Status: Based off a Role Play with Butterfly Wings. Will update when I can.

Wings of Love

Hermes' idea

"You don't need to take your life, Sarene." A boy said from behind her.

Hermes took the dagger from the girls’ hand carefully and put it in his belt.

The boy was dressed in Greek clothing and had wings on his feet. He had bright blue eyes and messy brown hair that matched the belt. His skin was perfectly tanned and on top of that a charming smile. In fact Hermes looked exactly like the statue that they were standing in front of, the Greek god Hermes. This was no coincidence.

“I am Hermes.” He pointed to the statue. “And I have heard your wish to not be alone.”
Sarene sat there, staring at the Greek god in surprise so he continued.

“Also I can assure you that taking your life is not going to fix your problem.” Hermes gently took the girl’s hand again and helped her up, moving over to the light so he could get a better look of her.

In the light, Hermes could see her face better, her green eyes shining in amazement. Carefully he wiped away her tears and gave her a small smile. Sarene was actually quite a pretty girl when she wasn’t crying. Finally she started to speak.

“I-I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to be alone Hermes.” Sarene’s voice was extremely quiet, almost to the point where Hermes couldn’t hear her.

He ran a hand through his hair and stayed quiet for a moment, trying to figure out what he could do for her. Hermes couldn’t get her friends but he could try to help her get some. Also Hermes couldn’t stay down on Earth with her for fear of falling in love with a mortal; there were strict rules about that for the Gods and it was something he did not want to get himself caught up in. Finally he got an idea that might actually work and he smiled at the girl.

“I’m going to bring you home and we can talk about it on the way there okay? Though you have to promise me that if I’m going to help you that you’re not going to kill yourself.” Hermes told her and Sarene nodded. He held onto her hand tightly and began to walk her home.

“This is what I’m going to do for you. I can’t force people to be with you, but you seem like a nice enough girl to be able to get some friends if you weren’t so shy.” Sarene slightly blushed and Hermes gently smiled at her.

“So I’ll go around with you and help you meet new people so you always have someone you know around okay?”

The girl looked up at him excitedly and hugged him tightly. “Thank you so much.” Sarene whispered to him.

At first he was taken by surprise but then Hermes wrapped his arms around her and hugged her back. “It’s no problem.” Something about holding the girl close felt right.