Status: COMMENT! :)

Unexpected Lover.

Four;

I smiled softly as I woke up from a deep sleep. I was still on the couch so the odds are that Jamie didn’t come home last night. It was Saturday and I was so thankful that I still had work today. I jumped up from the sofa and practically ran into Jamie’s my bedroom. I pulled out some high waisted shorts and a stripy tank top before slipping them on over my lightly tanned skin. I did my usual curls before moving onto my make up. Once I was all ready for the day, I made my way down to the living room and grabbed my keys and phone before exiting through the front door. I looked down at my phone for the time and smiled softly as I pulled out of the driveway. I had enough time to go get a coffee before work and boy was I going to need the boost. I parked in the Starbucks car park and made my way inside the shop. I ordered a Caramel Macchiato and a chocolate chip cookie and smiled softly at the man as I handed over my money. He took the money from my hand and handed me the right change before getting to work on my drink. I heard someone walking up to the counter and I smiled softly as I saw Zacky standing next to me.

“Hey.. Riley, right?” He asked with a small smile and I nodded my head softly. He ordered his drink from the counter before turning back to me. “Are you okay? You seemed pretty upset yesterday.” He said sadly and I just shrugged as I grabbed my drink that had now been made.

“I’m okay now, Thanks for asking.” I said politely he got his drink not long after mine and smiled softly at me. I walked over to a small table and sat down as I started munching on my cookie. I saw Zacky walk over and stand awkwardly in front of me.

“You mind if I sit with you?” Zacky asked and I shook my head with a small smile.

“Coarse not.” I said as he took a seat across from me. He sipped on his coffee before staring up at me.

“So.. How long have you worked at my Mom’s shop?” He asked, Trying to start conversation. I laughed softly as I took a sip of my drink.

“I’d say around.. A year.” I said as I nodded my head and he looked slightly surprised.

“How did you start hairdressing there? My Mom’s kinda picky when it comes to her workers.” He chuckled and I smiled softly as I brushed a piece of hair from my eyes.

“Well.. I started off managing the front desk but Maria saw that wasn’t where my heart was. I told her about my degree in hairdressing and she soon took interest. I kind of showed her what I could do and here I am.” I explained and he nodded his head to show he was listening. He placed his elbow on the table and placed his chin in his palm.

“So.. How old are you?” He asked.

“I’m 24. You?” I asked with a soft smile and his eyes widened slightly as he chuckled.

“I’d have said you where.. 21. As you can tell, I’m really bad at guessing. I'm 29.” He said with a nervous chuckle and I just laughed along.

“You weren’t.. that far off.” I giggled and he rolled his eyes as he took another sip of his coffee. We continued talking back and forth for a good twenty minutes longer. And I found I now knew a lot about him.

“So, Any boyfriend I should be scared of walking in here and seeing me with you?” He asked with a small chuckle and I sighed softly as I played with my now empty glass.

“Fiancée,” I said holding up with finger with the ring on it. “.. But I don’t even know where he is so I wouldn’t worry too much.” I laughed softly and Zacky burrowed his brows in confusion.

“You don’t know where he is?” He asked in confusion and I nodded my head softly.

“He went out last night and never came back. He’ll probably be at home with a hangover when I get back.” I said with a slight sigh and he took notice of my sudden change of mood.

“Is.. Is he the reason you were crying yesterday?” He asked curiously and I sighed as I stood up.

“I’m sorry Zacky.. I really have to go. It was nice talking to you.” I mumbled as I collected my stuff and made a quick exit out of the coffee shop. I couldn’t handle that question. It just reminded me of how miserable I actually was in the relationship. I sighed softly as I started up my car and began the short ride to work.

Once I was parked up I got out of the car and walked over to the entrance. Maria greeted me with a warm hug and a smile before sending me over to my station.

“Girls, I’m going out for a while later and I won’t be back until around three. You’ll be okay on your own won’t you?” She asked and I nodded softly as Brianna answered.

“Sure thing Maria. We‘ll be fine” Brianna said with a smile of her own. Maria groaned out in annoyance as she glanced over at Gena’s empty station.

“That girl never shows up. She really is getting on my last nerve!” She exclaimed as she brought out her phone and pressed some buttons before placing it against her ear. “Zachary Baker get your girlfriend over here right now or I’ll have to sack her.” She said into the phone. She sighed softly as she held onto her head. “Well, She’s not here Zacky. She must have left without even walking in.” She said. They talked for a while longer before she mumbled a bye and hung up the phone. I really wanted to ask what was wrong but, It wouldn’t be my place to ask. I bit my lip softly.

“Don’t worry Maria. Me and Bri will sort out Gena’s appointments for the day.” I said thoughtfully and Brianna nodded in agreement. We honestly didn’t mind because we loved our jobs. She smiled gratefully as she hugged us both.

“Thank you so much girls. I’ll be back in a little while. Zacky may come over later to see if Gena has arrived.” She said. We both bid her goodbye before turning to each other.

“I wonder what that was about.” Brianna said curiously as she sipped on a bottle of water. No customers where in at the moment, meaning we could do what we want.

“I don’t know. I saw Zacky this morning and had coffee with him. I wondered why she wasn’t with him.” I muttered and Brianna’s eyes widened.

“You had coffee with him?! Details!” She exclaimed with a giggle and I rolled my eyes softly as I got my station ready for the first customer.

“Nothing happened you nonce.” I giggled. “We just had coffee and talked for a while. He started asking me about Jamie so I just sort of.. Got the hell out of there.” I said with a sad sigh and she gasped as she lightly hit my arm.

“You idiot! You walked out of coffee with Zacky for that fucking douche!?” She asked in bewilderment and I just shrugged. “He was concerned about your relationship and you just shut him out Ri.” She said and I sighed as I nodded softly. I sat down on the spinney chair at my station and placed my head in my hands. Not long later some customers entered and we had to get to work.

It was around one o’clock when the last customer left. We wouldn’t have another customer for around an hour so that gave us some time to have our lunch.

“Hey girls.” I heard from the door way and smiled as I saw Zacky. “Has Gena stopped by? Or is she still running wild?” He asked with a soft sigh.

“Sorry Zack, She’s been gone all day.” I said with a half smile. He exhaled loudly as he leaned against the wall.

“Where the fuck could she be?” He asked probably more to himself than to us. I sighed softly as I started to sweep up all the hair from the floor.

“We don’t know her well enough for her to tell us where she’s going. Sorry Zack.” I said as I dumped the hair in the bin. He nodded his head softly before walking over to me.

“Why did you run off earlier?” He asked curiously as he approached me and I just sighed.

“Me and.. Him are still a touchy subject.” I muttered and he just sighed softly as he scratched the back of his neck.

“I’m sorry I made you feel awkward.. I.. Just wanted to get to know you.” He said with a soft smile and I smiled back. “You seem like a nice girl and I’d like to talk to you more.” He said with his smile still showing. I nodded slightly as I tucked a piece of my blond hair behind my ear.

“Well.. I’m sorry for just walking out on you. I just.. Can’t talk about him at the minute.” I mumbled and he just shrugged his shoulders.

“Don’t worry about it. No harm done.” He said before pulling out his phone. He pushed a few buttons before pushing it against his ear. “See you later girls.” He said before exiting the shop.
♠ ♠ ♠
A HUGE THANK YOU TO;
the-quiet-one
XJazzilyn_VengeanceX
You guys are like the best in the world. Your the reason I'm writing. :)
Comment/Subscribe?