Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Blood

Greenhouse Three

As we waited in Greenhouse three for Professor Sprout to come in I glanced around at the other students who were chatting and talking away, though the one boy with the black hair occasionally glanced at me.

He spotted the new intruder to his lessons.

I looked at Hermione who was talking to the girl on her right. I glanced down in front of me and saw a pot with some strange planet in it, as I leant down to look closer to the roots there was a dull tapping on a pot.

I shot up to see a small plump lady, with grey curly hair and messy clothes on her, which were covered in dirt, even her hat was a complete mess.
“Good morning, Professor Sprout!” I stood up immediately and sang along with the rest of the class,
“Welcome to Greenhouse three, second years! Now gather around everyone. Today we’re going to re-pot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?” Professor Sprout asked as Hermione raised her hand I bowed my head down a little bit, hiding myself from the rest of the class.

“Yes, Miss Granger?” Professor Sprout spoke,
“Mandrake, or Mandragora is used to return those who have been Petrified to their original state. It’s also dangerous. The Mandrake’s cry is fatal to anyone who hears it.” Hermione explained I smiled to myself knowing the answer also. This also meant I wouldn’t be the only smart person in this class.
“Excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor. As our Mandrakes are still only seedlings their cries won’t kill you yet. But they could knock you out for several hours, which is why I have given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection. So could you please put them on, right away?” Professor Sprout explained, I grabbed a pair of them and then wondered if I would actually need them.

But because I’m an intruder to this school I’m going to act normal and put them on.

“Quickly! Flaps tight down, and watch me closely.” Professor Sprout tapped her earmuffs, then grabbed the leaves of the Mandrake, “You grasp your Mandrake firmly. You pull it sharply up out of the pot.” Professor Sprout pulled it out with a good yank.

A terrible high-pitched scream filled the room. Everyone reacted except for myself as she placed the Mandrake into a new pot.

“Got it? And now you dunk it down into the other pot and pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm.” Professor Sprout explained. I sensed a weird spike from the energy in the room as I looked opposite me and saw a boy collapse. “Longbottom’s been neglecting his earmuffs.” Professor Sprout placed her hands on her wide hips.
“No, ma’am, he’s just fainted.” The boy who was next to him explained,
“Yes, well, just leave him there. Right, on we go. Plenty of pots to go around.” Professor Sprout carried on like it was nothing, “Grasp your Mandrake and pull it up.” Professor Sprout explained, mine came up quicker then everybody else’s.

I stared at the thing in my hand with detest, I didn’t enjoy getting my hands dirty. I’m not much of a garden person.

I put the Mandrake back in the pot and started to cover it back up with soil until it was perfectly silent.

I sighed in annoyance. I couldn’t wait to finish this lesson.

When Professor Sprout gave us the clear to leave I was first out the door waiting for Hermione,
“I’m sorry but I will not be liking that lesson in the future,” I spoke when she appeared,
“You did look a bit in distress,” Hermione spoke,
“Distress? I hate gardening… I hate the idea of working with planets that could potentially kill someone… I mean… look at him,” I pointed towards the boy who collapsed as he stumbled out the door and fell on his face again causing some of the Slytherin house to laugh at them, “Some boys are so immature,” I shook my head.

“Why don’t you like boys so much?” Hermione asked out of the blue, my head shot around towards her,
“It’s not that I don’t like boys, its just so much as I have always been told boys are not to be associated with until I’m in a job, my mother says they are too immature when they are at school.” I explained quickly, telling part the truth my mother did tell me that boys are immature until they leave school and get a job but she never told me not to associate with them, that was a white lie.

“Well two of my closest friends are boys… they aren’t like other boys… they are more mature,” Hermione explained,
“Sure…” I nodded my head slowly, showing I wasn’t persuaded easily.

The two boys I saw the other night walked over to us as I stood with Hermione,
“Hey Hermione,” the black haired boy spoke. I looked away from them, glancing at Hermione when I did,
“Hey, Meira, these are my friends, Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley,” Hermione spoke, I glared at her for a second then looked at the two boys.
“I’m Ron,” the ginger smiled and held his hand out, I looked at it for a second then back at him,
“Sorry, hands are full,” I replied, Ron and the black haired boy, who I guessed was the famous Harry Potter glanced at each other unsure how to take my response… in a good way or bad? I looked back at Hermione who was shocked by my reply, “What, my hands are full… plus I’m not much of a handshaking person so don’t take it personally Ronald, I’ve just never been much of a shaker,” I replied trying to defuse the tension in the air.

“Shall we head to the Great Hall?” I piped up changing the convocation,
“Yea, sure,” Hermione agreed, Harry and Ron nodded also and left with us towards the Great Hall.

I sighed as I walked besides Hermione,
“You know its true, that I’m not much of a handshake person, please tell them I don’t mean to be rude,” I whispered to her trying to seem as normal as I could.

But then again… this isn’t a school for the normal.