I was imagining it or if his face fell. I am really bad at reading other people when I’m nervous.

My eyes were again drawn to that smudge of yellow paint across his face. Licking my thumb I reached out and wiped it off.

“You look really cute when you’re all messy,” I whispered, leaning a little closer for a second.

If he closed the distance okay and if he didn’t we were just friends.

I held my breath as he slowly inched closer before our lips made contact. We just sat like that for a minute, no tongue involved. Just innocence and sweet bliss.

I pulled back and let out a breath before closing the distance again. This time a little more heated, but still sweet. The hint of a rough undertone was teasing me and I moved slightly closer. Closing my eyes a picture of us painted itself out in front of me. I could see us sitting on a park bench laughing together, sitting holding hands. I could see us sitting in the sand on a beach towel eating ice cream. I could see us sitting in the movie theater sharing a bowl of popcorn. I could see us with a little kid, chasing him throughout the house. I saw a tapestry of our future hanging in front of me, and that feeling lingered even after he pulled away.

It was like nothing I’d ever felt before. If I’d never believed in true love before this would be the time I’d start. I knew I didn’t love him yet, but I knew that in time, if given the chance, I would. And I hoped I’d be given that chance.

Maybe sometime that painting in my head could brush itself onto the canvas of real life, but for now I’d just settle. I did barely know him, and this could all be a naïve dream. I’d have to see how it played out, and this was all counting on whether Cobalt was on board or not. If he was I couldn’t wait to get to know him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I probably shouldn't update three times in a day because I'll run out of juice but I just couldn't resist!
I hope I'll get something else up in the next two days, because this is definitely the last for today.
Cutesy little chapter. This is going to be more romantic than sexual, but there will be a few scenes. I'm just going to take my time because I want something sensual. So don't expect just because they kissed that they're going to start doing sexual things soon.
I just love how cute they are! I want to see my life like that someday. You looking for that kind of thing too?