Status: Fin.

Inferno

Wonderful news

My parents called me Sunday morning, asking what I had been up to, if anything exciting had happened. I told them that I had gone to the movies with a friend and that I just spent the night watching movies after that. They told me how proud of me they were, how that I was showing them exactly why they could trust me to stay home alone, that maybe next time they might leave my brother with me, if I thought I could handle it. I thanked them then they told me that they wouldn’t be back home until Tuesday night as my Grandmother was more ill than originally thought and that they would be finalising a few things for her at the bank on Monday and Tuesday. I told them that I could handle it, that I would be okay to get myself ready and dressed for school on Monday and Tuesday. We hung up and I lay down on my bed looking at the ceiling a bright smile plastered over my lips.

I frantically typed the number into my phone and pressed call. She answered on the third ring and my heart got caught in my chest.

“Hello?” her groggy, sleep filled voice answers.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

“Hello?” she asked again.

“Iz,” I choked out.

“Danny!” she cleared her throat and in a calm voice continued, “How you goin?”

“Yeah pretty good, I was umm wondering…”

“Yes?”

“Well turns out that my parents won’t be coming home until Tuesday night, so did you umm…”
I took a deep breath, “Did you have any plans for today?”

“…no I was planning on grabbing someone to hit the city with… did you want to do something?”

“Oh no don’t worry about it, have fun at the city, I’ll talk to you later,”
I go to hang up the phone, my heart sinking, embarrassed that I had actually thought she would want to hang out with me again.

“Danny, wait! Come to the city with me?”

“Are you sure? Don’t you want to go with someone funner?”
I ask her, shit is funner even a word?

“No, I want to go with you, besides I highly doubt that I know anyone more fun than you,” she giggles a little and my heart soars.

“Okay then, what time and where do you want to meet?”

“How about I’ll come pick you up, I have something I want to show you.”

“Okay then, I’ll see you later."

“Yeah see you Danny.”


I hang up the phone and look at the ceiling, a smile plastered across my face. I sigh and close my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
there you go, a little from Dante's take on things