Status: Fin.

Inferno

My oh my

Sitting at my computer desk, glasses balanced on my nose, I pour over my biochemistry notes. My hand finds its way into my hair and I twist with my fingers as I copy all of my notes in a neater formation. I ignore the voices downstairs and look up out of the window, the sun is beginning to set, sighing I turn the music so it is just softly playing in the background and continue to re-copy my notes.

I tell the person knocking on my door to come in without bothering to look up from the pages as they open and then re-close my door.

"Hey there," I hear the person whisper and I spin in my chair to look at Dante, completely confused about how he could be here if he's grounded.

"What on earth are you doing here?" I ask happily as I spring from my chair and into his arms, a massive smile on my face.

"Well I'm no longer grounded so I decided to come over and surprise you," he shrugs and I grin even wider before kissing him

"This is a wonderful surprise Danny, thank you," I smile brighter and kiss him again before making him sit on my bed with me. Dante and I talk, for ages, just about anything and everything but I can tell that something is nagging at him, there's definitely something he wants to ask or say, but he doesn't seem to want to at the same time.

"Why did Blair just call me your new toy?" Dante asks unsurely. Bingo! That must have been what it was.

"He thinks you're going to hate me once you get to know me, or just believe in the rumours and leave, like everyone else has, he doesn't trust you and he thinks that I'll run if I get too attached to you," I admits chewing on my lip then continue when I see the look on Dante's face, "Which is completely untrue, I'm past being able to run…"

"What do you mean Iz?" Dante asks and I panic, looking down at my skirt, playing with the hem of it and trying to find the courage for my next few words.

"Well, Dante, you see, I can't run because I'm well, I'm kinda in love with you," I whisper looking at my skirt, only looking straight into his eyes as I stumble over the last three words.

Dante's mouth drops open and he just sits there and stares at me, for an entire 5 seconds that feels like 5 hours before he begins to speak.