Status: In Process.

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong.

This is the house that doubt built.

"Told yeh." Matt said with a grin and I laughed as I got out of his lap and walked quickly to the door. I opened it to reveal four soaking wet, cold boys.

Of course I couldn't help but laugh a little.

"You all are so dumb."

"Shut up and get meh a towel." Oli mumbled as I let them in.

"Nope."

He glared at me and I went and got towels for everyone but Oli. Like I was joking!

"Madelynn!" Oli groaned as his hair dripped water into his face.

"Well, don't be a douche bag."

"Oh that was bein a douche bag? Alright well..." he said before tacking me onto the floor and I shrieked from the cold water now hitting me.

"Get off of me!"

He chuckled as he straddled my waist and I tried to push him off. He pinned my hands down and shook his head causing water to fall all over me.

"Oli!" I yelled and I could hear the guys laughing.

"Someone help me!"

Matty was in a fit of laughter on the couch. Clutching at his stomach and I tried to push Oliver off.

"Oli. Get off of her now." Jona said glaring at him as he must have came back from the bathroom.

I stuck my tongue out at Oli in a 'ha ha' sort of manner and he made a face at me, "I don't care. Jona's not meh dad."

"Oohh Jona. Did you hear that he's not afraid of your threat."

Jona stifled a laugh, "right."

"Oliver. Get off her." Matty said with a grin and Oli groaned, "fine."

I tried to free my wrist and he looked at me, "is this what sex would be like wif yeh?"

"Jona!" I yelled and he grabbed Oli off of me.

"...Cause I fink I'd like it." Oli said with a grin as Jona sat him on the couch.

"Oli!" Matty said holding out his hands for me. I grabbed them and he pulled me from the floor.

"Give meh yeh bloody key back." Matty said to Oli as Lee threw him a towel.

"Why?!"

"Cause! I don't wanna worry bout yeh breakin' in tryin ta rape Maddie!" he said as be ran the towel over my arm wiping the water off.

"I'm not gonna rape her!"

"I think yeh'd try..." Lee stated and Oli glared at him causing me to chuckle.

"I think so too!" I stated.

Oliver groaned, "No I wouldn't! But here." He said grabbing his keys from his pocket.

"No keep'em. He's just joking."

"Am not."

"Matty, let him keep them."

"Yeah listen ta yeh bird." Oli said with a grin and Vegan chuckled.

"She's not my bird." He said awkwardly rubbing his arm after he dropped the towel.

"Yeh've changed Matty, yeh've changed!" he said dramatically and the guys and I began to laugh.

I sat next to Jona and Matty sighed as he sat in the floor.

"What now?" he asked softly.

"Make tha power come back on yeh bloke!" Lee stated.

I giggled and Matt rolled his eyes, "yeah. Cause I can and all."

"Well god would listen ta yeh before he listened ta Oli."

"What the hell!" Oli yelled and I laughed from my seat.

"Stupid Sheffield." I mumbled and Oli quickly responded, "Stupid yank."

"Oli! Leave her alone!" Matty said and I reached over Jona and pushed Oli lightly.

"Madelynn." Matty said giving me a look.

"Its like having two toddlers." Jona said with a grin.

"And Matt's tha dad." Vegan said laughing.

"Which is gross cause no tellin what he does wif her." Oli stated. I rolled my eyes. Some times that kid couldn't keep his thoughts to himself.

"We do nuffin!" Matty said throwing up his hands in defeat.

"Or do we?" I said with a raised eyebrow just to be mean.

"Maddie!"

I started giggling and Jona laughed, "gosh she gets to yeh so easy. It's too funny."

"Is not." Matty mumbled.

I smiled and Jona chuckled, "he's going to get mad at yeh."

"No he won't."

"Wanna bet?" Matty asked I nodded before jumping off the couch and tackling him into the floor with a hug.

"Maddie!" he groaned in annoyance as Jona laughed at us.

Oh, how I loved annoying him.

"Why do you pretend to be annoyed with me? You already told me it wasn't true!"

"Fuck meh." He mumbled.

"Oh he can say that but if I did, it would be presumed as sexual! Bullshit!" Oliver said looking up from his phone.

"Cause usually yeh mean it that way!" Matty said sitting back up with me in his lap.

"So we juss gonna sit here?" Lee asked as he laid his head on the arm rest.

"Pretty much." Matty said holding on to me and I leaned against his chest boringly.

"We could go annoy Dan." Oliver said with a snicker.

Jona chuckled, "I kind of want ta see what he looks like..."

"Oh! Me too!" Lee said sitting up quickly.

"That little bastard. Who cares." Matty said and I chuckled,

"I'm not gonna lie..."

"Fuck it. I'm goin." Oli said standing up.

"Dude. Take a pic!" I said and Matty sighed, "I don't really fuckin care."

"Oh we're goin."

I laughed, "seriously get a pic..."

"I'll sneak one!" Lee said skipping to the door.

The door closed behind them and I giggled, "they're so ridiculous."

He shrugged and I spoke, "what's wrong?"

"Nuffin. Juss ova talkin bout it."

"Well lets not."

He chuckled, "ok."

"Can we get off the floor?"

He shook his head no and I sighed, "well ok."

He kissed my cheek and wrapped his arms around me, relaxing his chin on my shoulder.

"How's your lip and cheek?"

"I mean, it's fine right now."

"So we're just going to sit in the dark?"

