Status: New ideas!

Now I'm Haunted

CH.7

Nick's POV 
"Baby you have to come back to me."- I whispered to Staci as I brushed her hair out of her face. The heart monitor heated rhythmically, which was a good sign but she was pale and I still haven't heard from the doctor. I know she's pregnant for sure though. I just have this feeling and she has a tiny baby bump. I heard a soft knock and turned around. 
"Mr. Jonas? (I nodded) Hello I'm doctor Mason."- He said as he shook my hand. 
"So how bad is she?"- I sighed. 
"I actually have some questions for you first. She's your wife correct?"
"Yes."- I said confused. 
"How did you let her get this way? She's pregnant with your child!"
"You don't understand. She left her family!"
"Why would she leave?"
"We had some issues and she has her own issues."
"Like psychological issues?"
"Yes it's hard to explain, but I came her to find her and to bring her back to her family. She wanted to kill herself. She didn't believe she was pregnant until I said something to her. I tried to find her sooner, I already blame myself. I just want her to be ok. I want to take her home to her daughter!"- I started crying. 
"Well I'm sorry. She's going to have to stay here for a while. For one she has pneumonia, she's very undernourished...which is putting stress on the baby. We have a feeding tube so they both can get stronger. The baby is still young but even weaker than she is. And since she has many cuts on her wrists and you even said she wanted to end her life, she'll have to have a mental evaluation by one of our psychologist if she wakes up."- He said looking away. 
"If!?"- I almost yelled. 
"Mr. Jonas you need to calm down. You don't want to startle her."
"Well now she may not ever wake up!"
"I didn't say that. Her body is trying to recover, I do believe she is in a coma. But I see promising signs that she'll wake up. I'll be back to check on her in a little."- He sighed before walking out. More tears fell down my face as I looked at her; she's so beautiful. 

-------- 
"Joe I don't know what to do!"- I sighed into the phone as I watched doctors examine her again. 
"I wish I could help you Nick. All I know is that Bella really wants to see you and her mom."- Joe said sadly. 
"She can't see Staci like this. I don't know if Staci will be able to come home anytime soon. Joe she's so sick and broken."
"Don't blame yourself. Nick you did everything you could to help her."
"I should've know she was in a bad place and that she was going to leave."
"Didn't I just say not to blame yourself! Nick maybe the doctor is right, she might need professional help. Look you need to focus on her, and she might be ok when she wakes up. I can keep Bella happy for a while."
"But Bella needs me...she needs her mom too."
"Well you will be here as soon as you can and Staci will get better."- Joe assured me. I stayed quiet as I watched Staci through the glass. The doctor checked her monitor, before she stirred a little and opened her eyes. 
"Joe I think she's waking up; thank you."- I said quietly before hanging up. I ran through the door and up to her bedside. 
"Mr. Jonas I can only allow you to stay for a little.  I'm going to get the psychologist."- The doctor said quietly. Staci's looked at me wide eyed as I handed her some water. 
"How are you feeling?"- I asked. She looked at me for another second and then looked away. 
"Staci; I know you think bad things are going to happen, but you're safe now. You will be able to come home soon and we can be a family again. You, me, Bella and our new baby that's growing inside of you."- I smiled. I reached for her stomach and she pushed my hand away. My heart burned as she stayed silent. I didn't know what to do until the psychologist kicked me out. Thoughts ran through my head as I paced the hall. Why can't we be happy?