Put an X on the Floor

To the Zones

Now this girl wakes up and she presumes herself to be dead because she's developed a strong hit of desert fever. Of course she doesn't realise that she has desert fever and just thinks that death is painful. However when someone opens the door to the room that she was in, the girl slowly realises that she is alive.

"Thirsty?" the man asks, offering her a bottle of liquid which she takes hurriedly and begins to swallow it quickly. The man just watches and raises an eyebrow when she pulls the bottle away from her lips and begins to splutter and cough. He decides that if he lets her hold the bottle for much longer that there will be no more liquid left in it so he takes it from her hand and does it up. He is not impressed so far.

"What the fuck was that?" the girl exclaims clearly outraged. It's obvious that she lacks manners to appreciate the fact that he gave her the water because he wanted to and not because he had to.

With a shake of his head the man just glares at the girl. "You're clearly not from the zones. What did you expect, non-polluted water that is sparkling?" Of course the man's words were partly sarcastic to the girl because he doesn't like her.

It was true, the girl wasn't from the zones but she wasn't from Battery City either. The man knows that as well so he will wait for her to attempt to lie to him. He might even let her keep up with the lie for a while, just to see what will happen.

"So where are you from then?" the man asks. The girl just shrugs her shoulders and tries to brush it off but the man doesn't allow it. "I asked you a question. We could have left you out in the desert to die but we didn't so at least have the courtesy to answer a damn question."

The girl recoils in shock which doesn't surprise the man because people often feel intimidated by him in situations like so. "I'm from Battery City," she mumbles, "I escaped a few days ago."

It surprises the man just how many people pass through their diner and lie about the fact that they come from Battery City. "Alright then. I'm Party Poison, commonly known as the leader of the Fabulous Killjoys. I'm sure you've heard plenty of stories about my boys and I." The girl doesn't realise that his words mock what she just said. No, she is too in awe over the fact that they're actually real. "Your name?"

The girls swallows quickly before answering, "Misery Gasoline." However she doesn't expect to have him laugh slightly before leaving the room.

She doesn't get that she just gave away the backbone of her lie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh I do like these characters. It's hard to pick who are the actual bad guys in this. Ha.
Anyway happy Christmas Eve. Or whatever you celebrate. I'm not even going to attempt to spell the Jewish holiday. Just no.