"I mean not like I have a drawer of shit for a powa outage."

"Well knowing you it wouldn't surprise me."

"Hey! Well, I have a flashlight..."

"You need candles."

"Why the hell would I have candles?"

"For times like these!"

"The power neva goes out! So I'd juss look like a bird!"

"No you wouldn't. Dan has candles."

"Dan has candles cause of yeh not cause he wants them! Well he might..."

"Matty!" I said laughing.

He shrugged his shoulders and right afterwards there was a banging on the front door.

"We're fucking movin." He mumbled and I laughed as I got up quickly. I ran to the door and opened it to see Josh.

"Josh!"

"Madelynn!" he yelled grabbing me up.

"You know how hard it is not to see you everyday!" he said hugging me tightly.

"I know. It's sad..."

He looked at me with a serious face, "don't blame you though. It just sucks."

"I know." I said with a weak grin. Even though I knew I did the right thing it didn't make it any easier. Love just doesn't go away and I loved Dan a lot.

"Why are you here? I mean not that I mind." I said as we pulled apart.

"It's weird over there." He whispered pointing towards Dan's place.

I laughed, "Yeah. I knew that. Come in."

I closed the door behind him and he walked in as Matty got up from the floor they did some hug sort of deal and Josh spoke, "your face looks better than his..."

I laughed and Matty shrugged, "good."

"It's a sore subject..." I said sitting down on the couch giving Matty a grin. He rolled his eyes and sat across from me in a chair.

"So are you gonna live here permanently now?"

I nodded and Matty spoke, "Yeah. And I question what I'm getting myself inta."

Josh laughed while I shot a glare at Matty.

"What yeh talkin bout? She's fun!"

"Thank you Josh!"

"Yeah, maybe she should live with yeh."

I frowned, "Matty."

"Juss frowin' it out there."

"Oh my gosh he hates me." I said and Max laughed, "I do not."

"Yes you do."

Matty sighed and shook his head.

"Well you can if you want. I live alone." Josh said shrugging like it was nothing.

"She's not movin out."

"I might."

"Yeh not."

"You just said you wouldn't care!"

"Yeah, I lied."

"I'll be mental if I stay here." I said to Josh who laughed at my despare.

"What are you talking about? He acts like you."

"That's an insult." Matty mumbled.

"See how mean he is to me!"

"Stop bloody sayin that! Yeh tell me that every day!"

"Well I wouldn't have to if it wasn't true!"

Josh laughed once more, "wow. It's worse over here. I'm going to go back and make sure they haven't killed Dan."

"Well, that could be possible..."

He laughed and hugged me, "I'll call you or something because we are going to hang out soon."

"Better."

"Bye Matt. Be nice to her." He said chuckling and Matt waved him off. Once the door shut Matt looked at me.

"So. I'll move."

"No yeh not. Don't be so dramatic." He said rolling his eyes.

I crossed my arms and stared at him trying to maintain a serious face which did nothing more but cause a grin to appear on him.

"juss come here." He said chuckling.

"Hell no."

"Madelynn."

"Matthew."

"fine. I'll come ta yeh." He said with a sigh as he got up and took the seat beside me.

"Maddie, don't go. I was jokin'." He said his hand finding my cheek.

"Whatever."

"Sweetie...come on..." He said softly and I rolled my eyes as I grabbed his hand from my cheek. He grasped a hold of mine and pulled me into him.

"I'm only messin' with yeh."

"Ok."

He sighed and stared at me before finally speaking, "I'm sorrah that I act....so...bipolar...I mean I know we joke around and all that it's juss...I...imma try ta be honest...ok?" he said seriously and I stared at him now a bit confused as to where this was all coming from.

He breathed in deeply and I grew a bit nervous. Why was he acting like this...

"Matty...is everything ok? You're scaring me." I said softly.

His eyes narrowed together as if he was in thought and I bit my bottom lip.

"If yeh live here Maddie, which I want yeh to cause yeh my best mate...but if yeh do..." he sighed nervously and I was seriously at a loss for words because I had no idea what he was trying to say.

"If yeh do...we can't be like this."

"Like what? Arguing? I didn't think we were being serious..." I said quickly and he smiled, "No love. I know we aren't serious bout that."

"Then what?" I asked growing a bit impatient at this game. Just say it!

"This. Us bein so close...let me rephrase that...us bein so...touchy feely wif each otha. Yeh sleepin wif meh every night. All that."

"I didn't know it bothered you." I said softly. Yeah I mean, if anything I was a bit hurt by this because if he felt this way he should have told me a few days ago!

"No! no, Madelynn. It doesn't." He said quickly as he cupped my face. Before he could finish his speech though the door opened and the guys walked in laughing. He removed his hands from me and I stared at him as he fidgeted with his shirt. Nothing can ever go right.
♠ ♠ ♠
-----
I just want to state that I literally just started writing this story maybe a week ago and the fact that this is only Chapter 6 and so many of you like it blows my mind. I literally just randomly thought of Matt one day and a whole story came to me within 2 minutes. And the fact that it's almost more popular than the Oliver story I've been posting on here for a month makes me question the Oliver story a lot... Or maybe I should just realize Matt's cooler! Haha.

Either way. It's awesome.

Thanks for the comments:
Nessajc
MforMaeri
Colorful_dinos
RonniexRadkexLover

And to whoever is taking time reading this thrown together story. :)