Status: New ideas!

Now I'm Haunted

CH.9

Nick's POV
"Bella tell your dad to stop playing with his food."- Joe said loudly, trying to snap me out of my haze.
"Daddy it's yummy!"- She giggled with her mouth full.
"Bella do not eat with your mouth full!"-I snapped.
"Sorry."- She pouted.
"Nick maybe you should have some alone time downstairs."- Joe glared.
"Sorry for yelling Bells."- I sighed as I got up.
"It's ok."-She smiled, she was just happy to get my attention.
"You're the best daughter in the world."- I said before kissing the top of her head.
"Well you're the best daddy and Uncle Joey is the best uncle!"- She smirked; I ruffled her curls and headed downstairs.
My Gibson guitar was glowing, drawing me close. My finger tips tingled as I reached for it. All my hurt and love need to be expressed in one of the only ways I know...too bad I can't think of anything new to express. It just won’t come out on paper. I took a deep breath and held back my tears.
"I want someone to love me
For who I am
I want someone to need me
Is that so bad?
I wanna break all the madness
But it's all I have.
I want someone to love me
For who I am

Nothing makes sense, nothing makes sense anymore
Nothing is right, nothing is right when your gone.
I'm losing my breath, I'm losing my right to be wrong
I'm frightened to death, I'm frightened that I won't be strong

I want someone to love me
For who I am
I want someone to need me
Is that so bad?
I wanna break all the madness
But it's all I have
I want someone to love me
For who I am

I'm shaking it off, I'm shaking off all of the pain.
You're breaking my heart, breaking my heart once again

I want someone to love me
For who I am
I want someone to need me
Is that so bad?
I wanna break all the madness
But it's all I have
I want someone to love me
For who I am

I want someone to love me
For who I am
I want someone to need me
Is that so bad?
I wanna break all the madness
But it's all I have
I want someone to love me
For who I am

Yeah, who I am."

I dropped my guitar while tears poured down my face. I want my life back. I need more than a song to make me happy.
"Daddy that was such a pretty song."- I heard Bella say quietly. I turned around to see her on the basement staircase. I scrambled to wipe off my tears; I have to be strong for her.
"Hi Bells."- I said as she walked over.
"That song was for mommy, right? I really want to go see her."- She sighed.
"Bella you don't even understand..."
"Daddy!"- She whined.
"I can't change this Bella! As much as I want her home, she can't be here now!"- I started crying. She just crawled into my arms and cried with me. I shouldn’t even involve her in stuff like this. She too young.

-----

"Hi angel, we miss you so much. Bella isn't doing so well. You need to snap out of this, please."- I whispered to her. She didn't move, she just sat there with her hands on her stomach as she stared out the window. The doctor said she's in good health and is about 3 and a half months along. She only has scars on her wrists and they're feeding her through a tube. However, she has yet to say a word. "I hope you don't mind, but I brought my guitar. I thought you'd like some music..."
My fingers started strumming as I gazed upon her.

"It's hard to believe,
Where we are now.
Your hand in mine, babe,
Feels right somehow.
the night is so still
So don't make a sound.
Cause its almost perfect, baby
So, promise you"ll never look down.

cuz we've had our past, i know
just leave that behind.
Cause none of it lasts,
All that we have is tonight.

Cause you're not the only one,
Who's ever felt this way.
Don't let the world cave in,
Just tell me that you'll stay.

Now that the pain is done,
theres No need to be afraid.
We don't have time to waste,
Just tell me that you'll stay.

Beautiful, one of a kind.
You're something special babe,
And you don't even realize
That your my hearts desire.

all Ineed and more
girl I know you're scared,
But I promise, babe,
I'm not who I was before.

Cause you're not the only one,
Who's ever felt this way.
Don't let the world cave in,
Just tell me that you'll stay.

Now that the pain is done,
No need to be afraid.
We don't have time to waste,
Just tell me that you'll stay.

Cause you're not the only one,
Who's ever felt this way.
Don't let the world cave in,
Just tell me that you'll stay.

Now that the pain is done,
no need to be afraid.
We don't have time to waste,
Just tell me that you'll stay.

Tell me, tell me you'll stay.
No, tell me.
Tell me that you'll stay."

Nothing. If I didn’t love her so much, I’d give up.
"Staci I know this is an old song, but I'm trying! I'm dying inside without you! I can't work, can't think of any good music, hell I'm barely a father to Bella! It's so hard...baby you're all I think about. You're all I see when I close my eyes. It's like you're haunting me."-I cried. This is useless; I don't know what to do. I just want to smash my guitar into pieces.
*Ring-Ring*
"Hello?"-I sniffled.
"I'm guessing it's not going well?"- Joe asked.
"No; I sang to her and nothing. This shouldn't surprise me at this point."- I sighed.
"Nick you can't give up on her. I have an idea...maybe if she sees Bel..."
"No! Absolutely no! Bella cannot see her like this! It will break her heart if Staci doesn't snap out of it!"- I yelled, cutting him off.
"It's just an idea...Nick Bella misses her so much, and they have such a strong connection it could help. This is haunting you and trying anything is worth a shot."
"Bella is hurting enough Joe."
"Just sit and think for a while Nick, she could be the key. I'll talk to you later."- He said before hanging up. Think!? That's all I do all god damn day! I took a deep breath trying to clear my mind. Still my mind raced with thoughts of 'what if?'; I really am haunted by this. Hmmm...now I'm haunted. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't smash my guitar.

Joe's POV
I know Nick is going to kill me for this but maybe Bella can help Staci. Plus Bella wants to see her so badly. She literally cried tears of joy when I said she I was going to take her to see her mommy. I pray this helps, I can't stand to see Bella or Nick hurt anymore.
I had a nurse watch Bells while I went to check on Nick and Staci. I stood in the door way as he began to strum his guitar.
"You and I walk a fragile line, I have known it all this time but I never thought I'd live to see it break. It's getting dark, and it's all too quiet and I can't trust anything now and it's coming over you like it's all a big mistake. Oh, I'm holding my breath. Won't lose you again. Something's made your eyes go cold. Come on, come on, don't leave me like this. I thought I had you figured out. Something's gone terribly wrong, you're all I wanted. Come on, come on, don't leave me like this. I thought I had you figured out. Can't breathe whenever you're gone. Can't turn back now, I'm haunted..."- Nick sang and before he could continue Bella ran in with the nurse following behind her.
"I'm so sorry!"- The nurse said.
I didn’t say anything, I just watched Nick's face drop.
"Mommy I missed you!"- Bella cried as she hugged Staci. Nick glared back at me as we stood in silence...what did I do?
♠ ♠ ♠
So rusty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!